TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

WWE Observer Notes

Years ago James Beard boxed a manager in Global. Since he was a ref, he'd be following the rules, right?

Nah, the heel tried loading his glove, but Beard got the item (forget what it was) and used it instead and won.

There hasn't been a new deal signed with Sci-Fi for ECW but there is expected to be. Vince wants a raise in rights fees but NBC Universal turned down that request. NBC wants the mobile phone rights the the shows but Vince ain't biting on that one either.

If this fickle shit leads to ECW not getting a new deal, then that's pure fucking ignorance

WWE pulled the Taker-Khali match from Summerslam because it was gonna suck, but you all already knew that. Some people within WWE were against the decision since they had already advertised the match for the Bash PPV the month before and then not delivered, but ultimately, the match was cancelled.

I liked the match from SD. Taker did a better job carrying the dumb fuck then I thought he would. At times you could just tell Khali was lost, and I saw a look on Taker's face, like"What the fuck is he doing" a couple times. Taker taking the bump off the stage was sick. The triangle choke had me markin' out. Of course, this was the edited version, a live SS version might have been much worse.

Mysterio will be taking time off after his feud with Chavo is done to get knee surgery. He'll probably be out at least six months.

So an angle with chavo taking out Rey's knee, or Vickie turning and doing it, or a combination of both is likely. Cool shit. Rey needs some time away anyway, he's being booked like shit, and he's lost most of his heat because of it.

Angle is losing a lot of respect backstage as he frequently tries to change plans for himself and others.

Angle seriously needs to go to rehab and get some anger managment. I'm legit concerned for the guy.

The 12/3 ECW PPV will be held in Augusta, GA.

Fucking brilliant.

Dave calls the Rey/Chavo/Vickie stuff from Smackdown on 8/11 "beyond fucked up". He also says that JT reading her poem in the Diva Search talent show reminded him of a "stoned skank stripper". That man can be so brutal sometimes.........

That's the whole reason I liked her.

WWE was going to bring in James Beard as a ref, but then he made a long post about his WWE tryout on the wrestlingclassics.com message board. So now they don't want him anymore.

Dumbass.

Dave thinks Francine will be gone from ECW soon because Vince apparently doesn't think she's good-looking enough.

Dude just now noticed this?

Some people in WWE want to bring back Rikishi and Brian Christopher to reform Too Cool, and to bring in Ron Killings to be a member of the group.

Goddamn. I hated the Too Cool gimmick before, and Christopher and Taylor are way too old to play the gimmicks now. I was hoping Rikishi was gone for good, and Ron Killings needs to stay in TNA. He has a much better chance at doing something there then he does in the WWE.

CourtTV will be airing Ric and Beth Flair's alimony hearings in November.

Anybody got a date for this?

When was Ron Killings in X-Factor? That was X-Pac, Justin Credible, and Albert.

I think he means he'd rather they reform X-Factor and put Killings in the new version.

And I never got why people hated their music.

Yeah, of all the stables of that period. X-Factor were the coolest.

If they're bringing back Killings and doing Too Cool, they should get X-Pac and Albert and feud them with X-Factor.

X-Factor rocked.

"to the X-Facta"

I liked it...

It would be even better if they brought in Ron Killings with a normal serious character and he got a push. But ofcourse....that would never happen...

James Beard was a fantastic referee for World Class back in the 1980s, and with WWE wanting more seasoned refs, he'd be a perfect fit.

Unfortunately, you're not allowed to do things like utilize your first amendment rights if you're on the payroll, so Beard's out of the business.

I'm actually suprised they didn't put Taker vs. Khali on PPV. Sure, it would have sucked, but still...

On Francine: Never liked her that much, but if this is true, then Vince really doesn't pay too muchattention to things these days.

Finally, why bring back Brian Christopher? He'll just get fired again.

He should've known that posting on Wrestling Classics was going to get him in trouble

Except he wasn't actually under a WWE contract anyway. They could have simply put a clause into his contract telling him not to talk on message boards if they felt it would be a problem.

-- It'd be hilarious if ECW was gone because Vince couldnt squeeze a little more money out of SCI FI; and they used to call Heyman a stubborn/bad businessman

-- what exactly are they referring to with Angle?

