TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Connzilla

ECW's next PPV 'December To Dismember'

Guest Connzilla

WWE announced to it's media affiliates that the ECW pay-per-view in December will be called "December To Dismember".

ECW December To Dismember will be held at the Augusta-Richmond County Civic Center in Augusta, Georgia on December 3rd, 2006.

At least they are keeping the same name they used to use for their big December ECW Arena show. Of course it was usually the follow-up show to November to Remember, which was ECW's Wrestlemania.

Since I live about two hours away, I think I may look into going to this show. I don't even really care what the card will end up being, seeing how the last live wrestling event I went to was a WCW PPV back in Cincy. Tickets are probably gonna be insanely expensive though.

they should charge more than 40 bucks since they have only 2 ppvs a year. people dont even notice until the bill comes

if this was a real separate company with nothing to do with wwe, i'd say from the tv and house shows that it's not enough to do ppv type matches. With the current roster, I cant think of any matches that we haven't seen before.

If they start building more guys up other than the big 3 they still have to build up opponents, so that means bringin in more noncontracted guys like for ONS 1 or just bringing the usual top guys from the other shows (more likely)

As long as they dont do worse than that ppv headlined by Vince vs Gowan, I'll be satisfied

Guest Connzilla

Got this info about Augusta-Richmond County Civic Center from wikipedia

The Augusta-Richmond County Civic Center is a multi-purpose complex in Augusta, Georgia. It is home to the Augusta Lynx of the ECHL and the Augusta Spartans of the WIFL's 2007 incarnation.

The Civic Center Complex features an 8,500 seat arena, a 2,690 seat theater, and a 14,500 square foot exhibit hall that opens into a 23,000 square foot arena floor. The arena is currently scheduled to host the professional wrestling pay-per-view ECW December to Dismember on December 3, 2006.

I'm leaning towards the 8,500 seat arena holding the PPV in this complex which means if it sells out will make it the highest attendance number in ECW history (November To Remember 2000 drew 8,000)

I'm leaning towards the 8,500 seat arena holding the PPV in this complex which means if it sells out will make it the highest attendance number in ECW history (November To Remember 2000 drew 8,000)

Nothing that happens in WWECW should be compared to the real ECW in terms of history.

And that number you gave for November to Remember 2000 cannot be accurate. It was held at the Odeum in Chicago, Illinois, and that mass capacity there had to be around 5,000 or so.

EDIT: I asked Dave Meltzer in an e-mail about N2R 2000's attendance and he said it was approximately 4,600. No idea where you got 8,000 from.

Guest Connzilla

Nothing that happens in WWECW should be compared to the real ECW in terms of history.

And that number you gave for November to Remember 2000 cannot be accurate. It was held at the Odeum in Chicago, Illinois, and that mass capacity there had to be around 5,000 or so.

EDIT: I asked Dave Meltzer in an e-mail about N2R 2000's attendance and he said it was approximately 4,600. No idea where you got 8,000 from.

I got the info from some site which name escapes me right now but the site had the attendance as 8,000 I guess I'm a sucker for beleveing anything I read on the interweb

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
WWE announced to it's media affiliates that the ECW pay-per-view in December will be called "December To Dismember".

ECW December To Dismember will be held at the Augusta-Richmond County Civic Center in Augusta, Georgia on December 3rd, 2006.

Thanks for the old news.

I got the info from some site which name escapes me right now but the site had the attendance as 8,000 I guess I'm a sucker for beleveing anything I read on the interweb

ECW's largest crowd was Heat Wave 2000 in LA.

Guest Kobe24KGold

ECW's largest crowd was Heat Wave 2000 in LA.

I was there and what a hot show it was.

Guest DRH 502

Art you'd better be sure to ride down to Hollywood/Ravenel and slang rocks to the homies so you can get that paper...

WWE hasn't visited Augusta since December 2004, so this is definitely something big to look forward to. The main event then was Randy Orton / Benoit / Edge vs Evolution. Quite an entertaining show. Even got to see Muhammed Hassan and Chris Masters long before anyone cared who they were. I would've never thought when I was at that house show, nearly 2 years ago, that the next time WWE would be here would be for a PPV.

Thanks for the old news.

It's hard to find news in comments at times.

And this does deserve its own thread.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

No it doesn't. It's the name of a PPV over 3 months away. Whoopdedoo.

No it doesn't. It's the name of a PPV over 3 months away. Whoopdedoo.

Stop being so anal about it.

Art you'd better be sure to ride down to Hollywood/Ravenel and slang rocks to the homies so you can get that paper...

Please. My shit's legit.

Besides, I avoid anything outside the I-526 loop when I can.

Hollywood and Ravenel are far from ghetto, more like bumfuck country next to the comparatively vibrant and buzzing city. If anything, meth labs lurk out there.

I've decided that I'm going to this PPV, period. I've got a couple of buds coming with me now.