TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve J. Rogers

Angle vs. Holly?

Guest Steve J. Rogers

Nothing annoys me more than when Cole or JR exclaim at the end of a match that "THIS ISSUE BETWEEN THEM IS FAR FROM OVER!" like Michael did at the end of the Holly-Angle match.

Also I don't mind dragging up the past with Holly's arm being broken via the moonsault, but it WAS SEVERAL YEARS AGO and we don't need to be reminded that Angle's character never gave a damn about it unless WE HEARD IT BACK THEN

(i.e. interviewer: "Kurt, Bob Holly is returning this week after being on the shelf for nearly two years after you broke his arm after a botched moonsault.  Well know he's looking for payback."  Kurt: "Bob Who?  Who cares what Holly or whatever his name is thinks.  If he got hurt it's his own damn fault.  Your Olympic Hero is not to blame even though I have now idea what he's talking about.  And thats true, its true.")

Otherwise no one cares or remebers that the incident happened, hell Holly didn't bring it up, the issue of the match was Angle's being pissed that Bob eliminated him from the Royale, not Bob getting payback for his injury.  Hell if the WWE DID want Bob to get payback Angle would have jobbed clean at a house show.

Instead we get Angle cheating to win a match HE demanded and now probably Angle-Holly at the PPV (not to mention this is NOT considered a step up for Holly) with Holly (who was an official heel when the night started so the pop HAD to have been piped in unless the crowd was SO anti-Angle) wanting full retibution for being put on the shelf AND getting screwed in last nights match.

Is there ANY logic any more with ANY WWE characters?  I mean, not to go on an Anglesaultish rant but I mean Austin's face turn after Survivor Series essentially killed all of Kurt Angle's character development from the summer-autum.  At least when he was "the mole" he was still dorky but he was acting like he knew not to trust Austin and not in his own little Kurt Angle world.  Now flash forward about 8 months and we are back to pre-Alliance angle Kurt Angle.  Self absorbed, arrogant, narcissitic piece of crap.  Which probably now kills ANY chance of Kurt EVER getting over as a face again.

Steve

Guest saturnmark4life

I can't believe they'd ever push that feud. No one cares about Holly, they didn't even care about him in alabama. If they are going to feud they should have Kurt kill his arm for the whole match. who in their right brain wants to see ANYONE elevate Holly?

Guest Black Tiger

Kurt Angle's lack of heat is because the fans are sick of what the prodcut gives us, Kurt has been wrestling in the mid card since March, but WWE still treats him like a ME wrestler. Look at the pops guys like RVD, Edge, Eddy, Brock, and Benoit get. These are all mid card and upper mid card guys

Austin, HHH, Angle, Hogan, and Undertaker have been in ME too long and/or are too old. Fans want them out.

Guest Kinetic
Kurt Angle's lack of heat is because the fans are sick of what the prodcut gives us, Kurt has been wrestling in the mid card since March, but WWE still treats him like a ME wrestler. Look at the pops guys like RVD, Edge, Eddy, Brock, and Benoit get. These are all mid card and upper mid card guys

Austin, HHH, Angle, Hogan, and Undertaker have been in ME too long and/or are too old. Fans want them out.

The very first few words of the first sentence render any point you may have irrelevant.  Kurt Angle's lack of heat?  What WWE shows have you been watching?  Because on the SmackDown that I watch, Kurt Angle is the most over heel in the company and has been since mid January.

Guest dreamer420

I'm glad the feud is going to continue on.  The match last night was really good and if Kurt Angle was elevate Hardcore Holly the same way he did Edge, then it might put Holly in the place he deserves in the WWE.

Guest Kinetic
I'm glad the feud is going to continue on.  The match last night was really good and if Kurt Angle was elevate Hardcore Holly the same way he did Edge, then it might put Holly in the place he deserves in the WWE.

Eh.  I think Holly's uncharismatic, no-WrestleMania-singles-matches-having ass is right where it belongs: the midcard.  And, now...I hate to steal a line from AngleSault but why does Kurt Angle, one of the most talented guys in the company, have to be the one elevate all of the midcarders?  I could see it with Edge...he's talented, he's over, and he has a good look.  But Holly?  There's a reason he's never even been teased as being above the IC title level.

