TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Justice League of America

Justice League of America #1 Variant cover

justiceleagueofamerica1.jpg

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, Arsenal, Red Tornado, Black Lighting, and Vixen

Book is out this week

Note: Meltzer says there will be one more member introduced later, most likely Bart Allen.

Good roster, I love Hal and Black Canary being on the team.

However, I CAN'T get behind the lack of Martian Manhunter, the dude is almost vital to the JLA in my eyes.

Superman's face also looks fucked up in that cover, which is wierd because Turner usually draws a good Superman.

Vixen? Really? Why?

Must of neeed a member that represented the JLA-Detriot era. Plus Vibe is still dead so he was not available (yet).

The real problem here is the lack of Martian Manhunter. I mean C'mon the guy has been in every single incarnation of the Justice League, why is he left out?

Now that's a mofuckin' Justice League.

JLW

Justice League of the World....

Or keep all those characters, and split it up in a bunch of different Leagues. JLA, JLI, JLE, and a couple more.

How many GLS are in there between the two covers? 4? Hal, Guy, Kyle, and John Stewart, is that all?

As for the actual "New" JLA:

Superman -given

Batman -given

Wonder Woman -given

Green Lantern -Hal Jordan back in the JLA is cool as hell

Hawkgirl -Worthless without Hawkman

Black Canary -a female Batman, that's no where near his level,not needed

Arsenal -Cool that Speedy is stepping up in Green Arrow's place. Ollie should cooperate with anyone in the league except for Hal and Batman

Red Tornado -I guess so. I loved the dude as a kid for some reason, not needed

Black Lighting -fucking awesome. And dude has unique powers

Vixen -what the fuck? I mean really, why is this chick here?

Other then Wonder Woman, Power Girl should have been in the line up, and some chick with badass powers like Starfire. Those along with Supes, Batman, Hal, and Arsenal are a good solid JLA.

Add Martian Manhunter, Atom and Hawk man and Hawkgirl to later variations of the team.

But Manhunter is a must, no matter what happens.

Galleries of all the DC Pocket Heroes.

I wish Meltzer would have included MM as well, but Meltzer has stated that he had trouble writting for the guy. Personally I would have replaced Hawkgirl with Captain Marvel and Vixen with Mr. Terrific. I know Mr. Terrific is going to be with the JSA but I am a huge fan of his. Also it is surprising that PG is not included, since she has been so noticeble this last year.

I was thinking Captain Marvel, too instead of MM.

But a story arc where the JLA is searching for Martian Manhunter because he's been missing since 52 or whatever, and they could pull a cool story out of that.

VIXEN? HAWKGIRL? RED TORNADO? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Morrison's original lineup was tight. I'd have dug Firestorm, Captain Marvel and Martian Manhunter a lot more.

Vixen... motherfuckers. Over Power Girl? Crack must be real cheap around DC... oh wait.

Guest netslob
Crack must be real cheap around DC... oh wait.

no dude they publish Mad

whereas i know he'll always be tied to the Doom Patrol, especially now that the original team has been revised, i always wanted to see Robotman in the JLA. even if it was just for a little while. i always wanted to see Cliff on a team that was way less weird then what he was used to. i guy can dream, can't he?

The real problem here is the lack of Martian Manhunter. I mean C'mon the guy has been in every single incarnation of the Justice League, why is he left out?

Because right now he's got his own series? (which is only 8 issues, but will probaly be ongoing if it does well...which honestly, I could give a damn about Martian Manhunter on his own.)

I really like roy on the team for some reason. Maybe because i'm a big Titans fan, but whatever. It's great to see him in the "big leagues" so to speak. Although, I think I like him much more as a leader type, like in the Outsiders, and with this, he'll probaly be resorted to second string pretty much, unless his 'story' involves him hooking up with Canary, or someone else big.

