TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JJMc

Gas Price Check...

Marvin, you have 30 to 40 days to use your "stockpile" up before the gas degrades and you are left with gallons of useless shit.

As for off shore drilling, the ban period should be over by the end of the month, and I doubt anyone in power is going to allow such measures since the prices has come down more than 50 percent. Hell, I could see a new ban being placed in sometime in middle of November when its "election safe" by adding it to a bill that doesn't hurt anyone.

I plan on stockpiling some gas right before the election since the price of gas is going to go right back up after the election, especially since they're going to reban offshore drilling in Congress.

Enjoy it while ya can!

We need the Marvin pic photoshopped to look like Lord Humungous.

Marvin, you have 30 to 40 days to use your "stockpile" up before the gas degrades and you are left with gallons of useless shit.

As for off shore drilling, the ban period should be over by the end of the month, and I doubt anyone in power is going to allow such measures since the prices has come down more than 50 percent. Hell, I could see a new ban being placed in sometime in middle of November when its "election safe" by adding it to a bill that doesn't hurt anyone.

They do make fuel stabilizers that will allow storage up to 6 months.

As for the drilling ban, the good ol Democrats have already made plans to call a special session of Congress almost immediately after the Election and one of their top priorities is to reban offshore drilling.

Thank goodness.

Anyone who thinks the drop in the price of oil has ANYTHING to do with the allowance of offshore drilling needs to have their head checked.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
How in gods name does a V8 get 35-49 MPG? are we talking meters here?

Or is it diesel?

He worded that way bad. He was saying that MPG isn't everything when choosing a vehicle, not that he has some kind of nuclear-powered Jeep.

2.46 in Northern Dayton

Guest Vitamin X
2.61!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, why are you paying 9/10 of a cent for gas for your bicycle? Shouldn't that sticker read 0.00 0/10

Burritos cost money.

Hopefully related, English PM Gordon Brown has urged (pretty much demanded) that Fuel Depots, and Energy firms bring their prices down in line with the cost of Oil. Bold move.

For some reason, here in Wisconsin, our gas always costs more than a lot of other states. I still saw anywhere from 2.85 to 2.97 in my town yesterday.

Still $3.05 here, and I have pretty much accepted the "living right next to the refinery" theory is true. It was a few pages back if you missed it.

two things:

First, right now the cheapest is 2.49 a gallon right outside of Houston. With the most expensive being 2.75(next to highway).

Secondly, I worded that wrong it should have read:

Hell my V8 Grand Cherokee gets better MPGs then most truck model hybrids. The GM line gets up to 20MPHG going down a massive hill.

And just because it gets 35 to 45 MPGs doesn't make it a good car. The Yaris may be great fuel economy but I will take an Avalon any day of the week. There is a reason the Aveo goes for 75K less than a Vette.

two things:

First, right now the cheapest is 2.49 a gallon right outside of Houston. With the most expensive being 2.75(next to highway).

Secondly, I worded that wrong it should have read:

Hell my V8 Grand Cherokee gets better MPGs then most truck model hybrids. The GM line gets up to 20MPHG going down a massive hill.

And just because it gets 35 to 45 MPGs doesn't make it a good car. The Yaris may be great fuel economy but I will take an Avalon any day of the week. There is a reason the Aveo goes for 75K less than a Vette.

Dont disrespect the Yaris!

Yaris is not a bad car at all. Its just that I would take the Camry or Avalon over it any day of the week. The Yaris is one of the best non-hybrids on fuel economy. But I look for more than just how many MPGs a car gets. Resale value and style go into the equation.

Clearly prices are dropping because they have switched to their magic WINTER MIX of gas, which is cheaper apparently for reasons they have yet to explain. Now the price of heating oil will skyrocket to offset the gas price drop in some areas.

Ain't life grand.

Yaris is not a bad car at all. Its just that I would take the Camry or Avalon over it any day of the week. The Yaris is one of the best non-hybrids on fuel economy. But I look for more than just how many MPGs a car gets. Resale value and style go into the equation.

To which I would reply it is perfectly fine to buy a car based on factors like style, but then don't bitch about the price of gas afterwards (not saying you do).

My biggest problem has been that there is no difference between gas on 06/21/2008 and gas 10/21/2008 except now its so much fucking cheaper with the demand not changing of any major note.

Guest Vitamin X

I think there was a hurricane somewhere in that time period, you might have heard of it..

Here in Australia yesterday two stations started a price war. the price went from A$1.45/litre to A$0.95/litre in two hours. Consequently petrol stations around the city dropped their average fuel price by 10c a litre. This is good, because the pricks that sell us the fuel haven't passed on the fall in fuel prices due to the Australian dollar weakening, although they can't explaijn whythe drop in oil price is double the drop in the dollar and still no savings have been sighted. until now.

My biggest problem has been that there is no difference between gas on 06/21/2008 and gas 10/21/2008 except now its so much fucking cheaper with the demand not changing of any major note.

But, obviously, anticipated demand has changed drastically.

Less Americans, shit, less humans are going to able to buy gasoline due to this global recession.

Ergo, price goes dowwwn.

The lowest I have seen gas for is $2.55/gallon. It's nice to be able to drive for longer than a day on $20 worth of gas now. The E85 fuel is $2.19/gallon. From what I understand though, you have to have a certain engine to run that stuff. Am I correct?

VX: Uh, I think I know there was a hurricane, I went through it. I saw the damage of 100+ MPH wind.

HBG: Any fuel injected car can run e85. But be prepared to change plugs and fuel filter real soon if your car isn't a flex fuel model. Best advice, change your plug to a higher heat plug and put on a cotton air filter/air intake if you are going to run on e85 to maximize any MPGs you can get from it.

Eric: The price drop was before the global recession, I think the price started free falling with Saudi leaving OPEC.

Guest Vitamin X
VX: Uh, I think I know there was a hurricane, I went through it. I saw the damage of 100+ MPH wind.

Great! So you also understand that gas prices fluctuated in part due to that very hurricane you went through, right?

It did a bump of +30 cents in the worst parts of town, to a drop within days of the storm. It was 6 day period. The price started dropping in August, and still dropping durring the storm. Only two stations rose higher, and those places the owner admitting to gauging the prices of gas.