TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

If anyone cares, Test was given a tryout match prior to RAW last night.

Didn't he get about 5 years of those?

Yea, pretty much. Wasn't someone on the board saying that hes juiced to near Scott Steiner levels now?

If anyone cares, Test was given a tryout match prior to RAW last night.

Didn't he get about 5 years of those?

Yea, pretty much. Wasn't someone on the board saying that hes juiced to near Scott Steiner levels now?

Just about... no wonder they might bring him back.

brian.jpg

matt.jpg

This is not the same guy. These are two separate guys picked from the WWE tryouts. The WWE will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, get it. Ever. It's over. It's all over. There is no way this company will hit another boom.

I say stick him with an unknown OVW guy (who's ready) and start building the tag division. Gotta start some where.

Guest Showstoppa Icon

Leyla from one of the diva searches was just a briefcase opener on 'Deal or no Deal', thought that was pretty funny

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
brian.jpg

matt.jpg

This is not the same guy. These are two separate guys picked from the WWE tryouts. The WWE will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, get it. Ever. It's over. It's all over. There is no way this company will hit another boom.

One of them appears to frost his hair, the other doesn't. If thats not enough difference for you, you're clearly not paying enough attention,

Benoit can't do comedy, he can do intensity. Angle can do comedy, he can't do intensity. I think the problem comes with the type of promos Benoit can do and the type of promos the WWE gives him and the type of promo the fans are accustomed to.

You've highlighted another problem they have--using the right wrestlers for the right things. If a wrestler can't cut comedy promos, they make him do them anyway, then depush him for not delivering. If a wrestler does spot-fests bests, they make them do punch-kick matches.

If WWE ran a hospital, the cafeteria lady would be doing heart transplants while the doctors work reception.

Supposedly Mark Canterbury is training for a comeback down in OVW. Good god, just what we need again, more Hillbillies. I'd assume Trevor Murdoch will be repackaged as Trevor Godwinn?

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Benoit can't do comedy, he can do intensity. Angle can do comedy, he can't do intensity. I think the problem comes with the type of promos Benoit can do and the type of promos the WWE gives him and the type of promo the fans are accustomed to. The WWE is of the mindset that everything said in a promo has to get a reaction, because that's how wrestling matches are. But that's not necessarily true - wrestling is designed to get a reaction from a crowd, wrestling is where the money is, but promos are what sets up the wrestling and that can be done just by getting across a point - one that the fans think about rather than react to. This is one of the biggest mistakes the WWE makes when writing their television where they structure their promos to illicit immediate reaction rather than actually hyping fans up for the matches the wrestler is promoting on the mic.

Benoit's problem isnt even comedy. He can do that okay at times. His real issue comes when they ask him to react to something. If you do a promo in the back where he's asked to put something over (he did this in both the Angle and HHH feuds over the world title) he sells it well. Maybe a little post production in there as well. But when he has to come out and react to something someone has said or done, it ranges from boring (most of it) to odd (It Doesn't matter to the Wolveriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!) to kind of embarassing (the off rythm "coward" chant at NWO) to fucking off the wall (the indeciperable screaming at Booker and Sharmell after he lost the US title)

Whenever I see a Benoit promo, it just makes me think "What a character." Take that as you will, but basically meaning he's just a guy who seems like his humor is kinda out there, but you will not boo the man because you know he's bad ass and will beat you up if you don't awkwardly chant coward with him.

I dunno. With his presense, it's almost insignificant if Benoit can cut a promo. He doesn't need to cut a promo. And no one will boo Benoit if he has a bad promo because, well, he's Benoit and he's a scary man.

It's sorta like how no one boos Taker if he has an incredibly over the top and horrible promo with stupid special effects. He's bad ass. It almost doesn't matter than he can be terribly embarrassing in promos with this Deadman gimmick.

They need to release a Finlay shirt. A simple green tee with his shield from his Titan Tron on the front. Wouldn't really need anything on the back, but I'd take a simple FINLAY in capital letters. Another idea would be a green tee with I Love to fight on the front, and again FINLAY on the back. Both shirts are shirts I would buy.

