TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KCC

Kurt Angle released!

holy fuck. Didn't honestly expect it to happen.

But I am sure glad it did... however - doesn't this also mean that they can't stop him from wrestling and still destroying himself? It almost seems like a double-edged sword to me.

Wow, I saw his last match televised match in WWE/ECW live. At least it sounds like they parted ways instead of him being forced out

I saw him wrestle (though very briefly) a match at house show the night before he was taken out of the triple threat ladder match for being hurt. Im wondering if that was his last match..

The only thing thats a relief for me was this line..

"WWE looks forward to establishing a new relationship with Kurt in the near future."

So I don't think hes TRULY gone. He'll probably be back sometime next year when hes truly healed and all his issues are delt with.

but damn, I'am gonna miss him

I hope he realizes how good this is for him. However, you have to worry that the fact that he can't do what he loves most, and is losing his wife AGAIN, this time while she's bearing his first son, is going to mentally break him down.

I really hope he gets back on track. Wow, this is incredible, I never thought they would actually release him.

Re the TNA thoughts.

There's no chance of him going there, but even if he did he would only be working three times a month at most which is hell a lot better for his body than the WWE schedule.

Anyway, hopefully this will give him a chance to sort himself out and not fucking die in 18 months time.

Kurt Angle has to want to get better. Getting his release might wake Angle up, but with his mindset, Angle is just as likely to find somewhere else he can wrestle as he is to get better. This release by no means guarantee Angle sorting himself out.

Things have really got to be bad with him now, then. He must really be just off the rails if they would go ahead and just release him. Maybe drugs are the underlying issue and it could be something like him not wanting to go to rehab, but I got to figure it's more than that. Mentally, he just seems to be falling apart.

I kind of doubt that he'd go wrestle elsewhere, but with him, who knows - it keeps being said that he's been trying to throw himself more into his work in order to compensate for his family imploding. So it's a question as to whether he finally takes a hint and just takes several months off, to heal both his body and mind, and maybe kick whatever drug habit he has if he has one.

If he doesn't want to do that, I can see him going to another company, but generally I feel that he'd be one of the guys loyal to the WWE no matter what......let me just say that as much as I like TNA and as much as I think a HEALTHY Angle could kick ass there, I hope to god they don't hire him if he comes knocking on their door. At this point, he's got to just be a ticking time bomb if he doesn't slow the fuck down.

I hope he can get his shit together. Cause this is really just getting morbid. I just have that really sick feeling that we're going to wake up one morning pretty soon to find out he isn't with us anymore.

Yeah, blah blah blah, I didn't expect to see this news, etc...

I think they asked him to totally get help, both in some sort of rehab as well as mental help. From there I see him going crazy losing his temper and flat out refusing, claiming that he was ok and that he just wants on TV once again to prove to them that he's up to the work in the ring. Once he refused, they fired him on the spot.

From here, it wouldn't shock me at all to see him go straight to TNA (whenever he's able legally I mean), just because he wants to wrestle right NOW, instead of going into any sort of rehab. He wants to continue building his "legend", and I think he'd be willing to go to TNA to continue doing just that. He might look at it like he wont be working as much, as others have stated here, and that would just be another push for him to do so. Above all else, his going to TNA would only be to prove WWE wrong, and to finally end up going back down the line after he has proven himself.

The guy has been building to this for a few years now, and I'm sure that it all just finally reached a boiling point and before he ends up killing himself, WWE wanted to give him an ultimatum of either getting help, multiple kinds of help, or else they would cut ties.

Kurt will look at this as a chance to go to TNA to finally prove to WWE that he is fine, that he can still work like he always has in the past, and TNA wont question anything since he's a huge name and they'll just welcome him with open arms, while they bite their tongue and decide to believe him when he says that he's ok and nothing is wrong with him.

kurt angle dying would be 10x worse for the wwe than any other death. it would show how a horrible business killed an olympic gold medal wrestler. a legit amateur wrestler with all of the talent in the wolrd crossing over to the professional ranks only to be sucked in & spit out dead. its true. thats gotta weigh on vince more than anything.

Guest Princess Leena

As a big Angle fan, I'm glad to see this. I just hope he does straighten out his life as a way of dealing with this...

kurt angle dying would be 10x worse for the wwe than any other death. it would show how a horrible business killed an olympic gold medal wrestler. a legit amateur wrestler with all of the talent in the wolrd crossing over to the professional ranks only to be sucked in & spit out dead. its true. thats gotta weigh on vince more than anything.

Agreed. Angle dying in WWE under these circumstances would get Vince McMahon dragged before a congressional committee if not a grand jury.

Very, very true.

I'm sort of surprised that Pillman's death didn't get more attention at the time. He DID play for the Bengals.

Isn't this sorta what happened to Eddie? He had all kinds of problems, and it let to him being fired?

Eddie got released because he got arrested for DUI almost immediately after being put back on the road after his stint in rehab.

This is the best thing for Both Kurt Angle and the WWE business wise. It gives Kurt a chance to straighten the hell up, because his life has been in shambles for quite a while. The guy's been addicted to drugs for a long time. He needs to clean himself up, give himself time to let his body heal and then maybe one day he can come back.

I know a lot of you are trying to look on the bright side, and hopefully it's true that this will be the kick in the pants that Kurt Angle requires, but I honest to God don't see this helping him at all. I'm not saying WWE didn't do the right thing, I'm just saying I don't think it'll get through to him, not right now.

Sadly, I think that he has a ways to go, and will get much deeper into things, before we really see him where he eventually needs to be in order to save his career, and his life.

Very, very true.

I'm sort of surprised that Pillman's death didn't get more attention at the time. He DID play for the Bengals.

He wasn't a pro bowl player or a celebrate athlete on the par with Kurt Angle.

Kurt Angle is an olympic gold medalist, it's much more important then warming up the bench in the NFL for year. Hell most people don't know Bradshaw played for the Raiders.

Wow. How bad the situation must have been so that WWE says "no more" to Angle. That's the guy who always pushed himself beyond his limits and WWE kept him anyway on the roster, although they didn't always approved. Makes you wonder if he's really a ticking time bomb, like the rumors said. Maybe the company didn't want to have another death on their hands, one which would be way more destructive for them than any other they had in the past.

That being said, it's good that he will finally get some time off. Nobody can live this kind of lifestyle without having a break. He will come back someday to WWE when he gets eveything back on tracks. Doing TNA will do nothing for him. Even if he works only a few dates per month, he won't stay there for a long period, so it would be stupid for TNA to sign a guy which WWE obviously wants back as soon as he gets better.

Well I wish him good luck in getting healthy again. If it means never wrestling again, then that is the price he pays...it was a nice run.