TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

WWE Observer Notes

There hasn't been a new deal signed with Sci-Fi for ECW but there is expected to be. Vince wants a raise in rights fees but NBC Universal turned down that request. NBC wants the mobile phone rights the the shows but Vince ain't biting on that one either.

WWE pulled the Taker-Khali match from Summerslam because it was gonna suck, but you all already knew that. Some people within WWE were against the decision since they had already advertised the match for the Bash PPV the month before and then not delivered, but ultimately, the match was cancelled.

Mysterio will be taking time off after his feud with Chavo is done to get knee surgery. He'll probably be out at least six months.

Angle is losing a lot of respect backstage as he frequently tries to change plans for himself and others.

The 12/3 ECW PPV will be held in Augusta, GA.

Dave calls the Rey/Chavo/Vickie stuff from Smackdown on 8/11 "beyond fucked up". He also says that JT reading her poem in the Diva Search talent show reminded him of a "stoned skank stripper". That man can be so brutal sometimes.........

WWE was going to bring in James Beard as a ref, but then he made a long post about his WWE tryout on the wrestlingclassics.com message board. So now they don't want him anymore.

Dave thinks Francine will be gone from ECW soon because Vince apparently doesn't think she's good-looking enough.

Some people in WWE want to bring back Rikishi and Brian Christopher to reform Too Cool, and to bring in Ron Killings to be a member of the group.

CourtTV will be airing Ric and Beth Flair's alimony hearings in November.

Gimmick stealer.

Some people in WWE want to bring back Rikishi and Brian Christopher to reform Too Cool, and to bring in Ron Killings to be a member of the group.

Do these people not realize that it's not 2000 anymore? Scotty 2 Hottyis dead in the water, Rikishi has a plum deal in Italy, and don't get me started on the gassed up midget.

Guest Kobe24KGold
There hasn't been a new deal signed with Sci-Fi for ECW but there is expected to be. Vince wants a raise in rights fees but NBC Universal turned down that request. NBC wants the mobile phone rights the the shows but Vince ain't biting on that one either.

WWE pulled the Taker-Khali match from Summerslam because it was gonna suck, but you all already knew that. Some people within WWE were against the decision since they had already advertised the match for the Bash PPV the month before and then not delivered, but ultimately, the match was cancelled.

Mysterio will be taking time off after his feud with Chavo is done to get knee surgery. He'll probably be out at least six months.

Angle is losing a lot of respect backstage as he frequently tries to change plans for himself and others.

Dave calls the Rey/Chavo/Vickie stuff from Smackdown on 8/11 "beyond fucked up". He also says that JT reading her poem in the Diva Search talent show reminded him of a "stoned skank stripper". That man can be so brutal sometimes.........

WWE was going to bring in James Beard as a ref, but then he made a long post about his WWE tryout on the wrestlingclassics.com message board. So now they don't want him anymore.

Dave thinks Francine will be gone from ECW soon because Vince apparently doesn't think she's good-looking enough.

CourtTV will be airing Ric and Beth Flair's alimony hearings in November.

AH SHIT...I read it, too. :bonk:

Guest nokia

from lordsofpain.net

Vince McMahon is reportedly not a fan of ECW Vixen Francine, and she could be an early casualty when WWE stops using some of the "ECW originals."

Upon seeing Francine backstage at the most recent One Night Stand PPV, McMahon asked Johnny Ace who hired someone that looked like that (not up to the "WWE Diva" standard).

Her saving grace thus far has been WWE's interest in getting Kelly Kelly over on the house show circuit. Francine is paired with Kelly in the "Extreme Body Contests," and outside of "old school" ECW markets, she has made the 19-year-old model look even better by comparison.

When that angle runs its course, Francine could very well be dropped from the roster.

If they're bringing back Killings, I'd much rather they reform X-Factor.

Man, I loved their music.

Augusta?

Let Killings come in as the original Truth or at least in a better role than playing sidekick to Rikishi as a lower midcard act. Who knows if he would translate to the big arenas, but Killings has shown he can be an asset and do much more. But there's like a 10% chance of everything coming to fruition anyway.

When was Ron Killings in X-Factor? That was X-Pac, Justin Credible, and Albert.

I think he means he'd rather they reform X-Factor and put Killings in the new version.

And I never got why people hated their music.