-- Georgia was the birthplace of the Alliance!! Where people's dreams of seeing Chuck Palumbo and Bob Holly in the same ring FINALLY came true.

I think the the majority of Heyman's plans will get cut off through the Fall, so by November Vince will already be planning on sending 'invaders' to 'save' the ppv. That would include any guys on the shows he's on, that get no reaction.

-- They should have Rey come back and ally with another Guerrero and constantly get turned on over and over, like Sting and the Horsemen. It's big money.

-- Francine isn't up to par with what Vince likes. It's obvious from tv he leans more toward the Miz and/or Mark Grisham look.

Here's what James Beard posted on the WrestlingClassic's website (just in case you want to avoid all the pop ups and the other shit that'll fuck up your computer...)

I just got back....

First of all, I appreciate the compliments...It felt good to be in the ring in some meaningful situations again. I was not the least bit nervous and felt totally comfortable back in the ring. Though I know I look a lot older and not quite as pretty, but my brain still functions when it comes to working a match and I'm not yet as slow as Bronko, so I haven't lost all my capabilities.

My only concern was getting used to those damned ear phones....I see the need and the reasoning behind them, but they take some getting used to. Getting times is one thing but they can be a distraction sometimes, especially when you are getting instructions from the agent and having to deal with working the match at the same time...

Overall, things went well and I got a lot of positive feedback from the wrestlers and agents. I'm not sure how things will pan out, though...I have some things that I need to have agreed on before I could do anything on a permanent basis, but there were a lot of guys indicating that that is what they want to happen...Everyone was great...The refs, the agents, the wrestlers were all very accomodating and cooperative as well as supportive. I got the feeling that if it is up to most of them, a deal would be made.

I guess we'll see. The thing is, the right folks need to want that to happen and there's nothing yet been offered.

That's not unusual. Scott Armstrong came back this week after his initial look-see and was told last night that he was hired to work on ECW...I was really happy for Scott. He had quit his day job to take a stab at this and he needed it to work out. Besides, he's an Armstrong and he should be in the wrestling business, not selling furniture somewhere.

The matches I worked were mostly good...I worked a dark match for Smackdown first (actually the first match of the night) with Bob Holly making his comeback against Simon Dean....It was a typically good, tight and intense Bob Holly match and it went well. I enjoyed it and got to work more in that one than the televised match. Both wrestlers were happy and the agents seemed pleased...Everyone in Gorilla gave me some nice compliments on that one when I got back from the ring...

I worked the Rory/Highlander Vs one of the Spirit Squad match on RAW and Ricky Steamboat was our agent for that one....Ricky gave me a nice spot to do and it all went well....Not happy with the way the kid did the finish as he stooged it off by working the crowd, but other than that, the match was good, I thought and my part went off well and got a nice pop....Ricky liked it and I guess that means something. I was impressed with Rory and found out by talking a bit to him that he's a lot more a traditional wrestler than the gimmick allows. Actually, the kid from the Spirit Squad was pretty solid, too...He just needs some more ring time as a single.

I worked a dark match on ECW last night: Shannon Moore vs. EW Anderson....That one was meant to be one thing, but Shannon made some mistakes in working the crowd and Jerry Brisco and Johnny Laurentis started giving me the word to change everything, including who goes over and which guy was to work heel....All of this is hard to communicate when guys are never stopping long enough to work a hold, but somehow we got through it....Not good, but considering the circumstances, it was passable....The finish probably looked horrible, but these young guys get all out of whack when anyone changes anything...They were looking at me like deers at a head light when I was trying to relay things to them or instruct them on what to do...The agents weren't happy with the wrestlers after that one....

Then I worked the Kurt Angle/Brooklyn Brawler match....Short and sweet and everything went very well, which is what usually happens with two pros....I would have loved to have had more time, but they wanted to get Kurt back over big.

