TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KCC

Kurt Angle released!

A good idea for Kurt Angle - Sign on at a college to coach the wrestling team.

I don't think Angle is mentally right at the moment to be an permanant impressionable figure for young students. If he was a consultant, that's differently but I think that coaching puts him to close to the action that it'd send his urges into overdrive.

He shouldn't be struggling to make ends meet (unless he blew his money on his pills, which is probable). What Kurt does need is something to keep him busy and away from anything with a competitive drive.

I think motivational speaking is probably right up Kurt's alley as he could easily tour and talk to high school athletes.

Back when he was giving speeches before getting into pro wrestling... he always said how he wanted to be an actor, in fact, I heard that one of his speeches just ended up being a couple of improv skits... maybe he could try that out for a while.

When was the last time that a major top guy went downhill this quickly? I'm not talking about just his injuries, just all of this other stuff. Once upon a time, a time not too damn long ago, he seemed like a perfectly put together guy and no one really had a single bad thing to say about him other than maybe he pushed himself very hard, and that's not even always a bad thing, although in Kurt Angle's case, here lately, it sure is.

When was the last time that a major top guy went downhill this quickly? I'm not talking about just his injuries, just all of this other stuff. Once upon a time, a time not too damn long ago, he seemed like a perfectly put together guy and no one really had a single bad thing to say about him other than maybe he pushed himself very hard, and that's not even always a bad thing, although in Kurt Angle's case, here lately, it sure is.

I was thinking the same thing. Reading the stuff that came from the Observer I was thinking...is this the same guy who everyone loved for never getting involved with politics and never complaining and still being one of the best and most over guys in the business.

It seems like Kurt Angle is one of the most dedicated guys to the industry. Even moreso than Bret Hart.

which included telling an agent that when he accidentally dropped RVD on his head during a match, it was actually RVD's fault

:lol:

Reading this leads more to the notion that Angle and RVD are two guys who flat out do not like each other legit. It seems like every time these guys face each other one on one something bizarre happens. RVD busts Angle open hardway, breaks his nose (those were matches from the Invasion), Angle drops Rob on his head, Angle tears his groin up, etc.

The ultimate irony is that I remember Angle and even Kurt's wife badmouthing RVD for being a reckless performer, then now Angle puts Van Dam and himself in jeopardy in the ring by being a reckless, sloppy performer.

Guest NateW
" We have a story on what is being negotiated next for Kurt Angle that will definitely cause a lot of talk."

Hype for one of two Observers coming out next week.

Ofcourse, people will typically think TNA. It could be, yet I have a funny feeling that he may be talking about an MMA group.

There were some rumblings that he was pulling politics here and there as I recall, but he never really caught major heat on this board for it.

Of course, when you've got HHH in the same company, it's hard to get your politicking to stand out.

I was thinking the same thing. Reading the stuff that came from the Observer I was thinking...is this the same guy who everyone loved for never getting involved with politics and never complaining and still being one of the best and most over guys in the business.

Well as far as Angle's politics goes, what did he really do? I hardly think he whined successfully and got the belt back. After WM he didn't even get another shot at the title and actually lost via countout to Mark Henry at the next PPV. After going to ECW he lost clean to RVD and also to Orton, so it's not like HHH's politics where he keeps himself on top with the world title.