TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

Next question:

Janus: during the "infancy" of the WC character, his weaknesses were always most obvious against big men, and with the abrupt disappearance of Thugg, Frost and Strangler shortly after I joined, Janus quickly established himself as one of the best big men during my tenure here. He even got the better of me in tag team writing, which almost NEVER happened! I've since gotten better at writing against big men, but I'll have this question mark in the back of my mind as to whether or not I could measure up.

Landon: this mostly comes down to writing style. The reason why I've had such difficulty writing against him is basically because his writing style is better suited to writing my character than my writing style is suited to writing his. In other words, he writes WC better than I write Landon. I always did well against him in the tag division, but that was mostly thanks to Johnny, who is MUCH better at writing against Landon than I could hope to be.

Ejiro: always brought out the best in me. It should come as little surprise that Mark probably knew how to write the WC character better than I do, such was the nature of our feud back in the day. I love being booked against guys like Ejiro, Tom, Pretzler, Mags and Jay, because those guys really force me to raise my game.

Mags: speak of the devil... I still maintain that my losing match against Mags at Ground Zero '05 was my single-greatest match ever: better than my match at 'Fuck '04 against Flesher, better than my Iron Man with Pretzler at 13th Hour, better than the Career match against Johnny, better than the Cage match against Hawke... better than anything I've ever written for this fed, in my opinion... and I couldn't touch Mags; the man is greatness.

Aww, hell, Chewbaca, I don't know...

Mostly because I can't think of too many people that have soundly beaten me on several occassions. That isn't a testament to how good I am, but more of a testament that I write for a few months, leave, come back years later, and do it all again, so there aren't many people hangin' around when I return. Or something. lollerz.

However, I have lost to Toxx twice, and Mags twice or maybe more. I'd honestly say that anyone holding the World title is my toughest opponent, as (And I know everyone gets fucking sick of me saying this, but meh) I'm like, 1-5, if not worse in World title matches. Let's count 'em:

First title match - beat NTD for belt as GOAT

Second title match - lost belt to Rane as GOAT

Third title match - lost to Stubby as Andrea (Fallout and Riley were also in the match)

Fourth title match - lost to Toxxic as Andrea

Fifth title match - lost to Ejiro as Buck

Sixth title match* - lost to Toxxic as Jimmy

* = I had another shot against Ejiro as Buck, but I was either in my "Aw, hell, Chewbaca, I lost a world title match. Time to sulk for at least a month..." phase, or I had limited computron access, or both, or something else, and I think I no-showed. Lolz

Actually, I think I suck in all title matches, not just ones for the World. Hell, I didn't even show for the match that got me the Hardcore belt, Dace wrote the damn thing (Because he had to no-show with JJ as their silly tag team and he couldn't be bothered to have a singles belt, lollerz).

I've gone horribly off topic...BYE NOW, LALZ!

Huh... I'm 1-0 in WHC matches. :P

Of course, I wrote myself to win by DQ (and therefore not win the title), but that's neither here nor there...

I just wish I had made my glorious return during the World title = hot potato phase, where anyone that showed against the champ won the damn belt.

oh wellz.

Off the top of my head, Landon is the only one that comes to mind who got the best of me. Of course, I had matches against writers like Tom, but in the end, I wasn't showing those matches. I'd lost to JJ of course, but Landon is a loss that stung me early on, being my first singles loss as well as my first loss in a gimmick match in a main event. So, I had problems early on writing his character, what with the existance of Cucaracha Int. and that whole aspect of his character not being spotty when I really only knew how to write that way.

I don't recall ever beating Wildchild, either in kayfabe or in writing. His character is a perfectly reasonable wrestling archetype, so it's impossible to use that as an excuse, and the technician's logical disassembly of the high-flyer with limb attacks is an archetypal wrestling storyline, so the styles clash isn't to blame either. I can only conclude that Wildchild is a better writer than I am, or at least my toughest opponent.

I've also surrendered legit losses to a wide variety of freaks, and I plan to include Stephens as number 1a on the list if he beats me again at Genesis.

Which he won't.

Because he likes men.

CIA: You guys just don't know. Z will say it all the time and I'll back him up. CIA was sick. You guys just know of him from those Thoth reports, but coming up in the JL this guy may have been the only person that I thought I couldn't beat if we both showed at our best. Tom wasn't there long enough... and I was a cocky little bitch so take that as you will. He was a great match writer and even better promo. He kept me in the fed when I was thinking about quitting over not getting bumped. Feuding with him made me stick around and looking back, the right decisions were made by CC because we "saved" the JL until the new class was ready to take over by having the feud of the year, making the sWo the stable of the year, co-writing a cage match that had the WFers giving us props and together we got bumped and opened fuckin' G3 as our blowoff. It was my first real feud and probably my favorite.

Tom Flesher: The character and writer. While I have to attribute a lot of my growth as a writer to Flesher because of his insight into amateur freestyle, I couldn't beat the bastard because like WC said of Ejiro he wrote my character better than I do. I literally talked to people I lifted with on the University wrestling team about freestyle pins and the like (I didn't tell them why of course) so that I could hope to come close to Tom's knowledge. Plus, he told me about the Peterson roll. If I ever get a win against him I may stop writing and retire on the spot.

Danny Williams: This guy made my career. It says something that people still talk about our feud and Ironman. It gets mentioned fondly among great feuds of this fed, which has had some unbelievable ones (much better than ours) and it was between two "mid-carders" for the fuckin' US title. It started in a competitive non-title match I won and then the only thing we planned was that it would end in an Ironman. Everything that happened in between involved competitive matches and promos that just went with the flow of who won. I understand the love but still can't believe it's given. Overall, Danny may have written better matches, but that Ironman actually changed my writing style and idea of how to write Mak.