Guest dreamer420

because kurt can have a great match with almost anyone in the wwe and he has the ability to elevate guys lower on the card without losing any of his own heat.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
Hell if the WWE DID want Bob to get payback Angle would have jobbed clean at a house show.

I pretty much agree with what's been said so far, but this bothered me. Why would Holly "get payback" at a house show? Not trying to be nitpicky and shit, but house shows don't exist in the WWE Universe, it would make more sense for Holly to get revenge on TV, would it not?

As for everything else, I too agree that Kurt shouldn't have to put over Bob Holly. I may be somewhat of a Holly fan, but he belongs in the midcard plain and simple.

Guest dreamer420

i'm not saying hardcore holly should be moved into the main event.  he just seems to be stuck just a little below the midcard.  i see holly as someone who could easily hold the secondary title in the wwe and maybe occasionally be in the odd tag team main event or something.  i think he deserves to be a little higher on the card that he is at this point in his career.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
i'm not saying hardcore holly should be moved into the main event.  he just seems to be stuck just a little below the midcard.  i see holly as someone who could easily hold the secondary title in the wwe and maybe occasionally be in the odd tag team main event or something.  i think he deserves to be a little higher on the card that he is at this point in his career.

I agree. I bought him as a legit IC level guy back when he got in the middle of the Chyna/Jericho feud, would have been nice if they had kept the momentum up for it because that feud would have helped Bob out immensely.

Guest dreamer420

and kurt breaking his arm was something that really hurt his career IMO.  that is why this feud could be the bomb if given a chance.

Guest Black Tiger
Kurt Angle's lack of heat?  What WWE shows have you been watching?  Because on the SmackDown that I watch, Kurt Angle is the most over heel in the company and has been since mid January.

Heat wasn't a good word for the point I was trying to make.

Kurt Angle's lack of DIRECTION is because the fans are sick of the current prodcut as it pertains to the main event. WWE knows this and decided that Angle and Jericho are the two people at fault and are demoted while the ME scene CONTINUES to suck ass.

If the writing team would get their heads out of their collective asses and see what they are doing the product would be better. Angle goes from a great feud with Edge, to a feud with Hogan. One week later he's feuding with BOB HOLLY!

How can Angle keep his HEAT (I used it right that time) if he's feuding with multiple people for multiple reasons, Jericho has the same problem. He started a feud with Edge for no reason since Edge is out a few months and now he's stuck with Valbowski, just a week after the Mark Henry/Faarooq feud, which was less than a week after the HHH feud.

Guest dreamer420

why does every single wrestle have to be in a feud right now.  i'd like see the wwe go back to the old school way so they didn't have to justify every match for the smarks.  i used to like it when two random guys would hook it up and wrestle.

Guest Anglesault
, then it might put Holly in the place he deserves in the WWE.

Janitor?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Maybe they will push Holly.

I'm starting to think that the WWE has to at least attempt to push the old guys before they can push the new guys "for political reasons".  See the Bradshaw push.

Guest dreamer420

because he's better than angle

this should be interesting...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

hey shithead.

I had the why part of that question answered in the rest of the post.

cockface.

Guest Anglesault

That doesn't make it a logical reason to push Bob Holly. They aren't pushing the Brooklyn Brawler.

because he's better than angle

Time to put the blunt down, it's effecting your thought process.

Guest dreamer420

no blunts,  i'm at work right now.  anyway, i was only joking dude.  angle and holly don't even compare in the ring but i still believe that bob is still in line for a decent push.

Guest Anglesault
but i still believe that bob is still in line for a decent push.

Why? He sucks in the ring, he's not over and he has no charisma.

Guest dreamer420

that's your opinion.  i think he's pretty good in the ring.

Guest Anglesault

If he was good in the ring, at some point during his career, he would have a good match. That's yet to happen.

Guest Anglesault

Can you remember anyone that Angle has had a genuinely BAD match with? (Besides overbloated HHH)

Guest dreamer420

no but the discussion here is about hardcore holly.  so it sounds like you agree that the match last night was good.  yes?

Guest Anglesault

Didn't see it. Just took your word on it. But I have seen enough Bob Holly matches to know that he rarely if ever has a good one.

Guest dreamer420

i thought it was really good actually and after it was over I was left wanting more.

Guest Anglesault

Angle bias aside, do you really think that Angle didn't carry him?

Guest dreamer420

think of how long holly has been in the wwf for now.  he knows how to work a match.