TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Good games bought on blind buys?

Streets of Rage 2 back in the day. Was real young, liked the cover, and pretty much fell in love with an entire genre because of it.

Mario Kart was purchased because it was simply Mario. Had no interest in any racing games at the time.

Your mention of having no interest in racing games til you played MarioCart reminded me of another blind buy.

Road Rash for the Sega Genesis made me like racing games.

I bought Paperboy for the NES without playing it. I liked it.

Actraiser 2 was blind buy but it wasn't as good as the first.

For one of my birthdays, I got few games I never heard of. One of them was Hyperzone for SNES. It's a decent sci fi shooting game.

I remember Azure Dreams. That was actually a fun action adventure game. Wish the sequel actually built off the original.

Oh, and I hafta say that although I know Ys is pretty huge (now that is), I bought Ark of Nepthism without knowing much about the series. Its actually a pretty fun and slightly difficult game. Music's pretty good, but the VAs are simply awesome. ...wish Adel wasn't a mute though.

The original Monster Rancher for the PS. Half the fun was going through my CDs and seeing what monsters I could get. I've owned all of games at one point or another. 4 is my personal favorite and I really hate the direction they took with EVO with the circus troupe.

I picked up La Pucelle for PS2 on an blind buy. I liked it, got Disgaea a while later and from there my NIS fandom began.

Monster Hunter for PS2 . Since I didn't have network play available to me at the time, I didn't really like it. Now that I have Monster Hunter Freedom for PSP with some buddies to play it with, I realize that network play absolutely makes that game.

ActRaiser 1 was a blind buy and it was suprisingly very enjoyable. Suikoden also...1 and 2 are a couple of my favorite RPG's.

Ogre Battle was another one that took a while getting into and figuring out but I loved it.

Road Rash 3D got me hooked on racing too!

Skitchin' was another suprisingly decent game that my buddy and I wasted hours playing together years back.

I just picked up Star Fox Command without doing much reading on it, since Star Fox games have a pretty good track record. It's not what I expected it to be, but it's still pretty fun.

True, it's not bad, and I got it too. But then I had to go put Star Fox back into my SNES, and now I'm thinking "Why the hell can't we have another one of these today?"

It's shockingly still playable despite the dinosaurian frame rate and flat-shaded polys. Plus, since you're on a track, you don't suffer from the disorientation that other early 3D games with weak framerates suffer from.