Muzz: When we wrote head-to-head I've never beaten him. I had the privilge to feud with him at the biggest PPV of the year, G4. And I made my comeback as Mak in a feud with him. He's one of the best writers in fed history and since I couldn't beat him, I joined him. I co-wrote a match with Muzz at Clusterfuck that I feel like may be the best match and finishing sequence I was EVER apart of. I think that match gets suprisingly little love considering the story we came up with and tried to tell, five or six hours before the deadline. Danny Williams said he read our match and liked it so much that it brought him out of retirement. That says it all.

Spike gets an honorable mention because we never had that defining competitive match that I had with the above guys. It would have been as Ryan Dustin in the three-war ladder match at G5, but he didn't finish.

Mike - be it TORU, Amy or Tox he seems to be my big stumbling block here in the federation, I've only ever beaten him by no show, he's also the only one I've ever no showed against and I've lost to him competitively 3 times.

One day I will beat him in a competitive match so help me Eddy.

Gotta be Muzz, mainly as Sacred. I think the only competitive win I have was when he was writing as Lezaire and even then that might not have been competitive. I can't remember ever beating him with Sacred, aside from one win via no-show. He's the only one I can remember never being able to one-up no matter what I tried.

Hard to say for me, obviously due to my sporadic to say the least writing habits, but whenever i have been showing i tended to beat the majority of guys i faced. There's never been anyone in the fed i haven't thought i could beat, it's just backing those thoughts up by actually doing anything that's evaded me.

On a pure win/loss basis it pains me to say that it was probably Ash Ketchum. Which i put down to me writing extraordinarily shitty matches against him nearly every time, but still i've lost to him more times than nearly everyone else i've faced combined. That Jumping Mew Driver, it gets you every time.

No doubt: Thugg. I think I beat him once, in a tag match, with like four other people. It got to be so bad it was a mental block. I had a hard time writing matches against him because I knew I was going to lose.

Edwin and Thugg beat Muzz (but then again Edwin and Thugg beat everybody) and Fallout did as well, though he did that during a best of seven series which was all written competitively to the best of my knowledge.

I can't remember that anybody ever beat Muzz when he bothered to show; hell, Mags didn't even beat him...

I did. Crow vs Sean Atlas vs Christian Blackwell, in the JL. It hurts that you've forgotten.

My hardest competitor? Oh, it's definitely gotta be David Blazenwing. Wow, he gave me a run. In all seriousness, it'd probably be Va'aiga.

Edwin and Thugg beat Muzz (but then again Edwin and Thugg beat everybody) and Fallout did as well, though he did that during a best of seven series which was all written competitively to the best of my knowledge.
To be fair, Thugg only wrote one match after I joined the fed, and Fallout and Edwin had both been long since retired.

I can't remember that anybody ever beat Muzz when he bothered to show; hell, Mags didn't even beat him...

I did. Crow vs Sean Atlas vs Christian Blackwell, in the JL. It hurts that you've forgotten.

It's not a question of having forgotten, it's more a matter of I didn't know in the first place: 1) Your run in the JL and mine didn't really coincide, and I didn't read the JL much after I got bumped, and 2) I never knew that Christian Blackwell was Muzz in the first place.

This is a hard one, because mostly I face no-shows. Landon obviously beat me once, but on reflection my match wasn't a good match - it was probably a fairly realistic match, but not a good one (neither man could get any momentum because they'd prepared for each other so well - probably realistic, but not good to read). I thought I turned in a good match against Danny, but lost out on that one - however, I'd like to have one more go at him with Toxxic as a face and see how that works out. Facing Tom in 2004 obviously had me shitting bricks, but he no-showed.

Overall, I'd say that person who recently most gave me pause to think "shiiiiiit" was Bruce for Amy vs Bruce, Boiler Room Brawl. I had to work REALLY hard on that to make it at all feasible for Amy to last as long as she did before I could justify Sean Davis coming in to save her.

My hardest competitor? Oh, it's definitely gotta be David Blazenwing. Wow, he gave me a run. In all seriousness, it'd probably be Va'aiga.

I think I no showed that one as well.

My bogey opponent was Edwin. I think we only faced each other a few times, but he dispatched me easily, causing me to have a spazz after one PPV.

For the people that showed against me....and is probably the only person I faced more than once competitively... Johnny Dangerous whomped me good. Most everyone else I only faced once competitively and racked up a bevy of no-show wins throughout my JL stint.

Landon was a big pain in the ass too, but I have a ton of respect for the guy, and I am fairly certain the match where Clark won the Euro from him in the JL was competitive, so at least I can say he didn't completely shut me out. He went on to later elbow me in the FUCKING EYE to win it back....

...asshole.

I think I no showed that one as well.

My bogey opponent was Edwin. I think we only faced each other a few times, but he dispatched me easily, causing me to have a spazz after one PPV.

No, you did not. I vividly recall your arguing with Zed over his decision.

No, you did not. I vividly recall your arguing with Zed over his decision.

Eh, by that time I was ready to give up Christian. Don't know why you came out of the woodwork to boast though.

Wildchild's misinformation had to be corrected. I don't mean to brag, but I like to boast. ;)

Did you just deliberately quote Rapper's Delight? Well, it's close enough to a quote. Metal.