TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Connzilla

ECW's next PPV 'December To Dismember'

Meltzer said they want to keep Sabu until at least WrestleMania because they want him to induct The Sheik (his uncle) into the Hall of Fame in 2007.

I have a question......since this is such a shitty HOF year why don't they induct Randy Savage? Do they have like some vendetta against him....

Yeah pretty much, the rumor flying around is that Savage is the one that took Steph's virginity.

That was in that DVR sleaze thread.....I don't know if I really believe that though.

Thats why I posted the word "rumor" on it. i don't know how true it is either.

It seems that there will be a rematch on tuesday with Blackberg and Show, Heyman is crying because Vince has officially killed the initials ECW.

Heyman screws Big Show and leeches onto Lashley. Big Show goes away never to be seen again.

DUH

I dont even need to watch Tuesday night.

It seems that there will be a rematch on tuesday with Blackberg and Show, Heyman is crying because Vince has officially killed the initials ECW.

Heyman screws Big Show and leeches onto Lashley. Big Show goes away never to be seen again.

DUH

I dont even need to watch Tuesday night.

Does Lashley side with Heyman, or just get latched on to? It's arguable either way, since Van Dam and Sabu aren't reliable main-eventers, we saw tonight that Punk's not at the level they want him at for a legit title shot, and there aren't any other up-to-snuff heels on the brand.

Also, a very nice 2-minute promo by Heyman invoking the rematch clause. Had it gone one more minute and touched on Heyman apologizing to Big Show (since it was his drive to screw Van Dam and make the odds as low as possible for him to regain the title that put Big Show against those same odds to successfully retain) I would've picked it as a promo of the year candidate, but a solid, solid promo nonetheless.

Wait, this PPV is TONIGHT?? Ha, this is going to have a horrible buy-rate. And they only have 2 matches advertised.

Gooooood job Vince.

If the elimination chamber match is any good, I'll download it. But there is no way I'd order a PPV with only 2 matches advertised. Especially since half of the roster is in one match. They should have kept Punk out of this match and stuck him with someone else. Let them go 30 minutes for a ***+ match.

The problem with that is, ECW has NO ONE else who could carry the EC match for 50+ minutes. Punk was a necessity and since he's the only realistic possibility outside of Lashley, it shows just how poorly built the rest of the roster is right now.

As for giving Punk a 30 minute match, short of bringing someone like Benoit, Regal or Finlay over, they didn't have anything to do with him and a long match with Knox would be a waste of Punk.

I hate knowing that a guy that I've followed closely dating back to 2003 when he was working in front of 70 people in a gym in Indiana could actually win a WWE world title("valueless" as it might be, it's still something) and I don't have any desire to see it happen live.

What was he wrestling in in Indiana?

I cannot believe I have given WWE $80 in the last week for two shows that were, from top to bottom, basically complete wastes of time. Normally I can find a silver lining to a dark cloud on most middle of the road to even mostly bad shows, but SS and this show tonight were both just horribly executed I dont really know where to begin. But ending a show with 40 minutes they still could have used is a start....

Justifying even spending $10 on the ppv tonight, in retrospect, would have been too much. The opener was ok, but not very well put together from top to bottom. The rest of the undercard was boring and thrown together to the MAX. Back in the days of the old ECW ppvs, Heyman would at least give the thrown together mishmost of matches some fun semblance of entertainment. But this was atrocious. Most significant storyline from the undercard is Mike Knox walking out on Kelly - ugh! There is ZERO upward hope for this company now more than ever after tonight, which leads me to the biggest fuckup of a main event on ppv in a long time.

First -- if they knew they were going to have this much time to kill, and they HAD to have known this, why didnt the EC match just go longer? Guys like RVD and Punk would have/could have gotten a nice rub if they werent booked to look so inept in this one. To kill off any official "undefeated" streak for Punk in such a lakadasical manner as it was done just pissed me off. There is and should have been some thought on how to at least protect him in this match, and instead the complete opposite happened. Van Dam's legs have been almost cut completely, which seems to be the intention. Test worked hard for when he was in, but to see him in here looking so dominant over others was just hard to watch, sans with Holly (who did as much of a phoned in shot in this match as you can get, but I dont blame him). Lashley just isnt ready for this either, hell, he's still learning to just pace himself and look fluid in a normal match - the crowd reaction for him said it all. This is going to be Cena like reactions all over again with this run unless he goes heel immediately. As for Show, probably the less he does the better and he was really blown off here by the way he didnt even work the match more than a few minutes, got his ass kicked hard, and jobbed on the way out clean. But I guess if he's going to be gone for a good while, why not, but just wish it was at the expense of producing something worthwhile from that long title reign.