Guest Fook

A green shirt with a clover and the words "I LIKE TO FIGHT!" would be perfect for this Friday.

Supposedly Mark Canterbury is training for a comeback down in OVW. Good god, just what we need again, more Hillbillies. I'd assume Trevor Murdoch will be repackaged as Trevor Godwinn?

These guys are being brought back to sit in the Hall Of Fame crowd and clap for Verge Gagne's induction. 1 night deals.

Here's my stock Chuck Palumbo story:

I recall watching an episode of WCW Saturday Night, it must have been in some time in '99, IIRC. This particular episode was hyped as featuring several rookie wrestlers making their debuts. One of which was Chuck Palumbo making his very first televised appearance in WCW, wrestling in a singles match. I think he won with the jungle kick, too.

Anyway, Scott Hudson said something during the match along the lines of, "Just think, years from now, we'll be sitting around watching Chuck Palumbo wrestle and saying, 'remember when we saw him debut on WCW Saturday Night?" I laughed my ass off at that, because Palumbo looked like just another long haired jobbronie at the time. This was also when WCW was starting to decline, and it was obvious WCW was bringing in young guys to make up for the fact that a lot of their more talented wrestlers had left. Yet here we are now, and he's coming back to WWE. It's amazing how sometimes the relatively most mediocre wrestlers can somehow parlay themselves into having lengthy careers.

I think the other one was Elix Skipper; I watched a WCWSN tape with him in it and a comment along those lines. They probably said that a lot during WCWSN's death throes. Always liked SN. Good wrestling show. I miss it.

Guest JoeJoe
Benoit can't do comedy, he can do intensity. Angle can do comedy, he can't do intensity.

In all seriousness. I think you need to get your head checked.

I'm blown away by your ignorance.

You're saying that the scooter-riding, milk-truckin driving, animal-sex loving goofball is more intense then Benoit?

More to the point, you're saying that Benoit isn't intense?

I thought Benoit brought the comedy when he made fun of Orlando Jordan's loss to him in about 25 seconds. 1 week, he makes coffee during that time, the next week, he uses the bathroom. I thought it was great stuff.

I thought Benoit brought the comedy when he made fun of Orlando Jordan's loss to him in about 25 seconds. 1 week, he makes coffee during that time, the next week, he uses the bathroom. I thought it was great stuff.

Agreed. The coffee drinking was brilliant.

Guest jm29195
Benoit's problem isnt even comedy. He can do that okay at times. His real issue comes when they ask him to react to something

What about the Benoit/Eddie promo from SD October 2002- the one where Benoit just stood there and didn't do anything while Guerrero shouted at him- that's the funniest thing Benoit's ever done- although I suppose it;s his lack of reaction that counts more than anything here....

On a PWInsider audio today, the guys say that we're seeing guys like Palumbo and (more than likely) Test making their returns because they want some natural "big guys" on the roster. The reason for that, is because of the new drug testing policy. Since some guys are going to be getting a bit smaller, they want to have these other big guys like Palumbo and Test to return, to fill the gaps that'll be left in the big man category.

If that's true, I think we'll be seeing A-Train pretty soon also.

They also said that Jindrak will more than likely be back soon as well.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Benoit's problem isnt even comedy. He can do that okay at times. His real issue comes when they ask him to react to something

What about the Benoit/Eddie promo from SD October 2002- the one where Benoit just stood there and didn't do anything while Guerrero shouted at him- that's the funniest thing Benoit's ever done- although I suppose it;s his lack of reaction that counts more than anything here....

He didn't say or do anything in that promo. That was an Eddie showcase.

On a PWInsider audio today, the guys say that we're seeing guys like Palumbo and (more than likely) Test making their returns because they want some natural "big guys" on the roster. The reason for that, is because of the new drug testing policy. Since some guys are going to be getting a bit smaller, they want to have these other big guys like Palumbo and Test to return, to fill the gaps that'll be left in the big man category.

If that's true, I think we'll be seeing A-Train pretty soon also.

They also said that Jindrak will more than likely be back soon as well.

I thought Test was gassed to Steiner proportions theses days?

And nothing warrents bringing A-Train back...ever.