TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Saint's Row...

I got this game today as an early birthday present. I haven't played it yet, but I played the demo which was a lot of fun. It's just like GTA, but a tad bit different.

I was about to post this myself.

I haven't played it yet, but I am very excited to see what the online component is like. Seems like a very cool idea.

I haven't played it yet, but I am very excited to see what the online component is like. Seems like a very cool idea.

It takes organized crime to whole new levels if done properly.

I'm sure the parents groups will love that.

"Our little boy joined a St.'s Row gang, and before you know it, he was running with a horrible crowd of online ruffians. He was a Level 67 Pimp with +28 CHAR before we finally cancelled our internet service to stop him!"

I'm sure the parents groups will love that.

"Our little boy joined a St.'s Row gang, and before you know it, he was running with a horrible crowd of online ruffians. He was a Level 67 Pimp with +28 CHAR before we finally cancelled our internet service to stop him!"

Parent's who allow children to have rated M games shouldn't be allowed to decry the atrocities commited in such games. Sure the kid can go to the neighbors and play it. I'll listen to those people, but if they bought the game for the kid themselves, they can go shut the hell up.

"And as I watched him...playing these violent games...powerless to do anything to stop it....I couldn't help but wonder...where the system has failed."

"And as I watched him...playing these violent games...powerless to do anything to stop it....I couldn't help but wonder...where the system has failed."

Just wait until Bully comes out. They were protesting that thing the second it was announced. Doesn't matter that you're not actually bullying anyone. If it's by Rockstar and has even a hint of violence, people like that jackss lawyer (Thompson?) will be quick to raise an uproar and get some free publicity.

It's just like GTA, but a tad bit different

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Brillant post there genius.

Anyway, unlike GTA, which does the highly annoying "YOU START AND YOUR LIMITED TO ONE AREA!" nonsense, and taking 89-96% plot off it's various movies and etc. Saint's Row is fairly original, and the whole city is unlocked from the get go.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm sick of GTA and it's organized crime game clones. I didn't even bother to finish San Andreas.

Manhunt, however, needs a sequel. With some tweaks, it could be a lot better than the first installment (which I thought was still pretty fun, it just needed an online mode).

Its pretty much GTA, but you can customize your charater.

I got bored of GTA after the first one. Thats the only one i enjoyed.

Just wait until Bully comes out

And were not even getting that in the UK. Thank god. Im sick of the goddman "my boy played this game and died, he had cancer but its the games fault" shit.

Except that 1) it's by Rockstar North, who aren't actually the folks who made the GTA titles and Manhunt, 2) it's supposed to be actually extremely positive, charming, and funny. 3) there's no blood at all in it, weapons break easily, and if you attack people you're more likely to get busted and punished than in any GTA title.

Count me in on the "GTA3 was alright, but I think I've had my fill" panel.

Except that 1) it's by Rockstar North, who aren't actually the folks who made the GTA titles and Manhunt, 2) it's supposed to be actually extremely positive, charming, and funny. 3) there's no blood at all in it, weapons break easily, and if you attack people you're more likely to get busted and punished than in any GTA title.

Count me in on the "GTA3 was alright, but I think I've had my fill" panel.

Like ANY of that matters to some of these yahoos? All it's going to take is some meathead beating the crap out of a classmate and saying he saw it in a game, and the PTC and everyone else is going to raise an uproar about it. Personal responsibility is out the window.

I'm sure you will anyway Rant.

So peoples...is this worth a buy or not. I too am sick of GTA but is this different enough to warrent a purchase.

FWIW, after playing this for a number of hours I must say that I do believe that I like it better than the GTA games. Yes, this game flat out stole the basic idea of GTA, only with enough additions to actually top the previous GTA games.

Yes, buy this game. It's a 360 "must own".

FWIW, after playing this for a number of hours I must say that I do believe that I like it better than the GTA games. Yes, this game flat out stole the basic idea of GTA, only with enough additions to actually top the previous GTA games.

Yes, buy this game. It's a 360 "must own".

Agreed, although I don't think it's as good as GTA, it is still a very fun game and a must own for sure if you have a 360. I've barely even touched the single player mode, online is simply awesome.