TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KCC

Kurt Angle released!

Guest Oblivious Heel

I guess I should also feel bad about listening to rock/metal music and watching movie's despite the fact musicians and actors have been known to become alcoholics and drug addicts "due to the business" they're in.

No, but it's your fault that you support a business that rewards people who put themselves in the position that Angle did. Or the position that Eddy Guerrero was in. Or the position Owen Hart put himself in. A business that rewards those who choose to take steroids and pop pain pills with alcohol, while the fan base covers their ears and closes their eyes.

Should I not watch football either?

I am also glad to hear this news. It's been troubling reading about Angle for a while now and he seriously needs to retire. At this point Angle being in the ring is not only a danger to himself but also to his opponent. Given some of those ECW house show lineups I kept expecting to see "Angle seriously injured" or "Angle damn near cripples RVD or Sabu."

Here's hoping he gets straightened out, but doesn't get back in the ring. What does he have left to prove?

Are we seriously having a “WWE is to fault/The fans are at fault for supporting” debate? Look, I explained it earlier but I’ll have to go through it again. Kurt Angle’s ambition and apparent selfishness isn’t a WWE induced condition. It’s been internal for Kurt throughout his lifetime to be wired the way he is. He was this way in high school, college, amateur, and of course, his professional career. Yes, WWE certainly assisted in motivating Angle to continue his destructive path but it’s not as if Kurt was forced into this lifestyle of addiction. How exactly are the fans to blame here, really? Kurt has always been competitively hyperactive, it’s his own mentality to prove something that is driving him into this early grave. Not the wrestling fans that he performs in front of. Kurt Angle doesn’t drive himself to this point for the fans, he does it as a challenge to himself and himself only.

If WWE never existed for him, Kurt would have found another avenue and gone beyond his limits there as well. Be it MMA or whatever. It’s hardly constructive to start up a ludicrous debate about our (the fans), collective involvement.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

He won't be able to go to TNA until the end of November anyways.

How are we supporting what Owen did? It was an accident, albeit one that could have been easily prevented. It was not uncommon for a wrestler to come down from the rafters at that time (HBK had done it in the past (sort of) and Sting was doing it fairly regularly) so for him to be asked to "fly down" as the Blazer was probably seen by Owen as something fun that the fans would enjoy. It's been said that if he would not have wanted to do it he could have said so and it would have been scrapped.

Eddy's death, and probably eventually Angle's, had nothing to do with the fan base. Eddy's had to do with his past and just time catching up to him. Angle, on the other hand, has such a competitive drive to him that he does not want to fail or give up or surrender, and thusly puts his body through hell while downing pain pills and whatever else. No matter what you think of Angle as an in-ring performer, he brought this mostly upon himself. I doubt him taking any time off in the past few years would have resulted in him "losing his spot" because he was too good as a wrestler for Vince to push him down the card for any long length of time.

Sadly, while the business played it's part, it's the willpower of the individual that can lead to someone either pushing themselves to their own breaking point or to someone knowing when it's time to hang it up either for good for a long enough period of time that they can ease themselves away from that breaking point. Eddy had eased himself back, as far as we knew, but the damage was so far done that it was only a matter of time before the tragic happened. It's looking that Angle is in that same boat. He might "get better" for the time being...but I don't seem him being alive in ten years without doing some radical life changes.

This brings up a question, how long is Kurt Angle's No-Compete Clause? Is it 90 days, like most of the rosters' or is it much longer considering he was a Main Eventer?

Guest Overworked

There is no fault in this. This keeps the door open for Angle to return at any point with the WWE when his personal issues are finally cleared up and he can get some peace for himself.

I can't say this was unexpected. I just don't think Kurt's mentallity will allow him to stop. Is Lesnar still in Japan? What if Kurt Angle goes there? I don't know how those promotions work. I know he shouldn't wrestle again.

Alot of you are saying he should come back and wrestle. The man has a messed up neck. The neck has been an achillies heel of sorts for him. Necks don't heal. Austin started to deteriate (sp?) after he broke his neck and it started to affect him 2002 and caused him to retire.

Kurt was a heck of a wrestler and he had great matches with most of the guys he was with. The WWE did their best to keep him off the road so he could heal.

I hope he has enough money to retire on so he doesn't have to wrestle again.

This brings up a question, how long is Kurt Angle's No-Compete Clause? Is it 90 days, like most of the rosters' or is it much longer considering he was a Main Eventer?

Not a double post....

I believe if the company releases you, you can wrestle anywhere as soon as you get your release.

If you quit like Lesnar, then there is a limit.

Although it seems like WWE did the only thing they could do, I have a really bad feeling about this. You can put me in the "Kurt hasn't learned his lesson yet" camp.

I can't say this was unexpected. I just don't think Kurt's mentallity will allow him to stop. Is Lesnar still in Japan? What if Kurt Angle goes there? I don't know how those promotions work. I know he shouldn't wrestle again.

