TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Perfxion

Dumbest Songs of all time

I think "Hey Ya" is a better Outkast nomination. That's one of those songs that I don't want to hate because it's by an artist I really like, but I just can't help it. The song has an awful sound and makes absolutely no sense at all.

H.O.V.A. and La La La by Jay-Z is bad.

If you're talking "Hova Song" off ...Sean Carter, yeah, that's dumb. If you're talking "I.Z.Z.O. (H.O.V.A.)," one of the greatest summery rap singles I've ever heard, you're nuts.

H.O.V.A. and La La La by Jay-Z is bad.

If you're talking "Hova Song" off ...Sean Carter, yeah, that's dumb. If you're talking "I.Z.Z.O. (H.O.V.A.)," one of the greatest summery rap singles I've ever heard, you're nuts.

Hova Song.

Izzo is catchy as shit.

"Smells like teen spirit" by Nirvana.

You can say something like it's got great sound but the lyrics are the stupidest load of crap ever spewed out the mouth of a singer. It's gotta be a top 10 finalist for most overrated song in the history of music as well.

While I'll admit I got tired of that song long ago, I'd also remind you that song was written 15 years ago...back when Color Me Badd, Gerardo, C+C Music Factory, and Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch were popular.

Smells Like Teen Spirit > Every popular song from the year 1991.

Hair metal was waning by that point, but there were still some good new songs getting MTV/radio airplay in '91... plus The Black Album came out that year.

Hair metal was waning by that point, but there were still some good new songs getting MTV/radio airplay in '91... plus The Black Album came out that year.

With few exceptions, the year 1991 was like a shitty song hall of fame.

You can say something like it's got great sound but the lyrics are the stupidest load of crap ever spewed out the mouth of a singer. It's gotta be a top 10 finalist for most overrated song in the history of music as well.

While I'll admit I got tired of that song long ago, I'd also remind you that song was written 15 years ago...back when Color Me Badd, Gerardo, C+C Music Factory, and Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch were popular.

We have a post of the month contender.

Over R.E.M., Silent Lucidity by Queensryche and Wings of Change by Scorpions and Freedom 50 by George Michael...

"Bring the Noise" by Public Enemy + Anthrax

Over R.E.M., Silent Lucidity by Queensryche and Wings of Change by Scorpions and Freedom 50 by George Michael...

sure whatever.

Those jumped out at me (well, except for Scorpions and George Michael).

Also, Crazy by Seal is a good song.

As for the thread at hand, Photograph by Nicklebag is the worst IMO.

BTW, as far as the hits off Nevermind are concerned, I'd take "Lithium" and "In Bloom" over SLTS

Terretorial Pissings was the most overlooked song in the history of man.

*Seconds the hate for Photograph

I'm going to have to suggest the bulk of SOD's library as well. I love the band, don't get me wrong. Fuck Anthrax, I think Scott and Charlie should get back together with Billy and Dan and just do SOD tours and albums for the next few years, but really: "Milk"? Here are the lyrics:

I woke up

Can't wait to eat

I got my cereal

Boy was I beat

Open up the fridge

And to my dismay

There's no milk

My mommy will pay

I WANT SOME MILK

My coffee grows cold

I WANT SOME MILK

I should've been told

I wish I had some goddam milk

My Cheerio's just ain't the same

I wish I had some goddam milk

But the milkman never came

I can't go out to the store

I'll just wait 'til mommy buys more

I'll just have Wheat Thins and beer

If I get sick then the toilet is near

It's either pure, unadulterated genius to write a song so terribly dumb, or a symbol of Billy's lack of lyrical abilities. I'm leaning towards the former, myself. Though nothing by MOD really struck me as "smart" crossover, either.

EDIT-

RE: "Territorial Pissings"

Odd that CanGuit mentions that song as I do a post about SOD. On the Speak English or LIVE DVD (also released as the live album Live at Budokan), SOD covers "Territorial Pissings"...but not before Billy has to find a piece of paper with the lyrics to the song on it because he can't understand what the fuck Kurt Cobain is saying.

"Bring the Noise" by Public Enemy + Anthrax

Bring The Noise > Walk this way.

Impact wise and all.

Except that its STILL getting praised as a great song when it's just NOT. No one goes out and defends Marky Mark's "Feel the vibrations" as one of the best. The song is what it is, stupid load that is still getting more than it deserves.

Saying it's better than every song in 1991 is like saying cat crap doesn't stink when you compare it to what comes out of a horse and dog.

"How you remind me" by Nickelback is probably my least favorite song ever.

The chorus:

YEAH-UH! YEAH-UH! YEAH-UH! NO NO.

Desperado features hilariously bad lyrics, and it's just SO heartfelt. Like Celine Dion, beating your chest heartfelt.

And Nirvana's the shit, and 'Nevermind' is a kickass album.

YEAH-UH! YEAH-UH! YEAH-UH! NO NO.

We must have all heard that a billion times in 2001/2002.

Though I'm sure that Nickelback has their share of fans here, considering the love that Evanescence, 50 Cent, and Dwight Yoakem get.

Saying "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is a better written song and better lyrics than a song like say, "Summertime" by Will Smith(which came out in 1991)+ is just one of the dumbest things a person can say.