With the hair gone, they seriously took off about 20 years from Black Lightning..he looks really young in that picture. And after all of the complaining he did in regards to Anita, it's kind of weird that now he's a part of the JLA. Although he did sort of get fired from his last job..

Vixen, I don't really know to much about, and I don't really care for her.

After reading all of young Justice recently, I like Tornado in the JLA. He should be a good fit, and will probaly take the role of the MM.

Crack must be real cheap around DC... oh wait.

no dude they publish Mad

I had always heard that Cracked was also published by the people of MAD which falls under the DC banner.

Vixen? Really? Why?

Vixen has a fan following: she was the only member of the Detroit JLA who fans didn't hate and was quickly snatched up for a prominent run in the pages of Suicide Squad when DC wiped out the Detroit JLA.

Plus she fucked Batman, which gives her cool points....

Vixen? Really? Why?

Vixen has a fan following: she was the only member of the Detroit JLA who fans didn't hate and was quickly snatched up for a prominent run in the pages of Suicide Squad when DC wiped out the Detroit JLA.

Plus she fucked Batman, which gives her cool points....

Didn't they kill off the rest of Detroit JLA at the end of that run?

This sucks. Seriously...Arsenal, Vixen, and Black Lightening??? Talk about C-list heroes!

In the original version of that cover, John Stewart had Black Lightning's spot, Green Arrow had Arsenal's spot, and Flash had Red Tornado's spot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:JLACV1.JPG

Either that cover was a red herring, or some changes were made at the last minute.

Arsenal: I'm guessing whoever's writing Green Arrow these days has enough clout to veto Ollie's use on the team.

Vixen: Being the most popular member of JLA Detroit is like being the least painful STD. Bad choice.

Red Tornado: He's only on the team so they had destroy him every third issue. I'd don't think I've ever read a comic with Red Tornado in it where he didn't get mutilated somehow.

Black Lightening: Has an adult age daughter in the Outsiders and was part of President Luthor's cabinet. The dude's got to be pretty old, right?

This sucks. Seriously...Arsenal, Vixen, and Black Lightening??? Talk about C-list heroes!

In the original version of that cover, John Stewart had Black Lightning's spot, Green Arrow had Arsenal's spot, and Flash had Red Tornado's spot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:JLACV1.JPG

Either that cover was a red herring, or some changes were made at the last minute.

Arsenal: I'm guessing whoever's writing Green Arrow these days has enough clout to veto Ollie's use on the team.

Vixen: Being the most popular member of JLA Detroit is like being the least painful STD. Bad choice.

Red Tornado: He's only on the team so they had destroy him every third issue. I'd don't think I've ever read a comic with Red Tornado in it where he didn't get mutilated somehow.

Black Lightening: Has an adult age daughter in the Outsiders and was part of President Luthor's cabinet. The dude's got to be pretty old, right?

Why have two Green Lanterns on the same team? That line up is preferable but doesn't make much sense.

If Green Arrow is being veto'd from the team the impending storylines must suck.

Vixen... seriously, that's some shit.

The idea of vetoing Green Arrow is pretty simple: He's mayor of fucking Star City. How the hell would he be able to keep up with the JL and be a proper mayor? Arsenal taking his spot is great, in my opinion: He's great for a moral voice and funny stuff (Since Wally is now gone), and he's pretty comparable to Arrow in most respects. I'm just glad to see him make it out of Infinite Crisis alive (I thought he was a dead man).

Vixen and Black Lightning... I think the JL always needs some lower heroes to be around since, well, Batman, Superman, and GL are often called back to their home jurisdictions. You need some ground-pounders to take care of the little stuff. Vixen is pretty decent all around (She is sort of a bootleg Animal Man), while Black Lightning has a power that's not often seen in DC (Though a bit more common in Marvel).

Hawkgirl, I could care less about. Red Tornado is a classic choice and I agree that he'll probably fill out the MM spot 'til MM joins back up (Where the heck is he, anyways?).

