TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest jm29195

I don't suppose any UK people could tell me whether or not Silvervision is planning on releasing a boxset with all the 2005 ppvs in it, I know there's already one out in the US, but with all the 2005 events now commercially available in the UK is was wondering if and when such a boxset will be released over here?

WWE.com: Is there anyone in particular you’d like to get in the ring with?

Chuck Palumbo: Three guys I’d really like to get in the ring with are Undertaker, Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Those are the guys. They know the business inside and outside the ring. The opportunity to work with those guys brings you up another level. There’s no one better than those three.

Make sure you shake his hand before the match and then stiff the hell out of him Chuck. That dude was genuinely nice when I saw him when WCW came to Oz in 2000.

I don't suppose any UK people could tell me whether or not Silvervision is planning on releasing a boxset with all the 2005 ppvs in it, I know there's already one out in the US, but with all the 2005 events now commercially available in the UK is was wondering if and when such a boxset will be released over here?

I would say that they will do at some point. I mean, they've done it for the past couple of years so I don't see why this year would be any different.

He offers the best looking punch in the company! Besides, he's tons better than guys like Tomko & Snitsky, and I'd put him above Masters, too. And I'd rather watch Chuck than Kane's or HBK's tired schtick. He was loads of fun as 1/2 of Chuck & Billy, as well as in the FBI (I still say they should have made him Christian's "problem solver" instead of Tomko). If nothing else, he can be a solid midcard/tag team guy.

I'd like to see them bring back Stamboli, too. Nunzio & Stamboli were really getting over as faces when Stamboli was let go. They really could have done a bunch more w/ the Nunzio/Chuck/Johhny FBI.

Here's my stock Chuck Palumbo story:

I recall watching an episode of WCW Saturday Night, it must have been in some time in '99, IIRC. This particular episode was hyped as featuring several rookie wrestlers making their debuts. One of which was Chuck Palumbo making his very first televised appearance in WCW, wrestling in a singles match. I think he won with the jungle kick, too.

Anyway, Scott Hudson said something during the match along the lines of, "Just think, years from now, we'll be sitting around watching Chuck Palumbo wrestle and saying, 'remember when we saw him debut on WCW Saturday Night?" I laughed my ass off at that, because Palumbo looked like just another long haired jobbronie at the time. This was also when WCW was starting to decline, and it was obvious WCW was bringing in young guys to make up for the fact that a lot of their more talented wrestlers had left. Yet here we are now, and he's coming back to WWE. It's amazing how sometimes the relatively most mediocre wrestlers can somehow parlay themselves into having lengthy careers.

I have been thinking about something all day.

How can Chris Benoit be so VERY mediocre on the mic? His entire career he has been around very charasmatic wrestlers: Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, hell Bret Hart, Kurt Angle...YET he manages to still suck on the mic. The only promo he can do is a cheap pop promo where after every line the fans cheer and those kind of promos are the easiest. Hasn't he learned from constantly being around great mic workers?

I have always liked Chuck Palumbo. He's just a very solid midcarder that has the "look" as well. He should go into the US Title Division first and then just go back to the Tag Team division and be in a Face tag team.

At least Angle can cut a long promo. Angle is way better on the mic then Benoit IMO. I know it's not in Benoit's blood to be great on the mic but you would at least expect him to be able to cut at least 5 minute promos after being around such great mic workers. You'd think they have taught him some stuff. Bret Hart didn't like cutting promos at first but later on he was awesome on the mic.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Oh, and Benoit's mic skills smoke Angles.

"It doesn't matter to the WOLVERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!!"

"COWARD................COWARD..COWARD...........................COWARD"

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Did you have a point?

That Benoit tends to really suck on the mic.

Benoit can't do comedy, he can do intensity. Angle can do comedy, he can't do intensity. I think the problem comes with the type of promos Benoit can do and the type of promos the WWE gives him and the type of promo the fans are accustomed to. The WWE is of the mindset that everything said in a promo has to get a reaction, because that's how wrestling matches are. But that's not necessarily true - wrestling is designed to get a reaction from a crowd, wrestling is where the money is, but promos are what sets up the wrestling and that can be done just by getting across a point - one that the fans think about rather than react to. This is one of the biggest mistakes the WWE makes when writing their television where they structure their promos to illicit immediate reaction rather than actually hyping fans up for the matches the wrestler is promoting on the mic.

Count me in on being a Palumbo fan. Now, if they can resign Stamboli, I'd love to see the FBI back in full force especially with Big Vito around so we can finally have a Mamalukes reunion.

I am willing to give Palumbo a shot. Maybe he has improved. If he took the chance to try and improve I am willing to say that he deserves a chance to prove it.

I have not been impressed much with him in the past, but maybe the time off has given him a chance to actually improve.