WWE is clueless with the decision to place ECW's first PPV as a brand in Augusta. Okay, so Vince isn't happy with NYC's reactions and he wants to "punish" them? Fine. Still means there are over a hundred better locations like Chicago, Milwaukee, Dayton, Philadelphia or Buffalo.

from lordsofpain.net

Vince McMahon is reportedly not a fan of ECW Vixen Francine, and she could be an early casualty when WWE stops using some of the "ECW originals."

Upon seeing Francine backstage at the most recent One Night Stand PPV, McMahon asked Johnny Ace who hired someone that looked like that (not up to the "WWE Diva" standard).

Her saving grace thus far has been WWE's interest in getting Kelly Kelly over on the house show circuit. Francine is paired with Kelly in the "Extreme Body Contests," and outside of "old school" ECW markets, she has made the 19-year-old model look even better by comparison.

When that angle runs its course, Francine could very well be dropped from the roster.

She was awesome working the crowd at the show I was at, giving some fat guy who was booing the middle finger and she said something but I couldnt make it out. But yeah, she looks like shes been run over by a truck in the face..

Guest netslob

does Vince ever look at the people he hires? or only after he hires them? i mean, Francine was never fabulous-looking, but if you know that , why hire her in the first place, just to fire her for not being up to your standards?

i swear the man may have surpassed John Edward in the Biggest Douche Ever department.

Guest DRH 502

Vince runs a multimilliondollar company. Do you know what thats like? He ain't got time for C show skanks...

When was Ron Killings in X-Factor? That was X-Pac, Justin Credible, and Albert.

I think he means he'd rather they reform X-Factor and put Killings in the new version.

And I never got why people hated their music.

Uncle Cracker is good music?

then who hired her? i thought everything was run by him first?

Johnny Ace hires the talent. Vince was probably told that Francine was a ECW star and was cheap and Vince obviously hasn't had problems with her before so he goes "okay".

The weird thing is that Francine worked the ECW show last year and yet Vince apparently just noticed her backstage for the first time. It's nothing but his obvious senility.

And James Beard's response:

I don’t deny that some of the guys in the WWE office may be upset with what I wrote concerning my experiences there……The truth is, I probably should not have been so open about things until something was settled for sure.

I have always been one to protect the business and was reluctant for a long time to participate on any wrestling discussions that were public or on the internet. I would have been perfectly happy to have retired from the business, knowing I was one of the fortunate ones who became lucky enough to be a part of the wrestling fraternity and never speaking of it’s secrets or inside goings on until the day I die. I have to say, however, that I had nothing to do with the exposure of the wrestling business and I would suggest that if that is now an issue, that those who often expose much more than I ever could should look in the mirror.

I watched the business become exposed to the public and have seen many of my fellow participants in professional wrestling open up to discussing the business and how things work. I slowly and reluctantly began to open up myself and found a couple of relatively comfortable places to discuss professional wrestling and relive some of my experiences.

While I know and have seen many internet sites that are full of disrespectful and often ignorant views concerning the business and those involved, after a good bit of watching and reading, I became fairly comfortable with a couple of places that mostly show respect and some thoughtful and insightful commentary. I even found some old friends to share this way of maintaining a connection to the business…..Many of which were much more significant in the business than I.

I have always said that were I still active in the business, I would most likely not participate in any public discussions, particularly of anything I was involved in. Though I was not an employee of WWE, I realize I should not have been discussing what I was involved in there, at least until I knew for sure I would not be a part of the company. For that, I apologize, as it goes against my own way of doing things and the way I believed when I was in the business full time.

I had considered myself retired. I have built and established a life and career beyond professional wrestling that I have become very content with. When I received the call that the WWE was interested in my coming in, I felt a sense of validation and honestly was somewhat flattered to be asked. Although, as some of whom I have confided in can tell you, I had some issues and concerns that I may not be of the mind to return to the business full time, I felt it to be a matter of professional courtesy and owing myself to find out if there might be some chance I would feel the passion to become involved again if the situation were right.

It is no secret I have issues with the WWE direction and some of it’s creative philosophy. I also have made no secret of what I believed the referee role should be and how it should be approached and the rules that should be made more important. I was told there was a desire to change some of that thinking in WWE and that maybe I would be one who could help.

I went into the situation with the mind-set that I would do the best job I could with whatever they gave me to do or work with. I think I did that and did it well. The feedback I was getting from the wrestlers, the agents I talked with and others involved was quite positive and complimentary.

I won’t relive the situation in the dark match that has gotten so much attention, but I believe, under the circumstances, I handled it as well as anyone could have. I think I did all I was asked and did it in a professional manner and with quality.

