TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

Nip/Tuck

I believe there is a fanbase of this show here and while I'm sure alot of people were turned away by the horrible finale of Season 3, I thought the first episode of the new season was fairly decent as it didn't seem as outlandish as usual.

Giving the baby that disfigurement was kinda out there but I guess a handicap like blindness, retardation or anything along those lines would be too generic for this show.

I was disapointed how quickly they turned Brooke Shields into just another page in Christian's book. I think they could have made her an more interesting character by not caring for his charms.

I'm not sure if the "gay" angle planted is going to end up going well.

Is Matt going to be gone all season? I thought I read that the actor left show, so I'm assuming they'll keep doing the "He'll come home when he's ready" routine or just do an off-screen death.

I hadn't heard about him leaving the show...his name is still in the opening credits.

I tried to watch as much as I could but my daughter was around a lot so I had to turn the channel constantly.

man, why the &$##@ did I highlight the spoiler?

anyway.. I thought last night's episode was a good one, if a little semi-predictable. The only reason I say that is because from day one, the show has been about Sean and Christian's relationship with one another.. and I guess this just seems like the unspoken thing between them that someone (the psychologist) finally just says out loud.

I'm excited for this season =)

Very good episode last night. The stuff with the mother/daughter tandem, and Sean's comment on Christian's new decor ("why do you have a statue of a cock?") was good stuff.

I was a little underwhelmed by the season's start. I don't mind Christian backdooring Brook UNLESS she's going to be a regular, then it's just lazy Christian Bang Bang Bang storyline.

"Mom, he won't kiss me."

that one made me laugh

Much better ep tonight than lask week, imo. Good to see Matt back. He always seems to have the most interesting storylines on the show. This scientology/involvement with Kimber thing may be one of this season's best. Good advancement with the "Is Christian gay/bi" storyline. Looks like we'll get even more "advancement" when Christian apparently takes a shower with A.C. Slater next week.

so far, this has been a decent season...it's actually better not having something like The Carver around for the backstory...last season it felt like things were just kinda plodding along so they could stretchthe Carver reveal to the last episode of the season. So far, this season seems more solid.

I do have a complaint though...we are seeing waaaaaaaay too much man ass this season as opposed to seasons past. Look Ryan Murphy, I understand you're gay and that's cool, but that doesn't mean your entire male audience is also gay.

Yeah, all the storylines are boring and predictable this season. It feels like a season that is going nowhere fast and it knows it's going nowhere fast.

I'll keep watching but I've been disappointed so far. Just nothing worth noting.

Remember when they used to show a lot of surgery on Nip/Tuck? Now they basically never show it. And they used to focus a lot more on the patients each week, again they barely even show them now.

This show has gotten so over-the-top it is boring. Nothing can surprise anymore because the entire thing is just so overdone. I'm basically giving up on it.

So after two seasons, carving faces, they move to the kidneys.

The show is completely throwing shit to the wall.

man, I was thinking this exact same thing last night....we go from penis-less, serial raping face slasher to kidney theiving hookers

So after two seasons, carving faces, they move to the kidneys.

The show is completely throwing shit to the wall.

man, I was thinking this exact same thing last night....we go from penis-less, serial raping face slasher to kidney theiving hookers

It says alot when a Rosie O Donnell sex scene isn't that shocking/digusting.

That being said, I loved the husband and the daughter and wish they were regulars.

now we're going to get into the statutory rape plotline...zzzzzzzzzzz

was anyone else hoping that the Scientologists that saved Matt would actually turn out to be the kidnapper guys just dressed up as Scientologists? oh and how the heck does that runt get away from 3 seasoned kidnapping pros anyway? I mean, he fucking OUTMUSCLED two guys at once! At no point in this series have I been lead to believe that Matt is powerful enough to do that.

The biggest problem they are hitting by keeping people on the show who had surgery is none of them looking like they had any. The girl who is about to do the rape storyline looks exactly the same, Rosie looked exactly the same, and it just never seems to change.

It was better when characters would just get surgery and we'd never see them again or they had work done on an area you could fake like breasts or ass implants.

now we're going to get into the statutory rape plotline...zzzzzzzzzzz

was anyone else hoping that the Scientologists that saved Matt would actually turn out to be the kidnapper guys just dressed up as Scientologists? oh and how the heck does that runt get away from 3 seasoned kidnapping pros anyway? I mean, he fucking OUTMUSCLED two guys at once! At no point in this series have I been lead to believe that Matt is powerful enough to do that.

They did make it a point to show that Matt was working out, both in the garage and at the gym, earlier this season.

I agree with some of the sentiments in this thread, but overall I am enjoying this season quite a bit, and I'm surprised that some of you think the fact that it's over the top is bad. Nip/Tuck is at it's best when it's over the top. The Carver? The rival plastic surgeon whose name I forget kidnapping Christian to do a face transplant? The entire Eva saga? You can't tell me those were all normal, and that NOW they're starting to go nuts - the show has always been twisted.

working out does not automatically equal mad fighting skills...3 grown men who were experienced in kidnapping were overpowered, man...COME ON

Technichally, he only overpowered two. Then he just outran them.

Even so, I agree with you, it's a bit of a stretch.

The first 1.5 seasons or so would good. I would say it jumped the shark when it was revealed that Famke was a man. It had been a bit ludicrous before that but that really sealed the deal.

The first season really wasn't that crazy at all. It also seemed a lot rawer and edgier. Like I said, nothing can surprise now because any zany shit can happen at any time.

There's nothing likable about him at all. Even when you're supposed to feel remorse/sympathy/etc. for him, you can't, because of how unlikable the character is.

It doesn't help that he's running the same storyline every season.

"How can I rebel against my parents and fuck up my life this year?"

-- Fall in love with my life coach whose son is as old as me.

-- Fall in love with a crazy neo-nazi bitch.

-- Become a scientologist.

Rather than running him through this cycle over and over again, they should've kept following up on the Eva fallout. I know some people here didn't care for it, but I thought the beginning of his spiral-out-of-control in Season 3 (going to the tranny bar, then beating the shit out of that girl for being pre-op) was actually kind of interesting (and a little scary). I was expecting him to go into a full blown sexual identity crisis, but they ended up cutting it pretty short, and just went back to the "Let's see what wacky people Matt will get involved with next!" routine.

The first 1.5 seasons or so would good. I would say it jumped the shark when it was revealed that Famke was a man. It had been a bit ludicrous before that but that really sealed the deal.

Guess we're liking the show for different reasons, then, because I thought the first season was the weakest. It picked up towards the end (the episode with Sean talking to his cadaver head sticks out), but mostly it felt to me like a vanilla, run of the mill soap opera, with slightly more likeable characters. Season 2 took on a nice bit of dark humor, and the stories started getting a little stranger, a little more demented, which is what hooked me on the series in the first place.

Edited by chirs3

I'm almost in the exact same boat as you...I didn't latch onto this show until the last 4 or 5 episodes of the first season...hell I didn't see the first 8 episodes until they replayed them all this past year. I will also fully admit that the amount of sex and cursing on cable TV pulled me in and the actual plot and characters kept me there.