TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

2006 Fall TV...

There was a dispute between my cable company and the CW about airing the network, but the company decided they would air the network but buried it between all the HD channels (ch. 914 to be exact)

They wouldn't even announce publically what channel it would be on and just said "Look for it".

The Class was eh, nothing special.

I got a screeners copy of Shark and Brothers and Sisters- will try to check them out

The Class has a good premise and I liked a couple characters but it really felt forced and I don't know if it really has the ability to step away from the obvious Friends comparisons.

I got a screeners copy of Shark and Brothers and Sisters- will try to check them out

How do you get screeners copies? Do you work in the industry?

I saw the premiere of Shark tonight. I liked it a lot. James Woods really does a good job with the main character. I think this could be a pretty big hit for CBS, especially with CSI as a lead-in.

James Woods, really deserves better though. I'm convinced they hired an inferior cast strictly to make Woods that much better and awesome.

The only character aside from Woods that I liked was the daughter.

James Woods and Michael Madsen can turn shit into gold. Woods rocked everything tonight with his character.

CSI though is... wow. Both parts of that ending are all kinds of WTF.

James Woods and Michael Madsen can turn shit into gold. Woods rocked everything tonight with his character.

CSI though is... wow. Both parts of that ending are all kinds of WTF.

Need to make up for that crap season finale episode.

I loved SHARK but like others have said, other than Woods the cast just felt flat. With a strong supporting cast, Woods has the ability to make this into the legal version of HOUSE but with a new twist of him having a daughter. Granted they may get better but right now, they are horrid.

Hopefully it did well in the ratings cause it's officially on my must see list with Bones, House, Stand-off, The Unit, Criminal Minds and 24 when it returns.

And if you are a fan of JUSTICE, you may not want to keep your hopes up. The show dropped below the 4.0 mark, which is usually the death nail for a show on a major network.

I was liking Justice but I never expected it to stick around because the cast is so unlikable and no one is a strong enough character to warrant sticking around It's also way over the top with the gimmicky nature of the show.

As for the new FOX dramas, I really Standoff is the best .

I was liking Justice but I never expected it to stick around because the cast is so unlikable and no one is a strong enough character to warrant sticking around It's also way over the top with the gimmicky nature of the show.

As for the new FOX dramas, I really Standoff is the best .

I totally agree with your assessment of Justice. Other shows I've watched that are probably not going to stick around are Kidnapped and Six Degrees. Both shows have nice casts but, honestly, they just don't have that 'it' factor that makes me want to watch every week.

I hope that Kidnapped sticks around because I thought the premiere was really good. It had good tension and suspense throughout the show, and had some good actors in it. Delroy Lindo, Jeremy Sisto, Timoty Hutton, Dana Delaney....

But I agree about Justice. I don't think that's a horrible show. But a lot of the characters seem really unlikable.

I really really like Justice. :( How has it been doing ratings-wise so far?

In reality, ALL of Fox's Mon - Wed lineups have been pretty great, IMO. Hopefully Justice does stick around, and this past weeks snag in ratings could be explained as competition from CW's Top Model premiere.

*hopeless Eamonn Walker fan*

The Class has a good premise and I liked a couple characters but it really felt forced and I don't know if it really has the ability to step away from the obvious Friends comparisons.

Blame the network. That's the way they've been selling the show the entire summer, so it seems obvious that's where they want to go.

As for what I watch, it's the Price is Right, and only the Price is Right. Working 10 hours at night pretty much eliminates all primetime for me.

I meant to DVR Six Degrees, but forgot to do it. How was that show?

I found it boring to be quite honest. The thing with shows like Six Degrees is that they've got to hook you in right away for you to remain a viewer and Six Degrees just didn't do it for me. It's one of those either you really like it or you really hate it. No middle ground.

My schedule:

Sunday:

9:00 - Desperate Housewives

Monday:

8:00 - Prison Break

9:00 - Heroes

10:00 - Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Tuesday:

8:00 - Friday Night Lights

9:00 - Veronica Mars

10:00 - Nip/Tuck

Wednesday:

8:00 - Jericho

8:30 - 30 Rock (DVRed)

9:00 - LOST

Thursday:

8:00 - My Name is Earl

8:30 - The Office

9:00 - The OC

10:00 - ER

Kidnapped, was better then Vanished. I'm slightly disapointed that it's already headed to the slaughter.

Justice never really had a chance with a unlikable cast, bad premise (who'd really get behind a show about greedy LA defense lawyers?) and gimmicky production. I figure they'll give it one more shot, perhaps moving it behind House. I think Standoff is capable of doing well without the House lead-in.

Here's a quick top 5 new shows for me

1. Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip

2. Stand-Off

3. Heroes

4. Shark

5. Runaway

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Already beheaded:

JUSTICE (FOX)

HAPPY HOUR (FOX)

They're on "hiatus".

As part of a flurry of last-minute scheduling changes, FOX has placed its freshman comedy Happy Hour on hiatus until after its October baseball coverage. New episodes then are "expected" to resume on Thursday, November 2nd at 8:30pm/7:30pm.

Also getting an early exit: fellow newbie Justice. The show's October 4th airing has been bumped in favor of a repeat of House that night at 9pm/8pm. Said development makes its September 27th broadcast its last new installment before its baseball-induced hiatus. To soften the blow however FOX has added a repeat of Justice's pilot on Friday, September 29th at 8pm/7pm, trimming the previously-planned two-hour season finale of Celebrity Duets to just one hour in the process.

Hiatus with FOX tends to turn to cancelled unless the series is getting critical acclaim. Something neither of these two shows can say. They are basically waiting for FOX to pull the plug cause both are gone.

The only thing that might save JUSTICE is BONES isn't exactly setting the ratings on fire. If Justice can get back into the five range, it might be ok. I don't see that happening.

I think, scheduling wise, Til Death and Happy Hour were just put in a bad, bad spot, up against Earl/Office. Til Death wasn't too bad from what I saw, but Happy Hour was like some kind of demented, third-rate How I Met Your Mother in theory. And it found a way to be fourth-rate in practice.

Didn't catch Justice, and I'm loving Studio 60 and enjoying Standoff.

I don't think it really mattered where 'Til Death and Happy Hour was slotted, they are both terrible shows and I seriously doubt Fox really expected them to take off.

I expect them to cancel both these shows by mid-november. I'm not

Guest ResidentEvil

For North American Tv, I will be watching Gilmore Girls and LOST. I will not be watching anything else as that's enough TV for me unless something gets heavily reccomended to me by a friend .

Gilmore Girls had their season premiere just the other day. I had missed it but managed to catch it later thanks to the magical world of the interenet. It's a different Gilmore Girls than last year as there are some new people behind the scenes so it'll be intriguing to see how this season pans out.