TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve J. Rogers

Angle vs. Holly?

Guest Anglesault
think of how long holly has been in the wwf for now.  he knows how to work a match.

Billy Gunn has been in the company a long time as well.

Guest dreamer420

reminds me of jesse ventura and gorilla monsoon "agreeing to disagree"

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

"Why? He sucks in the ring, he's not over and he has no charisma. "

The same thing applies to Tazz, and yet it seems every week I read some new article somewhere on the net about how he's been missused and should get a monster push and be breaking guys necks with suplexes and other such nonsense.

Guest Anglesault

Yes, we are done with the Holly debate. I was just agreeing with him on the Tazz topic.

Guest JHawk

I do remember some good matches with Bob Holly, although admittedly not many.  The IC Title vacancy matches on Action Zone with Jeff Jarrett in 1995.  The two matches with Owen Hart on Raw in 1997 were short but energetic.  And IMO, the Holly-Roadie match is the only thing remotely worthwhile from King of the Ring 1995 (most people have it at around ***).  Nothing Match of the Year quality, granted, but all good matches NOT involving Kurt Angle.

Guest Steve J. Rogers
Hell if the WWE DID want Bob to get payback Angle would have jobbed clean at a house show.

I pretty much agree with what's been said so far, but this bothered me. Why would Holly "get payback" at a house show? Not trying to be nitpicky and shit, but house shows don't exist in the WWE Universe, it would make more sense for Holly to get revenge on TV, would it not?

I think that was the first time they mentioned on the air how and why Bob was injured (if it was then I stand corrected and Angle should have put Bob over clean when Bob came back on TV) and also as you said house shows are not considered cannon and when Bob Holly came back from the injury Angle had long since gone past Holly on the WWF superstar ladder

Steve

Guest Phr33k

I thought Angle sort of screwed up on a radio show and said that he'd be wrestling Hogan at KOTR, without mention of it on WWE TV.

Guest Anglesault

It was kind of impossible for Angle to put Holly over when he came back-Angle was right in the middle of a world title reign.

Guest Steve J. Rogers
It was kind of impossible for Angle to put Holly over when he came back-Angle was right in the middle of a world title reign.

Thats what I was trying to convey, then they could have done some Dusty Finish at a house show or a non-title match at a house show

Steve