TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Connzilla

Another Wrestling Promotion On TV

Guest Connzilla

TNT Pro Wrestling has landed a TV slot on MavTV. MavTV is an upstart cable network only available to a small number of cable companies. The network's goal is to expand nationally and cater to a male audience. TNT Pro Wrestling is set to air this November, Wednesdays at 9 PM. TNT's show will be called "The Blasting Zone".

Their first TV Tapings are scheduled for October 14, with Orlando Jordan and John Heidenreich to compete in a match to determine the first TNT Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Champion. They've also claimed a "myth", a "legend", an "icon" will make his TNT debut on this show.

Roster:

Aaron Aguilera (formerly Jesús)

Antonio Thomas (formerly Antonio of The Heart Throbs)

April Hunter

Bobby Houston

Canadian Show-Stopper

Captain Chronic (formerly Rosey)

Chris Cage

Chris Hero

Dragon X

John Heidenreich

Lenny Lane

Lodi

Orlando Jordan

Phil Brown

Romeo Roselli (formerly Romeo of The Heart Throbs)

Short Sleeve Sampson

Supreme Luchadore

Talia Madison

Tank Toland (formerly James Dick of The Dicks)

The Mack Militant (formerly Rodney Mack)

Todd Stone

Being that there shows got from 1,000-2,000 people they do pretty well for a Indy promotion so mybe this might work out for them? Only time will tell

You'd think they could've picked a little better name. People who don't know much about it are either going to assume that it's on the TNT cable network, or confuse it with TNA Wrestling.

No wrestling television show has ever succeeded while using released WWE midcarders as their top talent. Unless these guys have some really, really good booking and general presentation, with that roster I don't see them having much chance of success.

Aaron Aguilera (formerly Jesús)

Antonio Thomas (formerly Antonio of The Heart Throbs)

April Hunter

Bobby Houston

Canadian Show-Stopper

Captain Chronic (formerly Rosey)

Chris Cage

Chris Hero

Dragon X

John Heidenreich

Lenny Lane

Lodi

Orlando Jordan

Phil Brown

Romeo Roselli (formerly Romeo of The Heart Throbs)

Short Sleeve Sampson

Supreme Luchadore

Talia Madison

Tank Toland (formerly James Dick of The Dicks)

The Mack Militant (formerly Rodney Mack)

Todd Stone

uh oh

I really, really, really want to see a 15 minute match between Orlando Jordan and John Heidenreich.

Who said it has to be a lengthy match?

If it's relatively short, it could be passable (at least if Jordan is the underdog babyface here), and they're probably the two most recognizable faces on that roster.

Why not do a full-blown tournament though and let people see all the "top" guys for themselves though?

Orlando Jordan and John Heidenreich to compete in a match to determine the first TNT Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Champion.

Ummm I don't know about you guys, but if they want Heidenreich or Jordan as their first Heavyweight champion, that does not make me want to watch. Not that I can watch because I don't get that channel.

Is there anywhere Chris Hero doesn't work?

I think TNA and WWE are the only places, but otherwise yea, if you'll give him a ring and someone to wrestle, he seems to take anything

Orlando Jordan and John Heidenreich to compete in a match to determine the first TNT Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Champion.

Ummm I don't know about you guys, but if they want Heidenreich or Jordan as their first Heavyweight champion, that does not make me want to watch. Not that I can watch because I don't get that channel.

Same here and IMO the series of Heidenreich/Jordan matches from May 05 (Smackdown and on the ppv) were FUCKING HORRIBLE! To have these two as the flagship stars of the promotion is awful.

California Bay Area

According to PWInsider, the TV taping has been cancelled and apparently the whole deal is off.

They also said that Rob Feinstein was working for the company in a backstage capacity, which translates to "they were fucked from the start".

Guest Connzilla

well that sucks i thought their was going to be another promotion on tv but whatever man you can't win 'em all

California Bay Area

I take that back...APW (Roland Alexander) booked him for their next show.

California Bay Area

according to pwi, looks like they have deals with 3 indie promotions for weekly TV.

California Bay Area

according to pwi, looks like they have deals with 3 indie promotions for weekly TV.

Really? What promotions?

California Bay Area

Really? What promotions?

FLEDGLING CABLE NETWORK MAVERICK TV TO ANNOUNCE DEALS WITH THREE NEW WRESTLING COMPANIES

by Mike Johnson @ 3:11:00 PM on 9/2/2006

In the wake of their agreement with Marvin Ward's TNT Pro Wrestling stalling and never going forward, fledgling cable network Maverick TV (MavTV) are poised to announce shortly that they have completed deals with not one, but three different independent wrestling companies to provide them with weekly series.

According to a source close to the network, MavTV will announce that they have come to agreements with WWE developmental company Deep South Wrestling out of Georgia, Texas' XCW Pro Wrestling, and Nevada's Adrenaline Unleashed promotion.

Adrenaline Unleashed, which has already announced the MavTV agreement on their official website, noting they will begin airing on the network this November, runs the Las Vegas, Nevada area. The company lists a number of West Coast indy names for their roster including the Ballards, Human Tornado, Davey Richards, Aaron Aguilera, The Messiah, Al Katarazz, and Navajo Warrior as regulars on their roster. Their official website can be found at www.adrenaline-unleashed.com.

Texas' XCW Pro Wrestling runs weekly events in Denton, Texas using local names including Redd Dawg (WWE's Rodney Mack), Necro Butcher, Masada, Scott Putski, Chris Marvel, Don Juan, Kit Carson, and Darin Childs, among others. The promotion has been quietly gaining clearances in different Southerwestern markets and pushing their events via Video on Demand PPV channels in additional markets as well in recent months. XCW made an announcement (at least internally) last night at their event in Denton. One source believed they would debut on MavTV on 9/20, although I haven't officially confirmed that. Their official website is www.xcwprowrestling.com.

WWE developmental territory Deep South Wrestling runs regularly in Georgia, including weekly TV tapings in McDonough and monthly events at Six Flags in Georgia. The company is headed by Jody Hamilton. Their official website can be found at www.dswrestling.com.

MavTV made the decision to come to agreements with the companies after negotiations with Marvin Ward's TNT Wrestling ended. Although both sides had publicly announced TNT would debut a weekly series on MavTV, nothing had actually been signed and finalized, so as it turns out, that announcement was premature from both sides. A source close to the situation claimed that TNT eventually pulled out of the discussions. When TNT relaunched their website earlier this week after canceling their debut 9/9 taping in Virginia, all mentions of the TV deal were deleted. Instead of seeking one company to provide programming exclusively, the MavTV decided to seek out multiple entities.

Not all of the promotions will debut at the same time. There are plans for a weekly program block that may also include MMA programming billed as "The Most Violent Night of the Week" by the network.

MaverickTV is currently carried by 45-50 cable providers in different states including Florida, Virginia, Missouri, Texas, Illinois, North Carolina, and South Carolina. To see if your cable provider carries MavTV, click here. Their official website can be found at www.mavtv.com.