TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Stargate SG-1 Canceled!

I actually got this from the whedon.info newsletter, though I've seen it at Gateworld.net:

SCI FI Channel confirms SG-1 cancellation

In response to today’s breaking news, SCI FI Channel has issued a statement confirming that the cable network has not renewed Stargate SG-1 for an eleventh year.

The network also confirmed that it has renewed spin-off Stargate Atlantis for Season Four, as first reported today by GateWorld (story).

Here is the network’s statement:

"SCI FI Channel is proud to be the network that brought Stargate SG-1 to its record-breaking 10th season. Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment. Stargate is a worldwide phenomenon. Having achieved so much over the course of the past 10 years, SCI FI believes that the time is right to make this season their last on the channel. SCI FI is honored to have been part of the Stargate legacy for five years, and we look forward to continuing to explore the Stargate universe with our partners at MGM through a new season of Stargate Atlantis."

SG-1 aired for five years on the premium cable network Showtime, moving to SCI FI for its sixth season in 2002.

Not sure how many here watch either SG-1 or Atlantis, but both shows have been a staple for my friday nights since Season 6 when I got Sci-fi, though I didn't watch it as much last season. The block of SG-1, Atlantis, and BSG was great, though. Also of note, both Stargates will be readching their mid-season in September, where they will take a SIX MONTH BREAK and come back in March. In the mean time, BSG will air all new episodes.

FUCK!

It's that damn curse of the Farscape crowd!

Well that and I expected this for awhile now. It's just not the same without Richard Dean Anderson but if this is related to them needing money to renew ECW then I'll be pissed off.

I think it has more to do with the ratings being down. From the articles I've read, ever since the move the writers and producers have been going season to season expecting to be cancled. This was the first year, as a matter of fact, that they proceeded under the assumption that they would be renenwed and planned accordingly.

I think it has more to do with the ratings being down. From the articles I've read, ever since the move the writers and producers have been going season to season expecting to be cancled. This was the first year, as a matter of fact, that they proceeded under the assumption that they would be renenwed and planned accordingly.

The only thing fun about this is Stargate SG-1 movies, which I am actually looking forward to. And Atlantis is still very strong though these Doctor Weir centered episodes are kinda horrible.

I think they hurt themselves this year by making an enemy that is basically invincible and breaking out the King Arthur is an alien things. It's fun and all but they have been jumping around more than usual lately when they were supposed to be focused on..you know...saving the galaxy.

Will be very interested what takes the place in front of Atlantis.

Now what will it's actors do? Well, besides star in Sci-fi channel movies.

Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment.

Gunsmoke, The Simpsons, Raw, and a few other shows would beg to differ.

Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment.

Gunsmoke, The Simpsons, Raw, and a few other shows would beg to differ.

I think they mean for a Sci-Fi show. After X-Files, it is the longest running Science Fiction show ever, I beleive.

Doctor Who, but Stargate is certainly the longest running US sci-fi show.

I believe the Stargate record is in reference to continuously running sci-fi shows. Doctor Who has had fallow years.

I Guess the Sci Fi geeks are blaming wrestling.

Maybe they'll hack Vince or something.

Maybe Sci Fi will put some of that money into better F/X and acting into their movies. HAHAHA like that will ever happen.

Maybe Sci Fi will put some of that money into better F/X and acting into their movies. HAHAHA like that will ever happen.

The shittiness of Alien Apocalypse + Bruce Campbell = ONe of the funniest movies I've seen in the last year.

I Guess the Sci Fi geeks are blaming wrestling.

Maybe they'll hack Vince or something.

You want really bad CGI and acting? Scarecrow Slayer...holy DAMN was that horrible.

There have been more episodes of SG-1 than of X-Files.

Even more impressive is that 624 episodes of "Star Trek" aired between 1987 and 2005.

The record refers to a continuous run of a single sci-fi show...

Hence my use of the words "more impressive" rather than "record setting."

Yes, SG-1, a show which only stayed on the air as long as it did because it was relatively cheap to produce compared to other sci-fi shows, holds the actual official record for a continous string of episodes, despite not being as popular or highy rated as Star Trek, X-Files, or the Twilight Zone.

Speaking of Stargate:

While neitehr show is set to come back to Sci-Fi until March or April, new episodes are being shown in Canada right now, and the season finale's are coming up mid-febuary. So if you want to see all new episodes of SG-1 or Atlantis, they are available to download on your favorite bit torrent or Bearshare program.