TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Connzilla

ECW's next PPV 'December To Dismember'

--Regarding reports going around of Test winning the Elimination Chamber, and it being credited to Bryan Alvarez, Alvarez told me he never reported such a thing, but only specaculated that Test might win. Somehow others went with it and changed it to a news story that Test would win. I don't know who is winning (Van Dam would have to be the considered the favorite), but have been told as of right now the plan is not Test.

I think Sabu is the most viable option that opens up many more feud possibilities than RVD.

RVD's feud is with Paul Heyman and not with Big Show per se, so RVD can lose the match in a screwy fashion, not lose heat, and transition into feuding with Heyman and his cronies. I could see RVD getting the belt at WrestleMania to blow off the feud.

I would just fine if Sabu won the title. Espically if it leads up to a Sabu vs RVD feud leading up to Wrestlemania.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Can they even find an hours worth of stuff that could fit the bill?
Week 10 - August/15th/2006: Ladder Match - Sabu .VS. Rob Van Dam.
That match was terrible. That thing belongs on a Worst of ECW show.

I didn't say it was a good match. It was a fun spotfest.

Can they even find an hours worth of stuff that could fit the bill?

Yeah, I think so.

Week 2 - June/20th/2006: Rob Van Dam & Kurt Angle .VS. Edge & Randy Orton.

Week 3 - June/27th/2006: Sabu .VS. Roadkill.

Week 3 - June/27th/2006: Rob Van Dam .VS. Kurt Angle.

Week 4 - July/4th/2006: The Big Show .VS. Rob Van Dam.

Week 5 - July/11th/2006: The Big Show .VS. Ric Flair.

Week 8 - August/1st/2006: Test & Mike Knox .VS. The Sandman & Tommy Dreamer.

Week 8 - August/1st/2006: Punk's ECW Debut Match - CM Punk .VS. Justin Credible.

Week 10 - August/15th/2006: Ladder Match - Sabu .VS. Rob Van Dam.

Week 13 - September/5th/2006: Rob Van Dam & Sabu .VS. Test & Mike Knox.

Week 16 - September/26th/2006: Rob Van Dam .VS. Hardcore Holly.

Week 17 - October/3rd/2006: Test .VS. Rob Van Dam.

Week 18 - October/10th/2006: Rob Van Dam, Sabu, & The Sandman .VS. The Big Show, Test, & Matt Striker.

I think everything Angle related is going down the memory hole for WWE for the forseable future.

I just want to see the Zombie again.

From Meltzer

"Paul Heyman is making an announcement about December to Dismember on tonight's show. It may be that Bobby Lashley will be in the match."

....I don't know what to say about that. I'm not sure if that'll be a good thing...or a bad thing.

I'm curious to know if Lashley is going to turn up as a heel or face. It stands to reason that if Heyman is bringing him in that he might be a heel. He'd desperately need Heyman to talk for him though.

They might put the title on Lashley here as a heel, then have him go against RVD at WM. Which would be odd since those guys faced off in the MITB at WM this year.

No "Kelly's Expose" compilation on the set?

Surely that's something to be thankful for?

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

My apologies. I can't always tell with this board.

I think we'll see Bobby Lashley win the ECW title at this PPV, so meh.

Forget the main event, I'd like to know what in the world they're going to do for the undercard.

I think we'll see Bobby Lashley win the ECW title at this PPV, so meh.

Forget the main event, I'd like to know what in the world they're going to do for the undercard.

*shrugs* TV title tournament?

So it looks as if the spoilers for ECW this week are indicating that Lashley's debut in ECW was made VERY STRONG by taking out Holly and Big Show.......I swear, if this guy comes in and wins the ECW Title, after the past six months make RVD winning the belt the only acceptable payoff, not only are the fans going to shit all over it, but it will probably drive the ratings even lower.

Matt & Jeff to be at December to Dismember press conference

Last week on ECW on Sci Fi, the Hardy Boyz reunited for the first time in nearly five years when they defeated the F.B.I. in tag team action.

The popular duo will be together again this Sunday at Survivor Series as part of Team DX. But that won’t be the final time you will see Matt and Jeff together, as it has been announced that the Hardy Boyz will also be at the December to Dismember press conference this Monday in Augusta, Ga.

