Accomplishments:
  • ECW Television Championship (1)
  • WCW Cruiserweight Championship (5)
  • WCW Television Champion (1)
  • WWF Intercontinental Championship (8)
  • WWF European Championship (1)
  • WWF Hardcore Championship (2)
  • WWF Tag Team Championship (3)
  • [WWF & WCW] World Heavyweight Champion (3)
  • First Ever Undisputed World Champion
  • Third WWE Grand Slam Champion
Legacy:

Chris Jericho made his wrestling debut in October of 1990, and between 1990 and 2005, he entertained the masses. Many, including myself, beg for his immediate return to WWE. However, I look at it this way. I can't think of a time that Jercho WASN'T on my TV. He's always been involved. He's never suffered a serious injury, and they've all been kayfabed injuries. That right there tells you that he is one of the best ever. He found time to do his on-the-hobbies without leaving the business. He released 3 CD's for his band Fozzy while on the road with WWE, and didn't take off any time to do concerts either whereas Bret Hart took off 8 months do film some episodes of Lonesome Dove. He was involved in the business and achieved every goal he could, and then some in 15 years without one break. He deserves the current break from the ring that he's getting.

Jericho has made history as well. His debut with the WWE was one of, if not the, most spectacular debuts in the history of the business for any company. His feuds with Triple H, Chris Benoit, The Rock, Christian and Stone Cold Steve Austin entertained fans and produced excellent matches. His feud with Triple H also made history as the first time that a title change was made, then “stricken from the record books”. His match with The Rock in which Jericho won the WCW Title (No Mercy 2001) was voted Match of the Year by WWE (then WWF) Magazine and also that year, he became the only man who can ever claim that he was the first ever Undisputed Champion. That's a major feat whether you look at it from an angle perspective or not. In the history of the business, there has been two companies that were looked at as either #1 and #2... WCW and WWF. When those titles were unified, it was the official end of an era and Jericho was the first man to usher in the new one.

He also holds the record for most reigns as Intercontinental Champion. That can be viewed as both a positive and a negative, but whenever he was the champion, you were guaranteed a great match. As well as that, Jericho is one of the only members in the elite grand slam club. That's an amazing accomplishment. And not only that, but he is in what I call the Super Grand Slam club, even holding titles that aren't counted towards the grand slam requirements (ie: Hardcore, Light-Heavyweight [or Cruiserweight]).

In the end, whether or not he comes out of his semi-retired state, Jericho has cemented his own legacy. Between putting on five star matches, compelling angles, creating great new catchphrases and being one of the top 5 workers ever on the mic, he will be forever considered a legend and did it all before the age of 35.

10 Most Notable Matches:
  • WCW Cruiserweight Championship: v. Eddie Guerrero (Fall Brawl 1997)
  • Title v Mask: v. Juventud Guerrera (Superbrawl VIII)
  • WWF Championship: v. Triple H (Raw 4/00)
  • Ladder Match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship: v. Chris Benoit (Royal Rumble 2001)
  • WWF Tag Team Championship: (w/Chris Benoit) v. Triple H & Steve Austin (Raw 5/01)
  • WCW Championship: v. The Rock (No Mercy 2001)
  • Undisputed Championship: v. Steve Austin (Vengeance 2001)
  • v. Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania XIX)
  • v. Goldberg (Bad Blood 2004)
  • v. Christian (WrestleMania XX)
Final Analysis:

Chris Jericho has always been one of my favorite wrestlers and if I was to make a list of my favorites, he'd be in the Top 5. However, on the list of the best of all time, I'd also rank him in the Top 5 and that's without being biased. He is the total package and can do it all. Analyzing Chris Jericho was quite simple, and without being biased, on a scale of 1 to 10, this is my ratings of Jericho (which includes mic skills, in ring skills, character, etc...):

10/10

Jericho is the total package, and one of the best ever. Bar none.

Accomplishments:

ECW Television Championship (1)

WCW Cruiserweight Championship (5)

WCW Television Champion (1)

WWF Intercontinental Championship (8)

WWF European Championship (1)

WWF Hardcore Championship (2)

WWF Tag Team Championship (3)

[WWF & WCW] World Heavyweight Champion (3)

First Ever Undisputed World Champion

Third WWE Grand Slam Champion

3 time WWF/WCW world champ? am I missing something? am i not reading this correctly?

Accomplishments:

ECW Television Championship (1)

WCW Cruiserweight Championship (5)

WCW Television Champion (1)

WWF Intercontinental Championship (8)

WWF European Championship (1)

WWF Hardcore Championship (2)

WWF Tag Team Championship (3)

[WWF & WCW] World Heavyweight Champion (3)

First Ever Undisputed World Champion

Third WWE Grand Slam Champion

3 time WWF/WCW world champ? am I missing something? am i not reading this correctly?

He's a one time WWF champ, and 2 Time WCW champ.

so his "title win" over HHH and beating Rock for the WCW title and then later beating Austin for the WWF title followed by the titles being unified all count individually? alright, i gotcha!

EDIT: okay, I see, he beat Rock for the WCW belt and held it for a month before losing it back to him...forgive me, that musta been during my wrestling blackout period.

Guest Princess Leena

This should be moved to General or Old School.

And EWB blows. Stay there.

