TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

The Real World - Key West

Well for those that watched the Reunion Show, it was pretty hilarious, and it seemed like there was a concentrated effort to make Tyler look like an asshole, however he did this interview with Metro NY, and talked about how there was clever editing to get to the finished product...we all know this takes place during the actual season, but it was hilarious how much they jerked around with the Reunion show itself.....

http://ny.metro.us/metro/entertainment/art...llain/4093.html

Yesterday afternoon, we got a call from Tyler Duckworth, the gay kid on “The Real World: Key West,” who was shocked and appalled to find out that the producers at MTV had cobbled together an unflattering montage for the “Real World” reunion, which aired last night.

Although he was suffering from food poisoning from the stuffed lobster linguine at the Ivy (“Now I know why Nicole Richie is so skinny — she just pukes it out”), he took time to fill us in on the massacre.

These days, he’s working on comedy sportscasting, stand-up and a nonprofit Web site for openly gay athletes. “So I’m keeping busy between being vilified in the media,” he says. “Someone has to stand up for the lonely homos.”

OK, give me the set-up, about the reunion.

It’s been seven months. Right beforehand, we get all liquored up. It’s all friendly. Then when we get onstage, they play this montage with every bad thing I’ve ever said. Everyone is seething. It’s like they’re playing the “Lord of the Rings” trailer — with me in the role of Sauron.

Let me guess: Then everyone said how much they love you.

Svetlana deserves an Oscar. She starts out by saying, “I just wanted you to know how verbally abusive you’ve been.” Has she been doing crack with Whitney lately? Then we cut to a commercial break, and Svetlana, dry-eyed, snaps, “Can I get a Diet Coke, please?” They came after me with pitchforks and torches! And I’m thinking: Where is this pent-up angst coming from? Is this a Nirvana video?

Were you the sole target of the producer’s ire?

Paula, as you may know from the tabloids, was arrested when she bit her boyfriend. When she was asked about him, she said, “We’re growing together.” And I said, “Do domestic abuse charges count as growing? Can we talk about ending the cycle of abuse?” No one in the cast stood by me. But backstage, a few said to me, “Oh my God, I’m so glad you said that.” Where were they onstage?

Were there sneaky tricks in the editing room?

Svetlana, for example, said gay people are child molesters — and they just showed my reaction. That’s like me saying, “Women are bitches! You should stay in the kitchen,” then just showing the footage of you reacting. I can’t defend myself against misleading evidence. And I said I was sorry for these things six months ago. It’s not like I performed an abortion on you! Get over it! Good luck with getting arrested! Good luck with that cocaine habit! I’m not naming names — the media will catch up soon enough.

---------

And Tyler is 100% correct when it comes to Paula, the bitch is crazy-messed up, maybe not as much as before the show, but the fact that she is still with the same abusive boyfriend,and now she gets arrested for domestic violence, it shows the cycle of violence that she can't get out of, and when Tyler tried suggesting it, Paula, like the typical ingrate, didn't want to listen to any suggestion that would come to the conclusion that maybe the relationship she is in is unhealthy and bordering dangerous.

Guest NYankees

I want to know who was doing the coke. Svetlana looked amazing on the reunion show.

I want to know who was doing the coke. Svetlana looked amazing on the reunion show.

I am guessing either Paula, which would make sense considering her troubled life, or Svetlana because it would go with her being a Young,Wealthy,Spoiled Brat.

Guest DRH 502

WHAT?? ITS OVER?? Dude, i've been tied up with work (I haven't watched in a month) but I didn't expect it to already be over. I didn't care for this season too much, but I would have loved to seen at least Fitz one more time. Did anything important happen towards the end of the season? I can't remember the last episode I watched...but i'm thinking it was the one where they finally got another car after the Hurricane fucked everything up (again)...

Yesterday afternoon, we got a call from Tyler Duckworth, the gay kid on “The Real World: Key West,” who was shocked and appalled to find out that the producers at MTV had cobbled together an unflattering montage for the “Real World” reunion, which aired last night.

Yeah, because it's so shocking that reality shows edit footage to make someone look bad. What did the kid expect when he signed up to be on the show, that MTV would make sure he looked his very best at the end? Yeah, that'd be exciting to watch.

The last episode I saw was the one with the trip to Spain, so I don't know how the season ended.

That Tyler bitch has nothing to complain about, if what I saw about him on the show (even if edited) is any indication.

Paula was so fucked up I'm not surprised she's had troubles with the law.

As far as Fitz goes, I really just watched to see if she'd do any crazy sexual stuff or something like that. I'd bang her like there was no tomorrow. Those breasts, my God.

The last episode I saw was the one with the trip to Spain, so I don't know how the season ended.

That Tyler bitch has nothing to complain about, if what I saw about him on the show (even if edited) is any indication.

As far as Fitz goes, I really just watched to see if she'd do any crazy sexual stuff or something like that. I'd bang her like there was no tomorrow. Those breasts, my God.

Have you seen Fitz's myspace page? She talks about how she likes to show off her tits to people.......and play with them. :)

Guest NYankees

Have you seen Fitz's myspace page? She talks about how she likes to show off her tits to people.......and play with them. :)

What is slutlana's link?

I watched this season because the OnDemand preview said they were in Key West during the Katrina hurricane season, so I figured that'd make for some interesting TV. Shit was I ever wrong...