What bothered me most was, even with the positive responses I was getting from many (some of which were expressing how positive they were that I’d be getting an offer), I never heard a word from anyone responsible for deciding if they were interested or not in my working with them. When I left the Hammerstein arena on Tuesday night, I drove back to Jersey, got up at 3:30 AM and caught a flight to Texas and nobody had said a thing to me or asked me anything concerning working for WWE over the two nights I worked there. I would have expected a “we’ll be in touch” or “we’re not interested” or “kiss my ass” or something….But, I left with the feeling that they were looking elsewhere or, for whatever reason, had decided they were not going to offer me anything or even discuss it.

Another thing that crossed my mind and bothers me some is that a couple guys I had always been good friends with seemed a bit distant or not as friendly as I would have thought. Maybe because they had been dragged into that law suit concerning the Memphis/USWA situation a few years back (though they were ultimately dismissed from it)…..Although I had nothing to do with who was brought into the thing and even tried to get the lawyers to leave a couple guys out who I knew had not done anything, those type law suits usually name everyone vaguely involved until they decide who the real culprits are. I did take a stance that I stand by today that put me on the side of those who did drag them into it….I can’t help but wonder if there might have been some negative words once I was seen there….Don’t know, but it’s something that I have to wonder about.

The truth is, I have doubts that an agreement could have been come to that would have satisfied my issues and been suitable for WWE to work with, but we never discussed this to find out and I never got so much as a nod before leaving.

I realize TV is hectic and the guys responsible are very busy….I did not want to bother guys who were working and concentrating on other things….But, I would suggest that someone should rethink how they bring guys in for tryouts or look-sees or interviews and that somebody should, at least, let a guy know if there is interest or not. In my case, though I don’t pretend to be a big star or even significant to them and I know that to some a referee is not the most important role to be concerned with, I believe someone with years of experience and who has proven themselves to be a quality professional would get a little more attention than some wide-eyed kid who’d give his soul to work for WWE without question……I believe I deserved, at least, some response.

As it was, while I admit that I had wondered if I would hear anything, I came home believing the experience was probably over and that the WWE was going in another direction for whatever reason….I had no indication that it could be otherwise until I heard from others in a round about way that this may have been the case….

Although I regret not giving it more time and have already stated that I am sorry I revealed so much before knowing for sure, I am quite content with my life and how things have turned out…..I will probably always wonder what they may have had to say or offer, but maybe it’s best this way as I have serious doubts I would have been content working in an atmosphere that I know is probably not going to really change significantly toward my way of thinking when it comes to creative and philosophical issues are concerned….Plus, I don’t know that I could have revived the passion for working in the business I once had to the point that leaving behind or compromising a hard earned and comfortable situation at home and work would have been worth it to me personally…..

I reckon I’ll just keep enjoying my somewhat distant connection to the business and the freedom to say whatever I want about what goes on in it to all of you who care to listen…..some of you, whether you care or not.

WWE is clueless with the decision to place ECW's first PPV as a brand in Augusta. Okay, so Vince isn't happy with NYC's reactions and he wants to "punish" them? Fine. Still means there are over a hundred better locations like Chicago, Milwaukee, Dayton, Philadelphia or Buffalo.

Chicago would be perfect!!!! Didnt he see who we rocked Wrestlenamia, and saved the Cena-HHH match from itsefl?

Augusta, GA for ECW? What a weird, arbitrary place to have a PPV. You'd think they almost want the show to suck. That said, since it's ECW brand only it'll draw out whatever psycho rednecks that are into ECW in that area.

Bringing in Ron Killings is a great idea, since TNA shits all over the guy. But why put him in a loser gimmick like a reformed Too Cool or even worse another X Factor? Why not let him be a hard edged rapper character and let him either team or feud with John Cena? They kinda have to do it if they sign him. At least I would think so.

Chicago would be perfect!!!! Didnt he see who we rocked Wrestlenamia, and saved the Cena-HHH match from itsefl?

...what

Augusta is about 20 minutes from where I am, so this is great news for me. There may be a hundred better places for the show to take place at, but we rarely see wrestling events around here anymore, and as far as I can remember, there has never been a PPV taped here either. I'll be there for sure.

Who the F is James Beard? And why should I, average viewer, bother to read a zillion pages long text about him going to the WWE or not?

James Beard is an idiot ref they had working an ECW show who posted a whole bunch of shit on a forum last week about how awful Shannon Moore and his opponent were and that he had to walk them through the match.

The guy is clearly a new level of moron to have done this and not expected WWE to tell him to get fucked.