Why no Power Girl? Uh, she's an essential part of the JSA, and I don't see her leaving that place any time soon, ESPECIALLY with the revelations made about her past in Infinite Crisis. Having two Kryptonians is also a little too powerful and unnecessary.

The idea of vetoing Green Arrow is pretty simple: He's mayor of fucking Star City. How the hell would he be able to keep up with the JL and be a proper mayor? Arsenal taking his spot is great, in my opinion: He's great for a moral voice and funny stuff (Since Wally is now gone), and he's pretty comparable to Arrow in most respects. I'm just glad to see him make it out of Infinite Crisis alive (I thought he was a dead man).

Vixen and Black Lightning... I think the JL always needs some lower heroes to be around since, well, Batman, Superman, and GL are often called back to their home jurisdictions. You need some ground-pounders to take care of the little stuff. Vixen is pretty decent all around (She is sort of a bootleg Animal Man), while Black Lightning has a power that's not often seen in DC (Though a bit more common in Marvel).

Hawkgirl, I could care less about. Red Tornado is a classic choice and I agree that he'll probably fill out the MM spot 'til MM joins back up (Where the heck is he, anyways?).

Why no Power Girl? Uh, she's an essential part of the JSA, and I don't see her leaving that place any time soon, ESPECIALLY with the revelations made about her past in Infinite Crisis. Having two Kryptonians is also a little too powerful and unnecessary.

I'd like to think the JLA should be the most powerful team in the DCU. Two Kryptonians on one team being unnecessary? I'd say a new JLA needs all the powerful figures it can get.

Vixen is a bootleg Animal Man... like that's an asset. Why not just have Aquaman again. Even better, why not have Firestorm who can basically do whatever the fuck they want even if it breaks the laws of physics.

Looking at the variant cover you can sort of see where John Stewart was pencilled over into Black Lightning.

Meh. Two Kryptonians is unnecessary. All Power Girl is is a Kryptonian Analog to Wonder Woman. She has more history on the JSA, she's happy there, and frankly she just fits there a helluva lot better than she does on the JLA.

No offense, but a bunch of power figures just isn't that interesting to write. I mean, how many ways can you hinder a bunch of nigh-omnipotent beings? I personally think that adding MM would round out the lineup fine between Humans, Metahumans, and Aliens. I think there's a very good mix here, and this is just the beginning. More people will come along (Hopefully at least one of the Marvel family will make it), but otherwise I'm perfectly happy with this lineup.

Note: Meltzer says there will be one more member introduced later, most likely Bart Allen.

Geez, does this board get news for EVERYTHING from Meltzer?

Looking at the variant cover you can sort of see where John Stewart was pencilled over into Black Lightning.

The same goes for Tornado over Flash...and originally Tornado was just pigeonholed into the back row.

I think he means Brad Meltzer...maybe?

Yeah, Brad Meltzer's writing this.

It's pretty funny checking out the differences between the original cover and the new one.

They're mostly exactly the same except for a few key differences. The one's I've noticed are:

-Flash and Red Tornado have switched spots, but they've also traded poses.

-Same for John Stewart and Black Lightning (BL is in a new costume too)

-Arsenal has replaced Green Arrow's spot (and pose)

-All of the 52 leads have dissapeared from the cover (Ralph, Animal Man, Adam Strange, Question)

-Booster is gone :(

-Fire is in 'fire' form

-Kyle is in Ion form

-Nightwing is missing from the original cover, but is on the new one. Can anyone tell me who the guy he replaced is?

-Black Canary and Zatana's costumes are slightly changed

-A couple dudes from the far back right who I don't know are missing.

-The 'old Aquaman' has been replaced with Guy Gardner (moved from the back row)

So the changes can probably be explained by the fact that the original was a pre 'One Year Later' DC roster. Which is funny because of course Nightwing is missing on the original one because he's rumoured to die in pretty much every DC event.