I have never in all my years felt so ripped off from a show than tonight, and SS was definately nothing too inspiring either.

Over the last few pages of this thread it's explained in depth why they got Punk and Rvd out of the match in hurry.....if you paid attention you'd notice Lashley got shit on to some extent when he came in....if he had come into the match with Punk and RVD in hed have been royally shit on by the entire crowd and they wanted to avoid that....

Maybe they can find a way to book Batista worse, so they could have all 3 champions booked as babyfaces but still get a lot of boos. That would be great.

This will get a low buyrate and all the people that did order are pissed so the next ppv will get a low buyrate which is Smackdown and the one after that is the Rumble which always does well for some stupid reason; so the result will be guys like Kevin Dunn will say no one cares about any of the shows except Raw so they should all be more like Raw with their Russo-like storylines. Happy New Year.

This will get a low buyrate and all the people that did order are pissed so the next ppv will get a low buyrate which is Smackdown and the one after that is the Rumble which always does well for some stupid reason; so the result will be guys like Kevin Dunn will say no one cares about any of the shows except Raw so they should all be more like Raw with their Russo-like storylines. Happy New Year.

You missed one........New Years Revolution comes between Armageddon and the Rumble....

Just to ask:

Anyone feel like that if Sabu was legit pulled out of the EC match for "kayfabe" reasons such as "punishment" then it should have been advertised BEFORE THE SHOW went on the air?

I mean I understand shit happens, a worker gets sick, hurt etc...right before the match and it has to be modified, and that is alright, but if the decision to dump Sabu from the match was made before the PPV went on the air, I think it should have been told to the fans, just in case anyone didn't want the show anymore. Would I have still ordered it? Yeah most likely, but who knows what someone else would do!?!

Ya. You would have the whole "Bait and Switch" law on your side......... BUT they always have a *Card subject to change in small letters to cover their ass.

Anyone who paid for the last two shows and is kicking themselves for it now, better think about this: what will you do for the next two shows?

They already "took" $80 of your money as previously mentioned. Where is the indication that they are going to improve anytime soon?

By the way, anyone defending the Lashley decision (Mecca, I'm looking at you) gets nothing but disrespect. Punk isn't ready? PUNK isn't ready? How the fuck is Lashley ready, a guy who seems to have wrestled for HALF the time that Punk has, at one tenth of the level? Promos? You like PROMO'S!? Punk absolutely destroys Lashley's promos. Just totally.

My God, I cannot imagine watching this show, let alone the last two, let alone paying for them.

How much ROH can $80 get you?

Over the last few pages of this thread it's explained in depth why they got Punk and Rvd out of the match in hurry.....if you paid attention you'd notice Lashley got shit on to some extent when he came in....if he had come into the match with Punk and RVD in hed have been royally shit on by the entire crowd and they wanted to avoid that....

If you know in advance that your paying audience will shit on your idea...its probably not a good idea to follow through on it. But then, you wouldnt be able to mark out for Bob Lashley.

You missed one........New Years Revolution comes between Armageddon and the Rumble....

Hopefully everybody else will miss that one, too

How much ROH can $80 get you?

At regular prices, anywhere from 3-5 shows

Catch a $10 dvd sale, they run those semi-often. 7 DVDs plus shipping and that'll take your $80

Anyone who paid for the last two shows and is kicking themselves for it now, better think about this: what will you do for the next two shows?

Well, if it means anything the Smackdown PPVs this year have all been pretty good, although Armageddon traditionally stinks and the card looks the weakest for a SD PPV in a while.

Personally, I think anybody who purchased Survivor Series or D2D after knowing what the cards were got what they deserved.

Well, if it means anything the Smackdown PPVs this year have all been pretty good, although Armageddon traditionally stinks and the card looks the weakest for a SD PPV in a while.

Personally, I think anybody who purchased Survivor Series or D2D after knowing what the cards were got what they deserved.

Survivor Series, atleast the elimination matches and Taker/Kennedy, looked fun on paper.

Survivor Series, atleast the elimination matches and Taker/Kennedy, looked fun on paper.

I was initially interested when the concept of elimination matches came up, but then the teams they chose were horrible with loads of dead weight. DX/RKO should have been better, but the other two didn't look good at all. Taker/Young Guy rarely ends up well. Make it a first blood match, and that's two strikes against it. First Blood in WWE is just an excuse to avoid putting anybody over yet having them 'win' the match.

Survivor Series could and probably should have been better, but sometimes you can just see the trainwreck coming a mile away.

Well, I did actually get Survivor Series since that's actually a major PPV and I was at least intrigued that they were doing the teams format again (and in my view did the eliminations entirely too fast....watch the first 2-3 Series shows and you'll know what I mean).

