TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - September/4th/2006.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
hardy_nitro456a.jpg

Hardy eyes IC Championship.

Less than a month after making his return to WWE, Jeff Hardy has the opportunity to wear WWE gold around his waist when he takes on Johnny Nitro for the Intercontinental Championship tonight on Raw.

The returning Hardy earned his title match when he defeated "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton last week on Raw. After the match, Intercontinental Champion Johnny Nitro told WWE.com that Hardy's unique in-ring style may actually hinder the challenger more than help him.

"Jeff Hardy thinks he can take the Intercontinental Championship from me. He thinks he's a risk taker, maybe an adrenaline junkie, a thrill-seeker of sorts, but what he doesn't realize is I'm smarter than that. I take calculated risks, he takes uncalculated risks, and that's what's gonna cost him his shot at the title", declared a resolute Nitro.

Will Hardy's risk-taking cost him on Monday night? Or will Nitro's comments prove wrong? Find out on Raw.

DX Destroyed?

Mr. McMahon sent a vicious message to DX last week on Raw. After recruiting Smackdown's Sir William Regal, Fit Finlay, WWE United States Champion Mr. Kennedy, and ECW World Heavyweight Champion The Big Show to wear down Shawn Michaels and Triple H, "The Chairman" finished the job off with the help of his trusty lead pipe. He left DX in the ring in a puddle of their own blood with a message that the McMahons were ready for a rematch, in a Hell in a Cell Match with Big Show on the McMahons' side. How will DX respond to "The Chairman's" latest attempt to destroy them?

Advant-Edge?

After accepting John Cena's challenge for a match at Unforgiven, with the stipulation that will send Cena to Smackdown for three years if he loses, Edge said he agreed only if he was able to choose the type of match.

During Cena's match with Chris Masters on Raw, "The Rated R Superstar" interrupted and attacked Cena with tables, ladders and chairs. He then informed his challenger that at Unforgiven, it would be a Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match, a match Edge has never lost and one that Cena has never competed in. Unforgiven is also being held in the champion's hometown of Toronto, Canada. Are the odds too great for Cena to overcome? Will Edge send his archrival to Smackdown?

Romance Killer.

Two weeks ago on Raw, Carlito got involved in Randy Orton's match with Ric Flair. For payback, Orton blasted Carlito and Trish Stratus against a wall while the two were sharing a romantic moment. Carlito responded to that by spitting an apple into Orton's face during "The Legend Killer's" No.1 Contender Match against Jeff Hardy, inadvertently costing Orton the match. In their game of one-upmanship, how will "The Legend Killer" respond?

To find out the answers, watch Raw at 9pm/8pm CT only on the USA Network.

So, Vince now has a TRUSTY lead pipe? He's only used a pipe like two or three times to my knowledge (one of the Wrestlemanias definitely...remember that bloodied up look he gave over the ring apron?).

That's like saying heel Carlito has a trusty finisher that isn't a roll-up.

So, Vince now has a TRUSTY lead pipe? He's only used a pipe like two or three times to my knowledge (one of the Wrestlemanias definitely...remember that bloodied up look he gave over the ring apron?).

He used it to bloody up Ric Flair at MSG in Jan 2002

The IC title match made more sense as a PPV bout. Maybe they'll add Benjamin and Carlito and make it a four way on PPV... or maybe they just won't defend the IC title. Or maybe this match will not have a decisive ending.

The IC title match made more sense as a PPV bout. Maybe they'll add Benjamin and Carlito and make it a four way on PPV... or maybe they just won't defend the IC title. Or maybe this match will not have a decisive ending.

Nitro's diva will throw ballons filled with paint at Jeff Hardy to cause the DQ.

Nitro's diva will throw ballons filled with paint at Jeff Hardy to cause the DQ.

It would be more believable if she threw balloons of cocaine at him. Except that Jeff would catch them and eat them and start acting like Popeye The Raving Lunatic (toot toot) and will tie Johnny Nitro in a knot at the waisck.

They really should just make the HIAC a massive multiple man texas tornado tag match involving McMahons/Big Show/Bashams/King's Court/Spirit Squad Vs DX/Foley/Sabu/RVD/Dreamer/Sandman.

Otherwise, it's a boring train wreck.

They really should just make the HIAC a massive multiple man texas tornado tag match involving McMahons/Big Show/Bashams/King's Court/Spirit Squad Vs DX/Foley/Sabu/RVD/Dreamer/Sandman.

Otherwise, it's a boring train wreck.

World War 3/Wargames and you know it will end anti-climatic by having somebody's manager like say Armando Alejandro Estrada ending the match by saying "I Quit".

Why do we start these Raw threads so damn early?

I already ranted about this with ECW. I was half expecting Butterspoon to call this "Raw Week #693" in regards to my other complaint, but, much like his rant in NHB about other posters, I'm not nearly imnportant enough to be spited at in that way.

How did Vince con NBC/USA to get Raw shown live this week.
You mean as opposed to all those other weeks where it's been live on the USA network?

How did Vince con NBC/USA to get Raw shown live this week.

You mean as opposed to all those other weeks where it's been live on the USA network?

There's a reality beyond McMahon's carnival act and in that reality, exists a very popular tennis tournament known as The U.S Open, which is generally aired on USA on Monday nights causing Raw to be pre-empted in the past (including last week). It's not as if the US Open is a ratings sinkhole, so the fact that after years of being a slave to the US Open (and the dog show, which isn't the case anymore), Vince got out of that deal is a legitimate question to raise.

Probably when they put the new deal to jump from Spike to USA, I think I read something about that when the new deal was announced

If Nitro/Hardy doesn't result in a PPV Ladder rematch I will be shocked and appalled.

I can't remember a Nitro Ladder match, but he seems like he'd be well suited for one. And Hardy being in one will probably pop a few buys.

When I saw him last week with the pipe, I thought "oh shit, and he's got the pipe! Vince means business." It's been established over the last few years that that's his specialty fuckoff foreign object. First time I remember was during the Flair program in late 2001/early 2002. He's used it during matches and angles at least six or seven times since.

Why have 2 ladder matches on the same PPV?

Theres already a TLC match and a Hell in a Cell Match..

They should just do the sensible thing and make all the matches gimmick matches and turn Unforgiven into UncEnSoReD.

Meh..if they do that, then instead of being Hell in a Cell, they could have DX vs McMahons and call it a Doomsday Cage Match.

Why have 2 ladder matches on the same PPV?

I don't care if it's at the next PPV. I just wanna see it.

I didn't realize Raw was on USA this week and assumed it was still on Sci-Fi. Not that it matters to me - Tennis is on TSN and Raw is on The Score.

Sidenote: I noticed my digital guide listed the US Open as being on CNBC tonight.

Things I hope happen:

1) Jeff gets the title off Nitro.

2) Umaga squashes a well-known ROH wrestler.

3) Foley added to Unforgiven "Hell in a Cell" match.

4) Orton has to put someone over and has another tantrum.

5) Defying Raw logic, there's a good wrestling match.

6) No intelligence-insulting McMahon/DX garbage. They can have storyline development, just don't drop nets, poop, or other nonsense.

7) Mickie James is on TV.

8) Maria (where has she been?) is on TV.