TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JJMc

Gas Price Check...

Some buddies of mine from Buffalo were in Canada on the 3rd, and they said it was over $4 per gallon. I'd never heard of it topping that. I filled up in Buffalo yesterday for $3.95 per.

Since I got back to St. Kitts, it's been in the $1.25/1.30 range the whole time.

Its currently 3.46 a gallon and dropping. A Shitco is currently doing 3.33 a gallon. And a Chevron that just opened was doing a special 2.25 a gallon. The lines to get there was 3 lanes wide, 2 miles deep. They blocked off a road just to get "cheap" gas.

$3.49 today, down 50 cents in about 5 weeks or so.

The price seems to be dropping faster than it went up. At this rate by next month we could be back in the high $2 range. Everybody run back to your SUVs!

Sadly enough there are people who actually think that way for real.

My Dad said it best:

"Summer's coming to a close, they got their money. Now get ready for the heating bill to skyrocket in winter."

I'm not cheering any of this, it's all a damn joke.

My Dad said it best:

"Summer's coming to a close, they got their money. Now get ready for the heating bill to skyrocket in winter."

I'm not cheering any of this, it's all a damn joke.

you dont have to get ready for that, its already happened. Heating oil prices are double what they were last year, because the companies have to buy their stocks for the winter ahead in the summer.

Like I said..look for "Old people freezing to death" stories in the news.

/is glad, at least for now, that he has electric heat.

No! There's going to be some tiny problem with that! We have to keep doing the same thing! Our jobs depend on it! Why do scientists hate America?

I took a drive to the SF Zoo this weekend. I saw a Shell station with the lowest price set at $4.77.

Here the average price is around $3.85-3.90

$3.42-$3.36 here today. Oil is supposed to go back up over the next couple days due to the hurrican, or tropical storm, or whatever it is that's in the gulf.

Guest Smues

Still $4.31 here. I think they are repealing our state gas tax (8 cents a gallon. OH GOD NO THE GOVERNMENT IS OPPRESSING US) on Monday, so everyone is waiting to see if the price at the pump actually drops 8 cents. I don't care either way. Yeah I pay a lot for gas and bitch about it, but 8 cents a gallon in tax isn't the problem.

Here's something to irk me a bit. Route 115 connects with I-80 with one gas station there. Gas is $3.99 a gallon. Drive two miles down the road, and Wawa runs it for $3.60. 39 cents a gallon more for being located on the highway.

Guest Smues

$.39 seems a bit extreme, but the highway close or on stations usually charge more for the convinience.

3.41 here...about a week or two ago, two companies across the street from the other started some huge bidding war between themselves that went down to about as low as .99 a gallon.

RE: Stop populating Houston.. Czech, shut it. Subway's aren't going to work here because we're too far below sea level for it to really work and as far as trains..the infra-structure of Houston isn't set up to handle it. Hell, people are bitching still about the light-rail here

Guest Vitamin X
3.41 here...about a week or two ago, two companies across the street from the other started some huge bidding war between themselves that went down to about as low as .99 a gallon.

RE: Stop populating Houston.. Czech, shut it. Subway's aren't going to work here because we're too far below sea level for it to really work and as far as trains..the infra-structure of Houston isn't set up to handle it. Hell, people are bitching still about the light-rail here

That would probably be because the light rail is totally useless there. In most other cities, light rails and subways can actually be used for, you know, commuting.

Right now, the 10s of millions spent on the light rail goes from Astrodome to Minute Maid Park. 3 or 4 miles to connect to stadiums. Well worth our money.

On Wed, gas next to job 3.31 a gallon. Right now 3.49 a gallon with off shore rigs shutting down for safety with that hurricane brewing.

Totally useless for some, decent commute for me.

Rail takes me to downtown where I can get to any of the performance buildings or grab a decent bite to eat before seeing a movie or to connect to the bus I take to get to U of H.

I keep hearing the proposal for rail to cover more of the city but I can't remember just where they want it built..

That would probably be because the light rail is totally useless there. In most other cities, light rails and subways can actually be used for, you know, commuting.

I'd take issue with the use of "most" there. I've lived in half a dozen different towns in three states, and I've never lived anywhere which either had a rail or subway service, or was even geographically set up to where such a service would work.

Guest Vitamin X

Okay, most other cities that aren't planned by some bumblefuck Texan/Southerner with no concept of an urban core. Better?

"Well, it's the South so it doesn't count." Man I never get tired of that argument.

What are you expecting, exactly? These cities were founded long before the railroad was available to them. Since they had more land to grow on than the crammed Northeastern cities, naturally they weren't as heavily centered around one central area and sprawled more over the years. What's your solution here, exactly? Beyond steamrolling the cities flat and starting over from scratch, there's not much you can do to improve the situation.

Guest Vitamin X

Eh, all it'll take is one good hurricane to smack Houston around, then we can rebuild!