This PPV? Hell no. The only, and I mean ONLY, reason I was interested in this show originally is because I simply assumed they would put the title back on RVD. Of course I thought this back when it was him vs. Show 1 on 1.

Mecca, I don't think anyone is arguing the mechanics of the booking. If you're putting Lashley over getting the more popular guys (Punk, RVD) out first makes sense. The problem is the original idea of Lashley going over in a bad one.

As an aside, if they put Batista over UT at WM and end the streak, you'll start seeing Batista get dumped on too.

I dunno. The more I thought about it, the more RVD needs to get out of WWE. He's still got a few good years left and he can help TNA any way you wanna look at it. He can go in the world title division and face Joe, Angle, Christian, Rhino, Abyss. All of those are matches I'd enjoy. He could go to the X Division and jumpstart interest in it and face Styles, Daniels, Sabin, Senshi. Or if Sabu ends up in TNA he could team with Sabu and face LAX, AMW, Team 3D, and so on.

In the end it is a WWE show.......the PPV was bad yes but to act like they just slap people in the face on purpose and things like that make me laugh to an extent.

It may make you laugh but I can't help but feel that this show was designed to be a slap in the face to anyone who wanted to see a product at least somewhat true to the original ECW. They are doing what they are doing just to prove the point that they can!

The One Night Stand PPV's and Rise and Fall of ECW DVD were hugely successful. They know that those intials would bring at least a portion of people who purchased those products and haven't been completely turned off by what ECW on Sci-Fi has become. To the point where they probably could care less that there was only two matches announced for the card because they knew they'd pull some diehards in with the initials. And they did everything to give those diehards the middle finger last night.

I'm sorry ECW originals can't carry a company......there's a reason ECW went out of business..not to mention most of those guys are old now and most fans don't buy any of them as credible maineventers Even RVD is borderline and he basically fucked himself......

Nobody expected the ECW originals to carry a company. CM Punk is the most over guy on the roster and isn't an ECW original. He's over because he's different than those that WWE push and would have fit in with the original ECW. People didn't expect a PPV headlined by Tommy Dreamer, Sandman or CW Anderson. Are there complaints about Tommy Dreamer jobbing? Yeah because he gets huge pops and could still be meaningful to the roster and storylines if they'd let him. A 'feud with Tommy Dreamer' would do more to put someone new over than Dreamer jobbing to them in a three or four minute match.

As for the other ECW originals. Obviously they thought that putting Sandman's mug on PPV posters and have him caning Santa in commercials would generated some interest whether he had an actual match or not. They thought enough of Sabu's marketability to ADVERTISE him as a participant in the Elimination Chamber only to screw over whoever purchased the PPV expecting him to be part of the match.

We all knew Sabu had heat with the office. That's fine. Job him first instead of the most over guy in the company at the moment. Don't pull an advertised participant from the match and replace them with Spark Plug Holly!!!!! You mean to tell me Mick Foley or Terry Funk couldn't have gone in there and did what Holly did?! Holly didn't even factor in much to the entire Heyman's Army vs. Lashley thing. It was pointless.

And if RVD isn't seen as a credible main eventer then how come the biggest crowd response in the Chamber, besides the Bullshit and TNA chants, was when RVD and Punk were in there together? That match is the current ECW's version of Joe vs. Angle but they are too shortsighted to see that and will instead give us Lashley vs. Test as the next main event feud.

You do understand when you say "look at them intentionally burrying ECW", why would they bring something back 5 years after the fact just to bury it? If that stuff was really true I'd like to know how Vince became a billionaire because this is the equivalent of beating yourself in the head with a hammer.

I'd like to know how Vince became a billionaire too because that's exactly what they are doing! The PPV's and DVD's made money and they could have gone along with their original idea of using the initials to get their corner of the niche market that ROH or TNA try to appeal to.

They could have produced a show with a grittier production, shot from intimate arenas, with a lot of crowd reaction, more Paul Heyman prints on booking than WWE creative and utilizing some ECW originals and under utilized guys on the Smackdown or Raw roster. They could have still toned down the violence aspect somewhat by just making ECW the 'wrestling brand' with no glitz, no pyro and WWE over production. In other words, they could have created their own alternative to their brands and capitalized on TNA being clueless and ROH having no tv or PPV - even raiding ROH of talent like Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuinness, Davey Richards, etc. But dammit that's not GLOBAL! and Vince, Steph, Kevin Dunn, etc. know more about what fans want than the fans who purchased those ECW PPV's and DVD.