Jericho was great, but I don't really miss him. For the last couple years in WWE he just wasn't doing much (not his fault, though). I'd rather have him stay out of WWE so we can remember the high points in his career, and not see him come back just to feud with upper midcarders and be involved in embarassing skits.

I think, his match where he won the ECW TV Title should be notable, since he was definately an underdog and no one saw it coming.....also the 4-way Dance for the TV Title was an Outstanding match, even though Jericho was the first one eliminated, which might contribute to keeping it off the top 10.

Every wrestling event that I have been too, I have always found myself being entertained most by Chris Jericho. I don't know what it is about him, but he's fucking golden. I liked him best in ECW and WCW, and his debut in the WWE(F) was amazing.

Guest C3THIR
This should be moved to General or Old School.

And EWB blows. Stay there.

Thanks for your input.

I think Jericho was more comedic in WCW where he basically said something different every week, made up new stuff. In WWE they tend to want to control your promos more, where if you get a catchphrase that is hot, they want you to come out every week at repeat it. A lot of what he did in WCW was more offbeat and off the cuff. He still did some good stuff in WWE, but I prefer his WCW material.

I miss Jericho. Moreso than someone like The Rock, who at least we all know is in Hollywood making movies. There's a big gaping hole in the Raw upper card where Jericho should be.

I liked Jericho for the most part when he was in WCW, but he was never anything special in the WWE. He had perhaps the worst moveset in the WWE, with his neutered Walls of Jericho, the Lionsault he could never hit, the lousy Stroke ripoff (the Breakdown or whatever he called it), his wimpy bulldog, and a couple others spots he always busted out. The only move I liked was his springboard dropkick. He probably could have done a lot more, but I could never get into Chris Jericho in the WWE. However, he did cut good to great promos, and he was entertaining as a face and a heel. Still, I don't think he's a big loss to the WWE.

Guest DRH 502

Dude you listed Jericho's top 10 best matches, and left off his match with Lance Storm vs. WELL FUCKING DUNN. It a match i'm sure not many have saw but if you can get the SMW show with it, its in some obscure Kentucky town and the tape has no commentary. Its about as great a Southern Tag as you are gonna get out of anybody, and its shocking to see two Canadian wrestlers get the formula down so well...

Chris Jericho is my all time favorite alongside Eddie Guerrero.

However, I do think that you should have included his Last Man Standing Match with HHH. That was an amazing match despite the fact that he lost.

The only injury I can think of with Jericho was late in his WCW run. I think it was a leg injury of some sort, but who knows. He may well have been playing with WCW so as to not be on TV where they could bury him on his way out in 1999.

Jericho isn't a 10/10 for sure. He has charisma growing out of his ass yes, but he's overrated in the ring, especially during his WWE days. It seemed like one month he couldn't be arsed and didn't give it his all and then the next week he wrestled his ass off. He had times that he was sloppy in the ring, wasn't that good in the ring but his charisma made it look like he was gold. He was never a draw either. I know that doesn't mean he can't be a 10/10, because it's based on wrestling skills but then again...why name his titles? I mean if we base this off wrestling skills, Lance Storm is a 10/10 too and Storm had charisma too. Jericho is just overrated in the ring whether you like it or not.

Guest wildpegasus
Jericho isn't a 10/10 for sure. He has charisma growing out of his ass yes, but he's overrated in the ring, especially during his WWE days. It seemed like one month he couldn't be arsed and didn't give it his all and then the next week he wrestled his ass off. He had times that he was sloppy in the ring, wasn't that good in the ring but his charisma made it look like he was gold. He was never a draw either. I know that doesn't mean he can't be a 10/10, because it's based on wrestling skills but then again...why name his titles? I mean if we base this off wrestling skills, Lance Storm is a 10/10 too and Storm had charisma too. Jericho is just overrated in the ring whether you like it or not.

I can't agree with that.

Jericho had too, too many preformances that go against the underrated thing.

Preformances that Jericho shined in:

vs Benoit -- several bouts including the best ladder match of all time. Very strong matches at Baclash and Summerslam as well.

The master of battle Royal endings

vs HHH Last Man Standing among other strong HHH bouts (before HHH turned face primarily; after that the matches took a downswing)

vs Rock -- Arguable best match in WWF history among other strong preformances. Their first notable match in 2001 worked really well for a live audience and told a great story

vs Jeff Hardy

vs Nash, Steiner, Hogan and other physically limited wrestlers at the time. I forget everyone who Jericho was facing here but at the time he was going up against physically limited opponents and getting good matches working the whole match just by himself. If they wanted someone to have a good match at that time they put them up against Jericho.

vs Kane from Raw Late 2002 -- ONe of Kane's top 4 matches and Jericho just shining trying to tell the Smackdown 6 and friends that he can do it too. This is one of my favourite moments in wrestling history.

vs Michaels at Wrestlemania

vs RVD various

Jericho I believe had some strong tag team preformances in 2002 not to mention is his teaming with Benoit in 2001.

Jericho may not have been as consistant as say someone like Benoit but he does have a ton of very strong preformances on his resume that can silence any critic.

I enjoyed Jericho's first WWF match with Rock in October '99. Perhaps it wouldn't hold up today, but I was a huge Y2J fan at the time and I was very voiciferously supporting him in that match. And that's drama! When you can actually get behind someone and want a certain outcome for the match, that's when wrestling is a success.

P.S. Thread starter, are you the guy on Youtube on whom Kent Jones dropped the n-bomb?