TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

Next question:

My bogey opponent was Edwin. I think we only faced each other a few times, but he dispatched me easily, causing me to have a spazz after one PPV.

:wub:

I think we had two matches. I thought I was gonna lose both times. Once I won I was like "whoa, maybe I can keep this up."

Frost and TNT got me a couple of times in tag stuff, the bastards. Wargames, and then they beat Raynor and I for the tag belts. They had a really great balance. Hey, has anyone else done Wargames since? I haven't followed closely enough to know. If not, get 8-10 people together, write about 20 promos between the lot of you to set everything up, and then do it. I was pissed for a week when we lost but the whole thing was totally awesome overall, and watching PromoWars unfold is my second-fondest memory of all this. (The Grand Slam retirement angle is my fondest.)

I don't think that the roster's been strong enough to support a Wargames since at least 2003; if we tied ten characters up in one match, there might not be enough actual writers to do another competitive match on the whole show. The closest we've had to having a strong enough roster to do a Wargames was when we did that 8-man at A2A in '03.

EDIT - You know, now that I go back and look at it, that was a kick-ass show: Annie vs Janus as the curtain jerker (!!!), Dace vs. Duran, Danny vs. Va'aiga, Thugg (as Bastion) vs. Xstasy were the undercard, and just about any one of those matches could have main evented Ground Zero.

Edited by Mr. S£im Citrus

I don't think that the roster's been strong enough to support a Wargames since at least 2003; if we tied ten characters up in one match, there might not be enough actual writers to do another competitive match on the whole show. The closest we've had to having a strong enough roster to do a Wargames was when we did that 8-man at A2A in '03.

EDIT - You know, now that I go back and look at it, that was a kick-ass show: Annie vs Janus as the curtain jerker (!!!), Dace vs. Duran, Danny vs. Va'aiga, Thugg (as Bastion) vs. Xstasy were the undercard, and just about any one of those matches could have main evented Ground Zero.

That was probably one of my favorite matches ever... (the ME to A2A03) ...even though I was sort of pulling for the heels to win (after hearing the idea of not having it in the arena), the finish with WC finally pinning Ejiro was amazing and a perfect ending to the match.

Janus: during the "infancy" of the WC character, his weaknesses were always most obvious against big men, and with the abrupt disappearance of Thugg, Frost and Strangler shortly after I joined, Janus quickly established himself as one of the best big men during my tenure here. He even got the better of me in tag team writing, which almost NEVER happened! I've since gotten better at writing against big men, but I'll have this question mark in the back of my mind as to whether or not I could measure up.

You were rather troublesome to write against yourself, and every time I pondered if I'd pull out the win. I consider myself lucky (and maybe even talented) to have pulled it off against you on multiple occasions. Even if there seemed to be a huff over the victory every time it happened, but such is life, as it were.

Aside from WC, props go out to Toxxic (though the strap match was decidedly unfair). And in my budding years, having to write against Ejiro for the Euro/Ejiropean title was another challenge. There's probably a few others I struggled against, but memory is never the best.

Were we ever active at the same time J? I don't remember us ever facing each other.

JL Mall Brawl, Christian Blackwell.

....that's about it, I think. No one on ones, I'm pretty sure...

Edited by janusd

My bogey opponent was Edwin. I think we only faced each other a few times, but he dispatched me easily, causing me to have a spazz after one PPV.

Hey, has anyone else done Wargames since? I haven't followed closely enough to know. If not, get 8-10 people together, write about 20 promos between the lot of you to set everything up, and then do it. I was pissed for a week when we lost but the whole thing was totally awesome overall, and watching PromoWars unfold is my second-fondest memory of all this. (The Grand Slam retirement angle is my fondest.)

Whether or not the roster has been strong enough to support WarGames since 2003 is debateable (I think it's been close at least once or twice each year), but there have been several people I know of that tossed the idea around. I'd like to think their fatal mistake has been sharing their idea with me, since I tend to spiritedly advise them that they're fucking crazy.

-Z

Edited by realitycheck

I just came backl to the thread and saw this:

watching PromoWars unfold is my second-fondest memory of all this. (The Grand Slam retirement angle is my fondest.)

Wow. Considering all of the amazing things you did in your career, that is a compliment beyond compare. Thank you. The retirement angle with Edwin is certainly the best written match I was ever a part of. In fact, that and the Hell in a Cell against King (my other, and final, retirement) are the only two matches I go back and read frequently.

Which just goes to prove...

SWF Kliq 4 Life!!

You were rather troublesome to write against yourself, and every time I pondered if I'd pull out the win. I consider myself lucky (and maybe even talented) to have pulled it off against you on multiple occasions. Even if there seemed to be a huff over the victory every time it happened, but such is life, as it were.
I got over it.