TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Prison Break

Cool, so they got whatever her name is to come back for the role of Sara then? Its wasn't clear how they were going to handle this since I thought there was some serious contract snafu that prevented her from coming back, or was it just that she was pregnant? I can't recall....

Very glad to read that spoiler. It didn't make sense, in my mind, for the Company to have done that, so this makes me happy.

That said, man, the 3rd season pissed me off. Had they gotten out of prison around the time that they tried the escape where they literally climbed over the wall and had to go back or whatever, I wouldn't have been so bothered, but with them back in prison after that I was like...ugh. I dunno, just the amount of time they spent in that jail bugged me, cuz I really wanted to see what it looks like we're gonna see next season - Michael going after the company (or at least those 3), taking them down, and getting to the bottom of the whole conspiracy, that's what I wanna see.

I just re-watched the last season on DVD, and it was much better upon second viewing. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, but I don't think it'll be as good as season 2 (the other outside the prison season).

This is the biggest lump of American TV Cheese in history - do you take it seriously or as tongue in cheek? I can't believe some of the situations that they get out of because of his Rain Man super autism powers. Season 1 had me in stitches. Everytime there was a dead end, his tattooes would come to life and save the day.

Oh no, I'm just about to get raped by Big Bubba - no worries, the tattoo on my arse will save the day!

Season 2 was slightly better, and so far probably the best season.

Season 3 was just ergh.

It feels like they just ran through about 6 episodes worth of story in that first 15 mins.

I find PB does that a lot, just rips right through stuff. That's one of the things I like about it though; no waiting around for 2-3 seasons for some answers, like some shows.

That said, this wasn't bad, but I'm not a fan of this whole little team they've got going on. I'll wait and see where they go with it before judging though.

I thought the episode tonight was ok. I like the new story they have going, but there were lots of parts of the show I didn't like. For the first one, I didn't like how they explained everyone got out of Sona by burning the place to the ground. Kind of a crappy cop-out to that story, especially when the season finale ended with Sucre getting thrown into Sona and building it as if it would be a major story this season.

Another thing I didn't like was the pacing of this like tpww said. They ran through A LOT this episode. I appreciate them trying to move the storyline fast, but it would be nice to build the storylines up a bit more. Don't waste uneccessary time by dragging the story out too long, but conversely, don't just plow through it as a lightning pace either.

A couple things I liked though were T-Bag, obviously. He ate a Mexican! And how Michael stole the little cell-phone like copying device. Breaking into the neighbours and distracting the security crew there was a smart idea. Love that part of the show.

I just finished watching it. It was decent, but it just seems like it has no chance of touching the first two seasons in terms of quality. I am glad that Mahone is actually on the good side, as I was sort of pissed he seemed to rejoin the Company at the end of last season, which would have made no sense at all.

Can someone refresh my memory on Bellick? Why is he a fugitive in the US? He got arrested in Panama at the end of season 2 for supposedly killing those hookers which T-Bag actually did. Is he wanted for being a con in Panama and illegally crossing the border? And yeah, Bellick reuniting with his mom was awesome.

Leaving Fernando rotting in Sona last season was a big emotional deal for me, right away start of this season, NOPE, He's out! ...I guess I'm just not used to PB skipping ahead in the timeline like this.

Loved Michael and Sara's conversation about his wife.

"Does that mean I have to divorce my wife?"

"Oh, I forgot. You're still married to the Russian stripper!"

"Well, one - I was kind of busy and two, I think she was Czech."

I am liking the Ocean's 11 feel of this season so far.

but i gotta say I'm not digging Michael Rappaport as the Homeland Security agent. He lacks authority and comes off, like every other role he plays, as just plain goofy.

Man, I've been sympathetic to Bellick for a while now; yeah he was a dick as a guard and stuff, but he's a prison guard! I don't think they're supposed to be nice to people in jail for murder and armed robbery.

And yeah, it's not like he wasn't still a dick for a while after that, but he's been way overpunished for it, in my eyes.The poor bastards been over his head, struggling to survive for a while now, in my opinion.

Yeah, IMO he's been the highlight of this series since he appeared in season two. However, it seems that his pill addiction mysteriously disappeared between season 3 and 4.

Meh, I like the show, but I'm getting a little tired of the formula. Everything has to be a riddle, and every year there's some new company super soldier that can get to anyone

I actually enjoyed last night's episode a lot. Fichtner was awesome, and in the absence of Kellerman, he's my favorite character on the show. Regarding his pill addiction, I think he just went through withdrawal midway through last season after he refused drugs from T-Bag and managed to beat it. He still seems to have that little bit of shakiness, but he controls it better I suppose. That said, I still think he's going to die before this season is done, sacrificing himself for the rest of the group or something.

I was really glad to see Bellick actually consider running. He just doesn't seem to completely fit in with the group.