TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

I know Foley winning would probably be a pretty bad idea, but I just have no idea how I can bring myself to root against him. He was my favorite wrestler for three years, I loved his commisioner role, and when I met him he seemed like a really really cool guy. Interestingly, at his book signing, Edge was currently out with an injury, and he called Foley during the signing, and Foley put the phone up to the mic so he could say hi to the fans.

The only reason why Mysterio won the Rumble was because WWE didn't want a heel winning it.

does Foley even have anymore rub to give?

I would say so, he did put Orton over big time. Its not like he's a glorified jobber like Ric Flair.

And check out Foley's blog while you're there.

"Despite what I have read and heard over the years about the WWE fan demographic, I have personally found in East Rutherford, N.J., our fans to be just about everywhere: football games, baseball games, basketball games, Six Flags, etc. Everywhere. Okay, so maybe I wasn’t exactly swamped when my wife took me to the opera, but trust me, WWE fans are well represented in most cross-sections of society. They seemed to be especially well represented that night in East Rutherford, for as I made my way down the 50 or so rows that make up the first level of Giants Stadium, I couldn’t help but overhear the growing wave of recognition that swept over me.

“Hey, it’s Mick Foley … Hey it’s the Hardcore Legend … Hell in a Cell rules … You sure showed up in great shape for that match with Carlito.”

Can someone tell me why nobody puts the sharpshooter on correctly these days? Whenever I've seen it lately, the person who's putting it on leans forward and doesnt sit back, so it doesn't look the slightest bit painfull. "Oh my god... He's got his legs slightly crossed... that looks amazing!" It looks horrible. When Bret or Owen sinched that baby in, they looked like they put effort into it.

Speaking of Foley's blog:

Okay, I hate to end “Foley is BLOG” on a down note, but after watching the Royal Rumble on Sunday, I couldn’t help but feel that I’d been witness to the beginning of the decline of Edge’s career. I give him all the credit in the world for climbing the mountaintop — a feat many never envisioned for him — and one he accomplished through hard work and a history of great matches. But I’m not sure if Edge will ever make it to the top again. And that’s sad. For in my opinion, Edge didn’t fall off that mountaintop; he was pushed.

Figured it was way too early to start the Raw thread, so this goes here.

Starting on Monday night, WWE is running a tournament to determine who gets the WWE Title shot at WrestleMania 22.

Rob Van Dam vs. Carlito

Chris Masters vs. Kane

Triple H vs. Ric Flair

Shawn Michaels vs. Big Show

It's a foregone conclusion, I guess, that Triple H is winning this thing. I see the tournament going something like:

RVD over Carlito

Masters over Kane

HHH over Flair

Show over Michaels

Then

RVD over Masters

HHH over Show

And finally, Triple H can show his superiority over RVD in the final round.

It's strange how they're not including Edge in all this though.

Indeed. That was one of the worst booking moves in years by WWE.

EDIT: I was referring to Edge dropping the strap, since CanadianChick's post was the last one there when I wrote that.

I would say there was a chance of seeing a Carlito/Masters semifinal match, but there's no way WWE would run with either one of them facing Triple H in the finals.

And at this point in their storyline, it wouldn't make sense for Masters to help Carlito out anyway.

I see Masters costing Carlito his match 'by mistake', and then Carlito doing the same thing to Masters. Hunter is beating Flair and Vince will cost Shawn his match in some fashion. RVD will beat Kane and Hunter will beat Show, and in the final Hunter gets to squash RVD and make sure that everyone knows where RVD's place is.

So on his way to winning the title he gets to damage Edge (lost the title so the face Cena could have it in order to face HHH in the first place), RVD, and the world champion Cena?

It's going to be fun reading threads here for the next couple of months. :)

And to make things even more obvious, go to WWE.com and watch the video on the main page called "King of Kings". Yeah...

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/494.../hhhkingofkings

Figured it was way too early to start the Raw thread, so this goes here.

Starting on Monday night, WWE is running a tournament to determine who gets the WWE Title shot at WrestleMania 22.

Rob Van Dam vs. Carlito

Chris Masters vs. Kane

Triple H vs. Ric Flair

Shawn Michaels vs. Big Show

It's a foregone conclusion, I guess, that Triple H is winning this thing. I see the tournament going something like:

RVD over Carlito

Masters over Kane

HHH over Flair

Show over Michaels

Then

RVD over Masters

HHH over Show

And finally, Triple H can show his superiority over RVD in the final round.

It's strange how they're not including Edge in all this though.

After RVD, Triple H is the guy I'll be pulling for most in this. He's been out of the main event scene for nearly a year. He still kinda sucks, but he's not the same guy from 02 and 03, either. He's one of the few "big names" left from the last boom period, and as long as his match isn't the main event (which it won't be, in all likelihood), he makes a good main event with either Cena (a wild, raucous brawl) or Edge (young lion vs. old, good story to it). And it makes my ideal Mania card one step closer...

That all being said, nothing would rule like RVD in the WWE Championship match at Mania.

transition: passage from one state, stage, or subject to another

Since Edge won the belt from Cena and then lost it right back to him, what exactly did he transition to, which would warrant him being called a "transitional champion?"

And to make things even more obvious, go to WWE.com and watch the video on the main page called "King of Kings". Yeah...

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/494.../hhhkingofkings

Gee, I wonder who's going to win the tournament?

And just in case we've forgotten who Triple H is WWE.com have put up hand links to his photos, videos, merchandise, and WWE 24/7 matches. God bless 'em.

Since Edge won the belt from Cena and then lost it right back to him, what exactly did he transition to, which would warrant him being called a "transitional champion?"

I actually wondered that myself. If anything, Cena will be the transitional champ come WM.

More approriate names would be "belt warmer" or "Ronnie Garvin" (if you get the old school reference)

They should change Mark Henry's gimmick so he throws barrels at people and kidnaps divas and hides in the rafters. He could feud with Nunzio and Vito.

Guest Dr Stupid
I could see RVD winning the tournament and then getting screwed out of the #1 contender spot by HHH on SNME.

The way I see that HHH is gonna be booked, with his King of Kings stuff, as the strongest/best thing to ever walk this earth. He's gonna win all the matches in the tourny clean, burying everyone in his path.

Shawn Michaels often travels alone and no longer has a strong connection with the other wrestlers. He remains upset about how he was treated during the booking for his match with Hulk Hogan.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

They should change Mark Henry's gimmick so he throws barrels at people and kidnaps divas and hides in the rafters. He could feud with Nunzio and Vito.

LMAO. Mark Henry would be the perfect DK. They could even bring back Captain Lou Albano to reprise his role as Mario.

Shawn Michaels often travels alone and no longer has a strong connection with the other wrestlers. He remains upset about how he was treated during the booking for his match with Hulk Hogan.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

My heart bleeds...