TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kobe24KGold

Carlito Unhappy With Push

Guest Kobe24KGold
Carlito is unhappy with his current status on the WWE roster, reports F4WOnline.com.

The WWE wrestler feels that while he should be nearing a main-event push, he's stuck in the middle of the card and in a romance storyline that does not play to his strengths.

According to one source, additional frustration comes from the fact that WWE officials actually tell the wrestler to "act like The Rock." Carlito feels that such an instruction will prevent him from breaking out as a top star.

This, IMO, is very revealing, as it explains why it's so difficult for anyone in WWE to truly get over these days -- because they frown upon actual character differentiation and idiosyncrasies.

Being stuck in a romance angle, where the chick is leaving in a few weeks is lame. Unless he costs her final match. I can see this as being another Christian-like situation, but Carlito probably won't leave over this.

Guest DRH 502

Carlito should go back to Puerto Rico and work for peanuts while he wipes his ass with his hand and catches a VD from an underage ring rat. Then he'd appreciate what he has now. Ungreatful fucker. There are way more talented guys who i'm sure would love to get the TV time he gets.

Guest droptoehold

haha goddamn!

wwe dosent want people with charisma...they want people to imitate the rock.

i wonder how many people are told this?

Telling Carlito to act like the Rock is lame....then again Carlito thinking he should be having a Main Event push, is also lame.

I don't know... he was pretty fucking over right after he turned face... he's just really done nothing and his momentum has died quite a bit.

Guest Godlike

Carlito is not Main Event material. He needs to STFU and be happy he's got a job.

However, telling him to act like the Rock is very, very lame indeed. WWE have lost it, run right out of ideas. At the moment, all they can do is regurgitate DX and the now old and tired Evil Chairman McMahon stuff.

It's dissapointing, but symptomatic of what's happening in general in wrestling I think. Maybe some charismatic ace with great skill on the mic and in the ring will get himself over in a flash and change the whole outlook of the business, but I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe some charismatic ace with great skill on the mic and in the ring will get himself over in a flash and change the whole outlook of the business, but I'm not holding my breath.

The trouble with that is if they don't see you as a top player then it doesn't matter because they won't let you get above the level they've already slotted you in. The only way around that is if you fluke into proving yourself in the ratings, like Edge did.

If Carlito's really pissed, he should come out next week and rip off The Rock in every way possible. He should do the eyebrow, use all his catchphrases, and use the Rock Bottom and/or People's Elbow if he has a match.

While it's likely nothing compared to what he makes nowadays, Carlito hardly earned peanuts in Puerto Rico, seeing as how he wrestled for his father's company. I'm pretty sure he was very well taken care of.

This is funny...the Rock himself was being pigeonholed by the WWF/e and didn't get over until he finally was allowed to just be himself. Learning lessons is just not Vince McMahon's style.

I'd be unhappy too playing a shitty Rock-lite gimmick like "Carlito" for 3 years and having to work on the same old poorly written sinking ship of a show against equally shitty mid-card wrestlers like Chris Masters and Johnny Nitro every week and then having your biggest heel opponent thus far be the even worse and unprofessional Randy Orton, who, even with big stars, has proven to not be able to gain fan interest. Carlito's no fool.

Also keep in mind that if Carlito does what he's told and doesn't get over (which he won't by being a poor man's Rock), they'll consider it his fault.

He's right to want a better gimmick.

If you do anything to distinguish yourself, they try to bury you.

Weren't HHH and HBK bitching about CM Punk?

He's the rare case where the fan reaction was immediate and strong, and someone, for once, listened.

He has every right to be upset. For a while there, he was someone important.....he was a big deal on Smackdown, and then he was a big deal when he moved to Raw. He was even in the main event of NYR. But the last couple months, he's been just an afterthough, cause we need more time for the DX / Vince feud I guess. Lame. It's kind of a shame, Carlito is being more interesting in the ring now and he does a good job playing a smug babyface.

If you do anything to distinguish yourself, they try to bury you.

Weren't HHH and HBK bitching about CM Punk?

He's the rare case where the fan reaction was immediate and strong, and someone, for once, listened.

Punk had a shitty match that HHH, Hayes and HBK were justified to shit on because they expected better from Punk. Don't think it wasn't also a tactic from HHH to gauge how Punk reacts to negative cricticism from the office, Punk played his cards right.

The fan reaction to Punk can't really be credited to the writers "listening" to the fans for once because they spent weeks building Punk to a new audience and while Punk debuted in what is basically ROH's HQ (NYC), he continues to get reactions that are good for a mid-carder that's been thrust into the scene in between the 55 minutes of Raw Part II. He really doesn't fit in right now, making it awkward/fresh when it's time for his weekly segment.

The company was aware and intended to use Punk's true nature and knew that he would stand out with his look and persona. That is a good sign but it's also a sign they didn't think they could do anything else with Punk aside from the sXe gimmick. The MMA aspect was a clear touch from Heyman who knew Punk would need an additional "edge".

It's a matter if Punk's fanbase grows (people neglect that it took awhile for Austin, Rock, Cena and other popular babyfaces to explode). It usually takes a year or more of building momentum. Alot of faces can get over quick, but it's a issue of sustaining heat (Eugene and Matt Hardy, for instance). Once Punk reaches that platform, that's where it'll be interesting to see how the company plays it's hand.

As for Carlito, here is the stupidity of the whole thing...they want Carlito to be a lesser version of The Rock and you can tell that with the huge merch push they give him and the neutered personality designed for a pop. He was a good heel because he had personality that was different from the others but they erased that for basically no reason other then turning him face due to the merch sales they felt he could garner in the absence of The Hurricane.

The problem is? He isn't anything like any incarnations of The Rock aside from wardrobe and the tacky catchphrase laden shirts. Rock was laid back to a degree but had that temper. Carlito, was a natural heel with his own style and approach to establishing "coolness". That was what started getting him over but they completely ripped it apart and turned him in a complete pussy and given him no real direction other then a dead-end deal with Trish. Something the fans have been through many, many times already.

Carlito is main event material. He has charisma, is an interesting character, and can draw a crowd reaction, unlike most wrestlers for the WWE today.

Shame on the WWE.

05Carlito01.jpg

Hey Yo, Know you're role.

They want him to act like Scott Hall also?

Carlito's debut was almost a direct rip-off of the Ramon character. Which itself was a rip-off as well.

05Carlito01.jpg

Hey Yo, Know you're role.

Well they didn't want Carlito to be himself! Krumpin/Klownin + Evil Doink = the perfect gimmick for Carlito.

Have you never seen Carlito?

I swear, the first week or two I saw Carlito it was like "Hey look, it's Rock Ramone."

He's always struck me as a little bit of the Rock (cocky heel who refers to himself in third person) with a little bit of Razor (From the same general area kayfabe-wise, likes to spit in people's faces (and yeah I know Ramone threw the toothpick, he didn't spit it, but the botom line is the same; tosses his gimmick in someone's face as a show of arrogance)).