Alot of you are saying he should come back and wrestle. The man has a messed up neck. The neck has been an achillies heel of sorts for him. Necks don't heal. Austin started to deteriate (sp?) after he broke his neck and it started to affect him 2002 and caused him to retire.

Kurt was a heck of a wrestler and he had great matches with most of the guys he was with. The WWE did their best to keep him off the road so he could heal.

I hope he has enough money to retire on so he doesn't have to wrestle again.

Lesnar's on the outs after the move he pulled with the IWGP Title and is looking to get into K-1.

In any case, I seriously doubt TNA is an option. There's Angle's loyalty to WWE and his competitive drive that won't allow him to wrestle for a second-tier production like TNA, not to mention 'No TNA' is probably one of the caveats for a quick return if and when he straightens his problems out, like it was with Noble.

It's all a work to make his DVD that much more interesting when they finally do release it. This is just the big emotional twist for the last half of the main feature. :P

If you look at Angle's past, especially if you read his book and see how he trained for the Olympics(I found it in my library network) this guy won't let anything get in his way he gave up on his outside life to train, and of course as he oh so famously said, he won his gold medal with a "broken frickin' neck." I could see TNA signing him, but I really, really hope he stays home or goes to rehab and gets himself fixed up. There is nothing he can do in WWE that is so significant that it's even remotely worth his health. Despite the oddness of the Anklelock in his moveset, he is certainly one of the best wrestlers to come down the pike in recent WWE history. I'd like to see him come back, but as they say in MMA, the health of the fighters is the most important thing, and well...he went from

09.jpg

to

81.jpg

he's more muscular....but in a way he looks like he's wasting away

Right, mine were too. I'm not just sayin' the dude is a sad story waiting to happen because it's my opinion.

One of my brothers died from an Over Dose of pills, and like I said, I've had my problems with them. I died and came back to life 4 times one night. I don't want to see Kurt Angle black out in the middle of a black out, like I had, and cripple himself or whoever he's wrestling.

What if he passed out on the top rope? He'd be fucked.

I blacked out and fell through a Fucking FISH TANK. Fucking FISH TANK, and severed the main artety in my left forearm. From a Fucking FISH TANK... In my buddy's living room.

This dude is trying to be a Pro Fuckin' Wrestler for the WWE, who has thier wrestlers work more matches a year then any other company in existence.

3 or 4 ECW Wrestling matches a week, one a Main Event Triple threat Ladder Match, a PPV match with Van Dam, then all the House shows and the weekly taping schedule they have right now.

The dude would die.

In the ring.

"Kurt Angle, 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist, Kurt Angle, 2006 Wrestling Tragedy"

Wouldn't make for good headlines. The entire Industry would be under investigation.

There's also about a 7 year difference in AGE in those photos, too. I agree that he physically looks considerably different, but I think part of it is that he was probably 30 or 31 in the first pic and is 37 or 38 in the second.

Hell, forget about using pictures that far apart. You can take pictures of Kurt Angle that are about 3-6 months apart and see just as big of a difference. I posed pictures like that months ago, earlier this year, and it was just amazing.

There's also about a 7 year difference in AGE in those photos, too. I agree that he physically looks considerably different, but I think part of it is that he was probably 30 or 31 in the first pic and is 37 or 38 in the second.

But look at his torso and arms. He's showing more muscle and looks wider, but I wouldn't call it a healthy muscular look, and his arms' veins are showing and they look smaller. I seem to recall issues with him and the feeling in his arms.

Compare that to say, Chris Benoit

49.jpg

Benoit is consistantly thick throughout, Angle's torso doesn't look good beyond the muscles, you can also see it in the first picture. I'm admittedly no doctor, so that may not be important, just something I noticed. He's seemed unhealthy looking to me ever since he switched from the colorful tights and boots to the black tights and shoes.

Look here, this was probably around Wrestlemania 21, he looks so much better here

77.jpg

To the people who are saying he'll sign with TNA: lol. The report says the WWE will sign him back the moment he has his life back on track. Angle is way too loyal to the WWE, couple that with the fact that TNA doesn't have enough money to sign Angle (even with Spike TV's help) and you'll never see Angle in a TNA ring. He asked for a release or he got released for his own well being, one of the two, so he'll sign with the WWE immediately when he's ready again.

Its sad to see Angle go because he's such a great wrestler but like everybody else is saying, it's sometimes just creepy to watch him bump and stuff like that because you know the man has loads of injuries but he just won't stop.

Guest netslob
Its sad to see Angle go because he's such a great wrestler but like everybody else is saying, it's sometimes just creepy to watch him bump and stuff like that because you know the man has loads of injuries but he just won't stop.

i know i wince everytime i see him take a bump. hell, i gasped out loud when he hit the ringpost in that match with Sabu.

Get well soon Angle. Thats all i can say

It only adds to the already established idea that TNA can't make its own stars and has to steal them from WWE.

AWM, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt, Alex Shelley, Petey Williams all say hello.

i know i wince everytime i see him take a bump. hell, i gasped out loud when he hit the ringpost in that match with Sabu.

Me too. I do the same thing anytime Flair takes a fucked up bump.