TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

House

January 30th, so yeah, two weeks after last night. God damn American Idol, I have always hated that show and I hate it even more when it prevents me from enjoying some TV on a Tuesday night.

Oh well, two weeks of just watching NCIS and The Unit instead of on tape like usual.

New episode tonight, finally.

‘One Day, One Room’

House returns to the hospital after a short stint in rehab; Cuddy comes to collect on the debt of perjuring herself for House; House encounters a patient who tests positive for an STD and says she was raped recently.

'bout time.

...and it'll get prempted in about two weeks when Idol does it's "semifinal" knockout rounds. Did they think people wouldn't notice the difference between a sarcastic Brit music producer and a sarcastic American doctor (played by a... say, is Laurie a Brit or an Aussie?)?

Anyways, I may have to take a break from studying (since I apparently have to work during work hours) to watch this week...

I'm still holding out hope that Hugh is able to get Rowan Atkinson and Tony Robinson to do an episode of House. I mean hell, if Dave frickin Matthews can be in an episode, why can't Blackadder and Baldrick?

Unless I am the only person on the planet hoping for this, then I'll just shut up.

I've been catching up on seasons 1 and 2 thanks to DVD. I first saw the show with a couple of the Vogler ep's in season 1, and I've been seeing random season 2 ep's here and there thanks to USA. This show just may be the greatest show in the history of television (that isn't Rocko's Modern Life, that is).

I like these episodes that aren't built around some unsolvable medical mystery but rather showing House in a different environment and being a human being instead.

Yeah, not a bad episode. Interesting if nothing else- sometimes the show can get pretty formulaic, nice to see a change.

Anyone know when the Dave Matthews episode is supposed to air?

I like these episodes that aren't built around some unsolvable medical mystery but rather showing House in a different environment and being a human being instead.

yea anything that delves into the mind of ol Greg is interesting, he is such a complex character. plus the deal about his father abusing him makes sense, if you remmeber their weird intereaction in season 2 when his mom and dad (played by R Lee Emery!) visited.

I'm still holding out hope that Hugh is able to get Rowan Atkinson and Tony Robinson to do an episode of House. I mean hell, if Dave frickin Matthews can be in an episode, why can't Blackadder and Baldrick?

Unless I am the only person on the planet hoping for this, then I'll just shut up.

God no, I'd love that. I'd probably get a bigger thrill out of Robinson being on screen though.

Guest Diablo_Dor

God no, I'd love that. I'd probably get a bigger thrill out of Robinson being on screen though.

BLASPHEMY total and utter blasphemy, the only person who should be pencilled in to be on house is Mr Stephen Fry because the idea of him playing the Room Mate who was just a little better at everything could write itself so easily, is there a better pompous Jackass in the world than Stephen?

Maybe I'm just really desperate for Fry to be famous for something other than the Harry Potter Audio books, but I would kill to see him on house. (ok eww I didn't mean that)

BLASPHEMY total and utter blasphemy, the only person who should be pencilled in to be on house is Mr Stephen Fry because the idea of him playing the Room Mate who was just a little better at everything could write itself so easily, is there a better pompous Jackass in the world than Stephen?

Maybe I'm just really desperate for Fry to be famous for something other than the Harry Potter Audio books, but I would kill to see him on house. (ok eww I didn't mean that)

I wouldn't go so far as to call it blasphemy, but yes, I'd want to see Stephen Fry have a guest turn on House before the other fellows who were mentioned.

And I think Fry is already reasonably famous, though perhaps not to American audicences. Jeeves and Wooster, A Bit of Fry and Laurie, and Blackadder must have given him some recognition. Incidentally, did anyone catch his guest role on Bones this past week? Fry played a shrink who had to evaluate Booth before clearing him to return to work. Very well done, of course, and now that Fry has already worked with Fox, maybe a role on House can be worked out.

House totally became a Batman villain tonight. Wanting to sentence her to a life in a wheelchair so he could rebuild his leg. That's sick and devious and totally awesome.

I now want Hugh Laurie for Two Face. He just sold me.