TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Prison Break

I checked it out last night and it was a pretty eventful show, albeit a bit hard to believe at times, with the twists and turns that were going down.

I may be way off here, but is Whistler and Gretchen working alot of people, possibly including even The Company itself? I'm wondering what past they have, and if they are actually a couple. And Whistler is using the other girl for whatever reason.

The "samples", or whatever.

I seem to recall a while back, Whistler mentioned that he used to carry people on his boat, and one time he had this guy come on with a briefcase full of "samples", for something.

I have no idea what they are, but I've been theorizing that it's potentially some sort of weapon (biological?) or perhaps the Company is attempting to create a new fuel supply and grab the world by the balls.

So apparently next week is the season finale. I had no idea and just figured they only had a portion of the episodes made due to the strike. Tonight's episode was awesome, and I'm curious to see if that really is the last time we see Mahone.

When Mahone said "If she did, what you think she did, Sara, then she's the weak link." Any chance that means she couldn't go through with killing Sara? Although the next line about Michael hunting her down doesn't make sense.

Was I the only one hoping the last scene would be of Sara tied up somewhere looking around for a way out? Why can't I just let it go???

Nah, she's dead. LJ was a witness to it, right?

I would've marked out like a little bitch if that was Kellerman meeting up w/ Mahone, though.

I thought for sure T-Bag was going to spin around and shoot Bellick instead of killing Lechero.

I was beginning to think they were going to swerve us with Sara being alive. I didn't fully catch what Mahone said about Sara, so when Michael was opening the briefcase, I thought it would be something to confirm that she was alive.

And before it was revealed to be Whistler, I did think that Kellerman was the person meeting with Mahone are the bar.

I hope Fox picks up (at least) another season, as there's a bunch of stuff I'm interested in seeing played out.

The last I heard was that it was up in the air but I figure the decreased amount of pilots for new shows available in the fall means they'll at least go ahead with the first half part if not a whole season. Hopefully they'll rename it Prison Break: Revenge unless theres a subplot of trying to get Sucre out of Sona to the main plot of Micheal getting revenge for Sara's death.

Overall this season was actually not as bad as the 2nd season was.

Season 2 wasn't bad, they just seem to try and do too much. I think the show would work better as a 12-15 episode show. 22 is just too much.

I liked the end of the season, but early on I figured Sucre would end up back behind bars

Maybe I'm the only one, but I liked season 2 much more than this season. Maybe it's because I had the advantage of watching the entire thing on DVD as opposed to on TV, but I thought it was just as good as the first season. The only thing that bothered me was everyone jumping around the country WAY too quickly.

Of course, last night's episode was supposed to be the mid-season finale, so I figure they'll at least pick up the second half. After that, I'm not so sure.

You gotta wonder how long they can keep a show like this going. I wouldn't mind seeing it wrap after another season or half season. I hope it does wrap up it's full season in a reasonable amount of time and not just throw in the towel for the season like Heroes did

Yeah I really hope they finish the rest of the season sometime before May. Maybe not get a full 22-23 episodes, but at least have 5-6 episodes to build a better ending for the season then start fresh with Season 4 come September.

It had better be the last season. I've stated since Season 2 ended that it shouldn't have continued past that. Season 3 reeked of Fox trying to milk the show. At this point, we're so far from the original concept of the show that I've lost a considerable amount of interest.

Dames

Season 1: Guys breaking out of prison.

Season 2: Guys trying not to get caught.

Season 3: Guys trying to break out of new prison.

Season 4: Guys trying not to get caught..?

Sounds like the same concept to me. The difference is, is that the story AROUND the prison breaks is evolving and progressing. I'm fine if it goes to 6 seasons, personally.

Nah, original concept of show is:

Lincoln in prison for supposedly killing vice president's brother. Michael gets tattoed up with the plans of the prison so he can break out his brother and clear his name.

All of which is resolved at the end of Season 2 until they tacked on the end with Michael ending up going to Sona because the Company wants him there. They clearly didn't expect the show to get as popular as it did because the story easily could have been wrapped up at the end of 2 with Lincoln exonerated and him and Michael getting away to Panama.

Season 1: Guys breaking out of prison.

Season 2: Guys trying not to get caught.

Season 3: Guys trying to break out of new prison.

Season 4: Guys trying not to get caught..?

Sounds like the same concept to me. The difference is, is that the story AROUND the prison breaks is evolving and progressing. I'm fine if it goes to 6 seasons, personally.

Season 4 is going to be about Michael getting revenge and also setting up the spinoff Prison Break: Cherry Hill (which was shelved due to the writers strike).

Pretty big news regarding Season 4. This is a pretty big spoiler, but if you follow any Prison Break news anywhere else, you're probably bound to find out before the next season starts.

From IGN:

Sara is returning.

I'm thrilled since Michael will actually have SOMETHING to fight for other than just revenge alone. In the IGN article, they mention how the writers of the show said a way out of 'her head in the box' is that Lincoln never inspected the head due to the shock and emotion. Works for me, but didn't LJ at some point mention seeing her head cut off? I barely remember, but he might have just "heard" it happening.

More about that "spoiler" here: http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV...rison/800036399

But in it, it says...

But initially it was supposed to be her head. What changed?

Olmstead: What changed was.... once we realized that the emotional hook of Season 3 was going to be the death of Sara, when we didn't get the actress to do it, as soon as we wrote it and shot it, we realized that there was actually a way she could still be alive. Lincoln glanced at the head in the box for a split second. That could've been anyone. He wasn't about to pull it up from the hair and inspect it closely. And then we were fairly careful thereafter of references we made to that and who took credit for it and what was seen or heard, and we left it fairly [vague]. But initially when we realized that we never actually saw the character get killed, we just had that knowledge in our back pocket and moved forward with the narrative as we intended. Which was: she's out of the picture, Michael's [feeling guilty] and Lincoln is freaking out because if they did that to her, they could do that to his son. It really gave us a real push for the season.

They're trying to make it passable that there is no solid concrete proof that she was decapitated, but didn't LJ tell Michael (when they were finally reunited at the end) that he saw them decapitate her? Or am I remembering incorrecty?

LJ said he heard them decapitating Sara but he shut his eyes so he didn't see any of it. So yeah, they made sure to leave that little loophole open as well.

I just don't know about a fourth season. I thought was the first season was excellent....and I even loved the second season. It had its slow points but I thought there was some great, great stuff in it (i.e. Mahone, Kellerman -- I thought the Kellerman/Sara storyline was very good) and I always had a feeling they were building towards something as they revealed more and more of the Company conspiracy every week.

I thought the third season was just atrocious though. Whistler didn't have a single quality that made me care about who he was, his girlfriend was equally as bland, Gretchen was just a poor villain that had no credibility as a threat, they made T-Bag a non-factor for practically the entire season, and the suspense of them breaking out of prison was completely gone. Been there, done that. I went from being a religious follower of the first two seasons to sparingly watching episodes by the end of the third season -- I didn't even bother to watch the finale.

To be honest, Season 3 of Prison Break disappointed me just as much as Season 6 of 24, if not more. I'm going to give Season 4 a chance --

I've always been a fan of Sara's character

-- but they need to hook me in within the first few episodes or I might be out the door permanently.