TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Boxing Thread

Anthony Peterson is going to fight Edner Cherry on that Rubio-Pavlik/Jennings-Cotto doubleheader PPV card in February. John Duddy is also going to fight Matt Vanda on that card. Four fights I want to see. Will order.

All Sugar Shane. Just destroyed him. I don't even think Margarito won a round. Would love to see Paul Williams - Sugar Shane in the late summer.

1621951040_aeced21a1f.jpg

What the heck does that mean? I'm more then half that guys age.

Paul Williams, great composer

Also, cant wait to hear what's the deal with Margarito's foreign object of doom in his glove, pre-fight.

Would love to see Mosley-Cotto II or Willaims-Mosley. The wild-card out of all this is if PBF comes out of retirement.

Mosley cemented himself as an all-time great. Unless, of course, Margarito has had the substance in his gloves for nearly the entirety of his career. It cannot possibly be the first time this has happened. I left before the interviews. Needed to beat traffic.

Did Merchant ask Mosley about the BALCO thing?

I watch boxing once in a blue moon (Basically when there's a big fight on regular HBO and not PPV), but damn... Mosley handed Cotto his ass tonight. Did Cotto's whole fight strategy die once they found the stuff in his gloves?

Margarito is just an overrated, cheating piece of shit. He would've never put that shit in his gloves had it not been there for the Cotto fight.

I hope they hold his purse.

Great performance from Mosley. Really didn't think he had it in him after how slow and hittable he looked in his last fight. Guess, you can never count out an all time great. Margarito getting caught with apparent loaded gloves before the fight certainly deserves attention.

Wlad vs. Haye is close to being done. June 20th would be the date. That's far enough away that I don't even give a shit.

What the fuck is up with Canadian boxing officials and judges? Urango & Ngoudjo had to battle through a 5 minute 10th round as apparently no officials realized that the two guys had been fighting for a round and a half's worth of time before the timekeeper finally ended the round. Then, though Urango deserved a relatively close win, the judges seemed to overcompensate for complaints about hometown judging by giving Urango the win via some absolutely ridiculous scores.

At least the right guy took the JD.

I thought the score should've been wide, but I think it has become clear that there probably shouldn't be any important fights in Montreal for a while.

118-110 was about right.

Joe Calzaghe retired today. There just weren't enough 40+ year olds or shitty contenders left to build his record against.

He's scared of Chad Dawson. I understand.

Would Calzaghe be the worst fighter to be an undisputed champion and later retire with an undefeated record? I believe so.