TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Benoit is one of the only reasons I watch nowadays so him getting injured for any time longer then 6-8 months would probably kill off any interest I have.

Incidentally, Rudo and I were discussing programs that would get us back into watching WWE programming and it was agreed that Benoit vs Taker is at the top of that pile.

Guest Fook

From Cawthon's site:

August 14, 2000

Raw is War

The Undertaker defeated Chris Benoit (w/ Shane McMahon) via disqualification at 2:54 when Shane interfered with a chair; Kane made the save after the match only to attack the Undertaker, chokeslam him through the canvas, and drive off on his bike

August 19, 2000

House Show

The Undertaker defeated Chris Benoit

August 29, 2000

Smackdown

The Undertaker defeated Chris Benoit via disqualification

From Cawthon's site:

August 14, 2000

Raw is War

The Undertaker defeated Chris Benoit (w/ Shane McMahon) via disqualification at 2:54 when Shane interfered with a chair; Kane made the save after the match only to attack the Undertaker, chokeslam him through the canvas, and drive off on his bike

August 19, 2000

House Show

The Undertaker defeated Chris Benoit

August 29, 2000

Smackdown

The Undertaker defeated Chris Benoit via disqualification

In other words, basically didn't happen. Taker vs Benoit would be interesting since it hasn't happened. I don't get how that program has slipped by so many times. I guess Taker is too busy teaching the younger wrestlers to respect him.

I can't believe they haven't been paired up any more than they have been. Also from Cawthon's site, talking about the December 2, 2000 - Rebellion match I mentioned before:

The Undertaker pinned Chris Benoit with an inside cradle at 12:18 as Benoit attempted to apply a figure-4; immediately prior to the bout, Benoit and Taker had a confrontation backstage in which Taker was beaten down and sustained an injured knee at the hands of Benoit, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, and Perry Saturn; when Taker failed to appear, Benoit grabbed the mic and cut a promo saying he should win the match on a forfeit; Taker's music played a second time and again he failed to appear; as Tony Chimel announced Benoit as the winner via forfeit, Taker's music played a third time and he came out

- WWE is in talks with a celebrity to appear on RAW tomorrow night. According to Dave Meltzer, the person is not a household name but if it happens, it "will be quite amusing because it'll be the public acknowledgement of something the company tries to publicly deny."

Any ideas?

Besides Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, and AJ Styles, has there been any other Cruiserweight Champions that went on to become World Champions?

- WWE is in talks with a celebrity to appear on RAW tomorrow night. According to Dave Meltzer, the person is not a household name but if it happens, it "will be quite amusing because it'll be the public acknowledgement of something the company tries to publicly deny."

Any ideas?

Probably somebody who's been investigated for steroid use in the past.

Any ideas?

Probably somebody who's been investigated for steroid use in the past.

But Vince has been on RAW every week for a while now. :huh:

Word going around is that Tim White is going through all of this to debut New Jack. On an upcoming show, Tim White will finally cut a promo in the middle of the ring, and proclaim that since he can't get the job done himself, he has brought in someone who can do it for sure - then out will come New Jack.

My guess is that someone will come out to prevent New Jack from killing Tim White, which will then lead to White being the manager of Jack, to take on whoever it is that will interfere.

New Jack in a short term role would be fantastic. I somehow doubt it'll happen though.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Any ideas?

Canseco

Besides Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, and AJ Styles, has there been any other Cruiserweight Champions that went on to become World Champions?

Raven won the WCW Cruiserweight title as Scotty Flamingo in the early 90s and went on to become ECW and TNA World Champion.

Other than that, it seems Christian may, as he had the WWF Light Heavyweight and SHOULD get the TNA title soon... but thus far, only one I am aware of you did not say would be Raven under two different gimmicks.

After 50 pages, here's my first contribution to this thread:

For the last three weeks, Edge kept saying that he wouldn't go down as a "transitional champion." Cute attempt at trying to use insider lingo, but not really applicable here. A transitional champion is someone who has a short reign with a title for the express purpose of getting the belt from one wrestler to another without those two having to actually face each other.

So if Edge won the belt FROM Cena and then lost it BACK to him, exactly what transition was made?

"In an interview with Mike Mooneyham of the Charleston Post and Courier, Shawn Michaels said that he wants Bret Hart to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

"Honestly I wish he would," he said. "Whatever it is that's keeping him from coming back - it's hard to believe it's still gotta be me - but if it is then I won't go. He ought to come back and end his career on a different note. Right now he's single-handedly made himself famous by being the Survivor Series guy and the bitter guy. I would want him to close his career differently. So if took me not going to the banquet to make that happen, I'm fine with that.""

I thought I read that Bret said the reason he hasn't agreed to be inducted is that he's afraid he'd get too emotional, and that he's not ready yet, or something like that.

- WWE is hiring seat-fillers for empty on-camera seats at the TV tapings and PPV events. They are told to be polite, brings signs, and not drink too much, among other guidelines.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

That's worse than WCW giving free tickets.

That photo of Vince makes me want to see a posing contest between him and Scott Steiner.

"In an interview with Mike Mooneyham of the Charleston Post and Courier, Shawn Michaels said that he wants Bret Hart to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

"Honestly I wish he would," he said. "Whatever it is that's keeping him from coming back - it's hard to believe it's still gotta be me - but if it is then I won't go. He ought to come back and end his career on a different note. Right now he's single-handedly made himself famous by being the Survivor Series guy and the bitter guy. I would want him to close his career differently. So if took me not going to the banquet to make that happen, I'm fine with that.""

If this is true and its not Vince talking through him to get Bret into the HOF, then this is really big of the guy. However, like I said...IF

Guest Askewniverse

When did AJ Styles win a major cruiserweight title?

When did AJ Styles win a major cruiserweight title?

I am assuming he's comparing the X title to the CW titles.

Guest Masterpiece

How come in the Royal Rumble last night Chavo Guerrero went inbetween the ropes and started climbing the turnbuckle, but got pushed off by Triple H and was eliminated? I thought you had to go over the top rope....

How come in the Royal Rumble last night Chavo Guerrero went inbetween the ropes and started climbing the turnbuckle, but got pushed off by Triple H and was eliminated? I thought you had to go over the top rope....

Because he is the Game, and he is that damn good.