TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Star Ocean 3

*marks all read*

close this thread.

OK, I couldn't respond until there were enough threads to warrant marking all read, so there are now. That will probably be a problem if a lot of people talk to me in this thread cuz I won't be able to respond right away, but it takes days for me to think of witty comebacks anyway so it won't be that bad.

I actually didn't respond to that last quote. This thread shouldn't be closed because it is a nice chance to chat about what's going on with the board. I can't be the only one marking these topics as read instead of drudging through them.

I got stood up 3 times tonight. Everyone's flaking out on me, I'm so pathetic - all I have to rely on is this wonderful thread now.

Also, a hummingbird almost flew right into my face. I mean, it was heading straight on and just cleared my head 2 inches in front of me. This actually happened a while ago but I thought I'd mention it here.

So many people are reading that "who's your favorite Leena" topic, but it's so boring. I expect everyone will start reading this one now that I bumped it by marking all read!

Guest Felonies!

Sandy had a board called the Cesspool where everyone could do anything. It was cool.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

im with you, Star Ocean 3. there's like 76 leena threads. i cant keep up.

I've come up with a great new grammatical error which is sure to be the next big fad. What you do is eliminate the intransitive verbs such as "is" or "are" from the sentence. For example:

"Star Ocean 3 awesome poster."

You can create a whole new rhythm to your words! Insert commas to assert your style!

"The thing about that is that I was waiting for it to end first."

becomes

"The thing about, that that I waiting for it to, end first."

Shakespeare never sounded better!

"To or not to, that the question"

It's charming and brilliant, a fine entry into this new medium of modern avant-internet literature.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

That's also the same basic premise behind E-Prime, where the verb "to be" is verboten and you have to be really circumlocutional in everything you say, like "Star Ocean 3 seems like an awesome poster."

furthermore, i don't like when people say "it's only a fraction of the cost" or whatever.

a fraction could be anything. it could be ¾, ½, even ¼. Saying it's a fraction doesn't tell us anything...you should say that it's a small fraction if that's your point.

frankly, i could care less, but it's kind of a coincidence.

Guest Vitamin X

Only anyone who's not from L.A. actually realizes that Anaheim is actuall an entirely different city on its own an hour south, and not a suburb.

I believe you can only classify a suburb as one being within at least the same county or 30 minutes' driving distance, depending on the size of the main city. From the cities I've lived in:

L.A.: Pretty much everything in Los Angeles County until you start getting real far out east, I'd say anything past I-15 is no longer L.A.

Miami: Fort Lauderdale, Sweetwater, Kendall, Homestead is kinda iffy because it's rather far south. Pinecrest, Aventura as well.

Portland: Beaverton, Hillsboro, Tigard, Lake Oswego, Gresham, and Vancouver, WA.

I find Portland to be a more traditional big city, because it's not this convoluted urban sprawl like Los Angeles, that just looks like an infectious growth on a map, or a city that's exploding at the seams in all the wrong places because it was never meant to be a metropolis like Miami. I mean, you've got your downtown, surrounding neighborhoods, and then the suburbs and everything linking them together by mass transit and freeway. Simple.