At this time, the reasoning behind Matt and Jeff’s participation at the press conference is unknown. Be sure to watch the event live on ECW.com and WWE.com this Monday at noon ET to find out.

From ecw.com

I'm curious to know if Lashley is going to turn up as a heel or face. It stands to reason that if Heyman is bringing him in that he might be a heel. He'd desperately need Heyman to talk for him though.

I can see Heyman turning on Show allowing Lashley to beat him for the ECW Title. It gives Lashley a reason to have Heyman talking for him, which he needs to have happen for anyone to take him seriously, and it turns Show face so he can, when he's up to it, make his big return as a babyface.

I agree. Lashley will have to play Lesnar for Heyman here since he's even worse with promos. Luckily, they have done a decent job at keeping him quiet enough in his tenure.

TBS taking a big bump at D2D or maybe even stretching it out to RR to write him out does wonders for Lashley and would leave the door open for TBS down the line. Either way, Lashley looks good for sending the TBS out the door.

The problem is? RVD/Lashley will be horrible. That's the problem with putting all your eggs in one basket and that basket is a flimsy green roid monkey who doesn't have much going for him other then passable charisma and INTENSITY!!! (Which is damaged since there's going to be an almost identical, but slightly shorter clone that can actually talk on Raw).

I would say moving Punk into the main event as the main face since he can carry the whole thing on promos alone as well as being a much better worker for a guy like Lashley to work with but even I don't think he can really make much out of Lashley. It's getting to the point where they might need to cash in that Benoit reserve card and let him make something out of Lashley.

Who would the Hardy's wrestle? Either the match will be set-up because the Hardy's were called "Team Extreme" a helluva lot on Tuesday and Dreamer and Sandman may have taken issue??

Or will they go in another direction with ECW completely. Maybe ECW will be the only grounds where SD! and Raw competitors can face-off - that would add certain intregue to ECW programming. I assume there will be lingering issues with Nitro and Helms and the Hardy Boys could challenge Helms and Nitro to meet them at the ECW PPV where they could settle things "on a neutral site".

However having Raw and SD! guys booked in the second biggest match would be a slap in the face to the rest of the roster would it not? Maybe Mike Knox will be involved. This is all happening a week after Survivor Series, so something could happen there as well. Who would Knox' tag partner be? Would they use Derrick Neikirk, his partner from Deep South Wrestling as well as his days on the indie scene who is currently Heyman's masked security #3 or would the use somebody from the current roster in a mismashed team - maybe Hardcore Holly? Using Neikirk is very unlikely.

Maybe Knox and one of Helms or Nitro. If it was Nitro and he brought Melina, could we see the complete Team Extreme together one last time with Lita making a cameo appearance??

It's going to be the Dudley Boyz.

Seriously though, I think if it's not Nitro and Helms then it will probably be a team like Knox and Striker.

Whoever they end up wrestling I really hope they book it as a competative match, and not a chance to Showcase the "Return of the Hardy Boyz 2006~!"

I would even go as far as to say they SHOULD JOB if they are facing an ECW team, being this is an ECW PPV which should be used to help the ECW brand, but that isn't likely to happen.

So it looks as if the spoilers for ECW this week are indicating that Lashley's debut in ECW was made VERY STRONG by taking out Holly and Big Show.......I swear, if this guy comes in and wins the ECW Title, after the past six months make RVD winning the belt the only acceptable payoff, not only are the fans going to shit all over it, but it will probably drive the ratings even lower.

You seem so upset about this. I don't really think there are that many ECW fans left who really care one way or another about who holds the title.

I wonder if someone mentions to Vince Monday afternoon on his lunch break trying to book the greatness that is Raw that theres another ppv in 5 days with only one match announced and he panics and just throws all the other rosters in to 'save' the ppv.

2 or 3 months ago I was thinking about purchasing this p.p.v. since ECW has become the only wrestling show I watch nowadays, RAW is just a horrible show with uninteresting characters like Cena and HHH, while SD is on fridays and I got better things to do on a friday night. ECW was good until Show became the champ, RVD got demoted to 3rd babyface, and Lashley (a green wrestler) gets promoted to #1 babyface, I guess WWE doesn't want my money or my support to the WWECW brand.