TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Fucking Wisconsin

Guest Teal-y Dan
Authorities are searching for three men who stole about $24,000 worth of beer from a trucking company in Racine County.

The suspects pulled up about 2 a.m. Monday in semi tractors stolen from a business southwest of Chicago in Will County, Ill., Mount Pleasant police said.

middlebrooks_story1.jpg

Authorities are searching for three men who stole about $24,000 worth of beer from a trucking company in Racine County.

The suspects pulled up about 2 a.m. Monday in semi tractors stolen from a business southwest of Chicago in Will County, Ill., Mount Pleasant police said.

middlebrooks_story1.jpg

¿Por qué tienen que ser negro?

¡Racista!

Guest Teal-y Dan
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Rather than rain or snow, or even dogs, postal workers in a West Side neighborhood near Owen Conservation Park are being pestered by wild turkeys this spring. Mara Wilhite, manager of the Hilldale Station Post Office, said she expected to deal with all manner of issues when she went to work for the U.S. Post Office. But that was not one of them.

"Just when you thought you'd heard it all," she said.

About five to 10 of the birds have been pecking at the postal workers as they make their rounds, and some of the birds have attacked the letter carriers with the sharp spurs on their legs. One of the birds went through the open door of a mail truck and scratched the driver.

Wilhite sought help in the matter from Eric Lobner, regional wildlife program supervisor for the state Department of Natural Resources.

Lobner said the behavior is clearly tied to the breeding season, which started recently and runs through about mid-May.

Color plays an important role in turkey breeding, he said, with the color of the male's head during mating season changes from gaudy blue to white to red. Lobner speculated that perhaps the turkeys are attracted to the red, white and blue postal trucks.

Much like dogs, Wisconsinite turkeys hate mailmen, I guess.

You know, I've been thinking about a long-distance move... Mark Wisconsin off my list. I can't even think of anything along these lines that've happened around here.

That may be both a good and bad thing.

Link on the same page:

Cow-hitting good Samaritan arrested for OWI

Bill Novak — 4/24/2008 6:22 pm

Helen McCollum says she was just trying to help a guy staggering down the highway after he had hit a cow in the middle of the road.

Instead, she was arrested on a drunken driving charge after hitting the same cow, which did not survive.

"I was helping this guy and I was busted," McCollum called The Capital Times to say today. "This is why people don't stop and help others anymore."

The Dane County Sheriff's Office reported that Michael Geisler, 43, Edgerton, hit the cow standing in the middle of Wisconsin 73 shortly after 3 a.m. Wednesday morning. The accident happened near County B. Geisler was slightly injured, the sheriff's office said, but refused to be taken to the hospital. He was not charged with any traffic violations.

Map View Map

McCollum, 50, who bartends on Tuesday nights at the Utica Bar -- just down the road on County B from the intersection -- lives in Cambridge and was going home after closing up for the night when she came upon the accident scene.

"I'm driving along and I see this car with the airbags hanging out the windows," she said. "While I'm looking at the car, I ran over the cow he just hit."

McCollum stopped her car, got out and went to see how Geisler was.

"I put him in my car and called 911," she said.

McCollum said she had one drink after work -- a glass of Dr. McGillicuddy schnapps -- which resulted in her arrest for driving while intoxicated. If convicted, it would be her second.

"I put out some snacks that night for my customers, to thank them for their cards and phone calls because my dad died last week," she said. "I wasn't drinking at all all evening. After I cleaned up the bar after closing, I had one glass of Doctor to mellow out."

She wasn't too mellow after the Sheriff's Office deputy arrived.

"The deputy smelled it on my breath so he made me do the whole test for drunk driving," she said.

The test was going along OK until she had to do the straight walk.

"I was shaking," McCollum said. "I just ran over a big-assed cow."

She passed the breathalyzer test the first time it was administered, she said, but policy dictates a second test a short while later because deputies are supposed to observe subjects for 20 minutes.

"I blew a .11," she said, and a blood-alcohol content of .08 percent is legally drunk in Wisconsin.

"They handcuffed me and took me away."

The thing that bothers McCollum the most is getting busted after being a good samaritan.

"My car has a damaged undercarriage, but the guy at the body shop said I could have driven it after hitting the cow," she said. "I see this guy, hurt, walking in a daze out in the road, and I get busted. They didn't even ask me how I was.

"This is why people don't stop anymore," she said. "They are scared to stop because of what might happen if they do."

When McCollum called 911, she said the dispatcher didn't believe she hit a cow.

"They told me I was the second person to call in to report a cow in the road that day," she said.

McCollum has to appear in court on May 19 on her drunken driving charge.

Bill Novak — 4/24/2008 6:22 pm

That's the problem with breathalyzers: they're often wildly inaccurate. There's a hundred variables that can skew the results one way or another. (Remember the scene with McLovin the cops messing with the breathalyzer in Superbad? You can really do that, if you know how.) And even if the blood-alcohol results themselves were dead on, that still ignores the fact that different people's bodies react differently to the same amount of alcohol. One person can be acting goofy and wasted on a 0.05, while another could be over the 0.1 limit but still seem completely sober.

Racine Boy Wants To Be Prom Queen

By Erik Bilstad

Story Created: May 1, 2008

Story Updated: May 1, 2008

School administrators in Racine are keeping a student's name off the prom queen ballot.

Uriel Gomez is a gay student at Racine Park High School and this week his fellow students nominated him to a list of seniors who might get on the prom court...the girls' list.

It's early in the process, and eventually, students will elect a court for the prom in two weeks. Once that's chosen, they will select a king and queen from that list.

Gomez tells the Racine Journal-Times he doesn't understand why they won't let him be on the ballot, since he was voted onto the list legitimately.

This wouldn't be the first time something like this would happen at the school.

Former Park High and current Wisconsin Badgers running back John Clay dressed in women's clothing and won the Miss Legs contest, a homecoming tradition.

Gomez questions how this is any different.

Guest College Party

Park is the Mexican one, Horlick is the black one, Case is the white one, right? Or is it Case=black, Park=white, Horlick=Mexican? I can't keep my Racine ghetto high schools straight. Does David Blazenwing still post here?

Ah fuck it.........

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. — A woman shot her daughter, 8, in the thigh with a BB gun to win a $1 bet with her boyfriend, authorities say.

Angelique Vandeburg, 28, was charged with one felony count of intentional child abuse and released on a $5,000 signature bond Friday.

Investigators began looking into the incident last week after a school counselor reported it to police. The girl had been shot earlier, but a bruise remained on her thigh, the counselor said.

The girl said the shooting occurred after her mother drank 10 to 12 beers.

Guest College Party

"Fucking North Shore" is not yet ready for a spinoff, so here's a backdoor pilot:

WINNETKA, Ill. - A high school senior has been charged with misdemeanor computer tampering for allegedly breaking into the school's electronic student records.

Eighteen-year-old Jonah Greenthal of Glencoe turned himself in to police Wednesday. He could face up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted of hacking into New Trier Township High School's computer system.

Winnetka Police Deputy Chief Patrick Kreis says school staff contacted his office in February. They noticed a hacker working from a computer on school grounds.

Kreis says staffers walked around the school looking at students' computer screens and caught Greenthal looking at the information.

Some students and parents say Greenthal's suspension for three months was enough punishment.

A woman who answered the door at the Greenthals' home declined to comment.

How Ferris Bueller. Not as impressive as that time five years ago when the Glenbrook North powderpuff team hazed those girls by putting shit in their hair or whatever.

Guest College Party

Sacrifice to the Favre-God, like Santeria for fat Germans.