TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Crocodile Hunter Dead

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead

September 04, 2006 02:14pm

THE Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead.

He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said. It is understood he was killed by a sting-ray barb that went through his chest.

He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary and that's when it occured.

Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef off Port Douglas.

Well, this one was certainly unexpected, but it really shouldn't have been.

This really sucks to hear, I loved his shows and all of his appearances. I must be honest though, I always thought he'd die by falling down stairs or something, so at least a little bugger got him instead.

Since he was in his very own movie, I wonder if he'll actually get a mention at the next Oscars when they do the "deaths in the last year" thing.

It's on CNN and MSNBC now, so there ya go.

It's on the News Limited website, run by Murdoch. I'd trust it.

For reasons that exist outside of this folder, these words made me laugh.

I guess the stingray got pissed when Steve's thumb went up its butthole.

I always liked Irwin. Peace out.

(Why couldn't this have happened to Jeff Corwin?)

RIP, I never thought he'd die like this, I somehow believed he'd live long enough to retire and live a long, happy life. Best nature show host ever, I think. He really made you care

Well you live by the sword...

Massive shame. The work the man did for conservation and awareness of native and endangered Australian species is unbelieveable. Sad to think there was still much, much more he would have wanted to do, not to mention see his children (eight and three years old) grow up.

Stingray barb through the goddamn chest? Ouch....

That stingray was out to get him.

Guest Bammey

Wow... an Animal Planet icon. He was a constant parody among entertainment so he should be recognized next year. Total shock to hear.

RIP Steve Irwin!

First thing I thought of was the ESPN commercial where he says something along the lines of "I'm staring death right in the eye, how many of your baseballers do that?"

Too bad, he seemed like a cool guy.

Guest Princess Leena

Seeing the film would be funny. I giggle whenever the animal expert always assumes the animal won't hurt anyone, and they get trounced.

Wow. I can think of lots of ways someone could die, but 'death by stingray barb' is a new one.

Kudos to the guy who asked why couldn't it have been Corwin. That was my first thought, actually.

Seeing the film would be funny. I giggle whenever the animal expert always assumes the animal won't hurt anyone, and they get trounced.

Except that Irwin NEVER under estimated how dangerous the aninimals he worked with were(with the possible exception of that time he put his infant near the crocodiles) and...in fact, the last time I ever saw him, on the cable at work, he was telling a cautionary tale of how to properly handle being trapped in the water with a crocodile.

Kudos to the guy who asked why couldn't it have been Corwin. That was my first thought, actually.

Thanks, but Corwin was actually my second thought. My first was why couldn't Manny, Mark and Megan have been taken out, but their piece-of-shit show got canned long ago.