The ratings went from a 2.8 to 1.5 because most fans don't realize it's a WWE product - not because they were expecting something different when they tuned into ECW on Sci-Fi, we need to make it look more like a WWE product, right Kevin and Vince????!!!!!!!! Idiots.

Let me ask you this. Do you think they will be able to successfully market another ECW PPV after this mess? They killed the brand. Billionaire or not - STUPID!

And they had to get RVD and Punk out of the match before Lashley entered, that was why they went so fast. If they were still in when he entered the crowd would have probably shit on him more than they already did. This show was about establishing Lashley as the man that was why Punk and RVD had to be gone when he entered.

Why establish Lashley as the man when fans in the building had no reason to care about him, he's not over, can't cut a promo and others on the roster are more over? Oh, that's right. He's big and has muscles!!!!!

And okay I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and accept their decision to put the strap on Lashley - assuming they eventually use Heyman as his mouthpiece ala Lesnar - there was a better way to do it last night then the way they did. Just as there was a better way to eliminate Punk and RVD and give paying customers... I don't know... 25 or 30 minutes of more PPV? Punk is distracted because Knox is abusing Kelly Kelly on the ramp. Something to build on an existing storyline. If they wanted to establish Lashley - have him go through everyone - from Punk, RVD on down - whether the crowd is cherring him or not. So he eliminated Test and Big Show in a very lacklaster non impressive way. Big deal.

And okay I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and accept their decision to put the strap on Lashley - assuming they eventually use Heyman as his mouthpiece ala Lesnar - there was a better way to do it last night then the way they did. Just as there was a better way to eliminate Punk and RVD and give paying customers... I don't know... 25 or 30 minutes of more PPV? Punk is distracted because Knox is abusing Kelly Kelly on the ramp. Something to build on an existing storyline. If they wanted to establish Lashley - have him go through everyone - from Punk, RVD on down - whether the crowd is cherring him or not. So he eliminated Test and Big Show in a very lacklaster non impressive way. Big deal.

Punk/Knox was blown off a couple weeks ago. If anything, Punk should have been eliminated second (I'd have him pin RVD instead, which would build to something down the line). I would have just had Test take a really cheap pin on Punk to build off last week.

Punk/Knox was blown off a couple weeks ago. If anything, Punk should have been eliminated second (I'd have him pin RVD instead, which would build to something down the line). I would have just had Test take a really cheap pin on Punk to build off last week.

And everything you mention makes more sense from a storyline/build to the future perspective than anything they did. I also would have had Lashley kill Sabu with a monster bump but I guess the bottom line was for management to make sure Sabu didn't get a PPV main event pay. The Kelly Kelly/Knox idea was just something off the top of my head. Someone needs to tell WWE that they blew that feud off a few weeks ago but Kelly Kelly still made a CM Punk reference prior their match on the PPV which caused those in attendance to chant for Punk to make the save rather than Sandman inexplicably coming down for no storyline reason.

We try to make more sense out of this stuff than they do unfortunately.

It's hard to know what the card is when they change it during the show. Also, a PPV ending over 40 minutes early is inexcusable. They should have just trimmed a match or two and sold a 2 hour PPV

Back to that "how much ROH can 80 bucks get you" discussion, how does this sound. I bought two ROH tickets during a ten buck sale. That's $20 dollars. At the show, they were doing a buy three, get one free deal. I bought four NEW shows from this year for 60 bucks. That's $80. For the price of these two shitty WWE ppvs, I got to see an awesome show live (main event was KENTA/Richards against Aries/Strong in a close to ***** match) and four of the best wrestling shows of the year on DVD (including Supercard of Honor and Glory by Honor Night 2).

My point is that a lot of people make the excuse that they don't follow ROH because it's "too much effort" or "expensive" but from looking at that comparison, I'd say it is too expensive and unrewarding to be a paying WWE fan (unless you just watch tv, if that's the case, knock yourself out).

Vince didn't like the respect the ONS PPV's garnered and set out to completely kill the ECW brand once and for all, to make it as meaningless as the letters WCW. He'llnever have the rabid fanbase like ECW, so he wanted to kill off the brand.

I remember reading one time that Vince claimed to people backstage that the only reason the Rise & Fall of ECW DVD did so well is because of all the Raw fans that were curious.

Justcoz, sure Punk/RVD could be a major feud in ECW but the thing is that I'd figure RVD is history sooner than later, so why even bother?

The more and more I see these DVD retrospectives I can't help but think Vince made all his money for 2 key reasons: 1. He had the NYC/northeast territory and thus the most important markets. 2. The other promoters were too small to really challenge the WWF (Jerry Jarrett), or they made historic bad mistakes (Gagne in the AWA, Crockett's NWA). Vince basically ended up being the smartest of the dumb millionaires.