Overall, I enjoyed it all and had a good visit with some guys I hadn't seen in a while, plus met a few new ones. My home boys were doing well....John (JBL) and I had lunch and got to visit some, but he's doing an investment banker job as well as the comentary on Smackdown, so he didn't have a lot of time....Got to talk with Booker a good bit. He was really happy with his new push and he was putting me over with everyone who came by, telling them I was the one who got him started and gave him is first big break (by taking him to Japan)....

If nothing else comes of it, I can say I finally worked RAW and Smackdown, which are two things I never did before...Until I hear futher, if at all, things are on a holding pattern.

More from him about the Shannon Moore match...

Thanks, Kenny....It means a lot to hear things like that from guys like yourself. I appreciate your confidence, but I'm not sure anyone was going to guide them too much as they were not listening to what I was trying to tell them or didn't understand....Either way, it was what we call a cluster&^%*.....You've seen 'em I know.

The match where things got so messed up could have gone much easier had they grabbed a hold for a second like I was trying to tell them to do...When these guys lay out matches and want to go, go, go without ever taking the time to work a little, you can't do much to change their direction because they are going by you so quickly and staying too busy running and flying around, they couldn't possibly understand what you are trying to relay. That's what I hate about choreographing every detail. When something goes wrong or the guys running things see something they feel needs to change, a lot of these younger guys suddenly get lost and everything goes downhill....As you said, the ability to think and act on the fly is so important for young guys to learn.

I know the finish was bad and the count was close....I suspect he may have gotten his shoulder up before the three (though, I honestly didn't see it that way from my angle), but time was out, they weren't getting the message and I was trying to tell Shannon to stay down so we could get out of it without things getting worse...I knew we had to get it over with. I would normally never call a match when the last count was that close, but I was getting an earfull from the back and trying to relay it to guys who weren't getting the message of what we were trying to do. I knew we had to get it over.

Both of those guys have talent and skills enough to have done things better.

Guessing he posted this after hearing from the WWE after he posted that other stuff...

You know, in all honesty, it's probably true that I was a bit too open with the information, but if you're worrying about kayfabe at this stage of the game, you're about 10 years late...and I'm not the one that killed it....believe me.

As far as referee's wearing earpieces...That's no big secret either...it's connected to that little curly thing that runs to their ears that anyone can see if they look close enough.

The truth is, when you work for someone, you should be more discreet and less open...I know that, but then, there's not too many secrects left anyway and it seems the internet is full of insider info that certainly doesn't from this old referee....In fact, it seems like everything that happens inside and outside the dressing rooms and the office gets reported by someone. Frankly, I never liked that when I was in the business and if I were to return to it, I'd probably resume not liking it....But, it is a fact of life in the wrestling world and has been since it was announced to the world that, yes, it's a work....If you want to place blame for that, look elsewhere.

Two things:

1. If Vince doesn't want ugly chicks around, then why the fuck did he hire Melina? She's at least 50x uglier in the face than Francine. She's one of the few celebrity females that lots of people find attractive that I honest to god would not have sex with. And by few, I mean maybe just her and Pamela Anderson.

2. James Beard's a dumb fuck. As soon as I read that post he made, I knew he screwed the pooch as far as getting a WWE job goes. I like how he made this new post, talking about how he didn't really want it anyway to cover for what a dumb mistake he made, because deep down, he knows that making that post might be the dumbest thing he's ever done in his life. Even if he'd left out the part about Shannon Moore, he might have been OK, but posting that on the internet is basically like going and taking a shit in Vince's bag or something. Just completely killed any chance he had of getting a job.

Guest DRH 502

It was like the only good song on that Uncle Cracker CD...besides the "If Heaven Ain't Alot like Detriot song".

X-Factor's theme was one of the worst I've ever heard in wrestling. It's ranks down there with "Ass Man" in terms of sheer awfulness.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

I thought Dave's kayfabe breaking comment on Sylvain/ Vito's match was funny

X-Factor's theme was one of the worst I've ever heard in wrestling. It's ranks down there with "Ass Man" in terms of sheer awfulness.

The ASSMAN theme was really fucking gay, but that was his gimmick.

The X-Factor theme was stupid as fuck for a wrestling theme.

Plus, it's Uncle Fuckin' Cracker siging a theme for X-Pac.

And Justin Credible.

And Prince Albert.