TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JJMc

Gas Price Check...

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Filled the truck up for 30 bucks. I hope this economy never recovers. I've had nothing but good things happen to me since this shit went down.

Guest Smues

Just filled up for $2.64.

You know what I like about the falling gas prices besides the obvious benefits? The lower the price is, the less people care when a gas station accidentally has a lower price than they mean to. I swear during the summer every week I'd read an article about a gas station where the clerk put in .359 instead of 3.59 (or some situation similar to that) so for 3-4 hours people were swarming the gas station for cheap gas. And then there'd be the comments section (as I was usually reading these articles on msn.com or usatoday.com) where most people would be posting "YEAH TAKE THAT GREEDY GAS STATIONS STICK IT TO THE MAN!" and then a few people would post "NO THAT'S STEALING" and have a big fight with the STICK IT TO THE MAN people.

That got old pretty quick.

Guest Smues

It's around $1.55 here in Spokane. I'm about to fly back to Anchorage where it was about $2.40 last time I was there, we'll see if it's continued to drop.

Just saw that Oregon is looking to replace its gas tax (25 cents per gallon) with a 1.2 cents per mile road usage tax that would be tracked by GPS sensors..

good luck with that. Any car that gets better than 21 mpg would end up paying more taxes under the 1.2 cents per mile plan than the 25 cents per gallon gas tax. A 40 mpg car would pay 48 cents tax per gallon vs the 25 cents.

$1.43/gal for reg. unleaded. not bad, I suppose.

Dear Congressman Barton,

The only person "puzzled" in this clip is you, because you cannot comprehend plate tectonics. It is a scientific concept taught to children as early as elementary schools, or apparently the origin of fossil fuels as being the remains of fossils (hint: it's in the name). In other words, you are an ignorant moron.

Signed,

Planet Earth