TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest Rrrsh

This is really weird.

Anglesault is losing a debate to a partial party. And is defending Angle.

Wow, didnt see that coming.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
But it was Benoit playing the straight-man that put it over the top.

It was Eddie going through eight emotions in a minute that put it over the top.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

DVD MB is reporting Mark Jindrak has been offered a WWE Contract, and HENRY O GODWIN as well

Think he'll be using his "Custom Chucky P" gimmick that he started using on Heat about a week before he was released?

if he uses the same theme, then yea that would be fine. I thought it was awesome for a generic instrumental theme

I think WWE's next non-wrestling business venture should be a reality show. The concept should be like Big Brother, but it features WWE wrestlers in character.

On a PWInsider audio today, the guys say that we're seeing guys like Palumbo and (more than likely) Test making their returns because they want some natural "big guys" on the roster. The reason for that, is because of the new drug testing policy. Since some guys are going to be getting a bit smaller, they want to have these other big guys like Palumbo and Test to return, to fill the gaps that'll be left in the big man category.

If that's true, I think we'll be seeing A-Train pretty soon also.

They also said that Jindrak will more than likely be back soon as well.

From PWInsider:

Former WWE and WCW star Mark Jindrak worked for Deep South Wrestling tonight, the second week in a row he has appeared on the WWE developmental territory's TV tapings. With a number of former names being brought back for new deals, it appears Jindrak is the latest name to add to that list.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing A-Train back, but like Curry said, he should be on Smackdown. I enjoyed his series with Benoit back in late 2003.

Jindrak, on the other hands... yikes. He's too bland.

More:

As we discussed earlier this week in the Elite Section of PWInsider.com, there has been a lot of talk about WWE bringing back former names as of late. For those who have asked if this is at all related to TNA, the answer is no. There has been an edict issued to bring back taller, more imposing performers, which is why names like Mark Jindrak, Henry Godwin, Chuck Palumbo, and Andrew "Test" Martin have popped up with tryout matches of late. This is likely a runoff of the WWE Wellness program, since wrestlers are going to get smaller as they cycle off whatever they are using, so WWE wants bigger monsters to retain the freak factor of imposing talents. I'm surprised Matt Morgan, who has more of an upside then any of the aforementioned, isn't back in the fold yet, but I've also heard there will be more names contacted for tryouts.

Guest Quik

Perry Saturn has been doing Indy shows in the Milwaukee area. He went back to the moppy gimmick, it's pretty sad.

Shawn Stasiak was in a pretty bad motorcycle accident about 3 months ago. It doesn't look like he'll ever wrestle again.

Perry Saturn has been doing Indy shows in the Milwaukee area. He went back to the moppy gimmick, it's pretty sad.

So Saturn bought a new mop? Because Raven put the old "Moppy" in the woodchipper in 2001 during their WWE feud.

More:

As we discussed earlier this week in the Elite Section of PWInsider.com, there has been a lot of talk about WWE bringing back former names as of late. For those who have asked if this is at all related to TNA, the answer is no. There has been an edict issued to bring back taller, more imposing performers, which is why names like Mark Jindrak, Henry Godwin, Chuck Palumbo, and Andrew "Test" Martin have popped up with tryout matches of late. This is likely a runoff of the WWE Wellness program, since wrestlers are going to get smaller as they cycle off whatever they are using, so WWE wants bigger monsters to retain the freak factor of imposing talents. I'm surprised Matt Morgan, who has more of an upside then any of the aforementioned, isn't back in the fold yet, but I've also heard there will be more names contacted for tryouts.

Henry Godwin is the one who didn't become Mideon, I assume?

Guest nosneb

More:

Henry Godwin is the one who didn't become Mideon, I assume?

Correct. He had to retire in 98 due to a neck injury. He apparently work OVW this week and had a pretty ugly match. However its his first match in 8 years.

I think its a mistake to bring him back of all people. The only thing I can see them doing with him is an abyss type character, but they have that in Kane. Should be intersting to see how out of shape he is

Saturn was a great wrestler. I thought they would hire him back after he risked his life to save a girl from being raped (something like that, it was heroic). I like Test coming back, he looks like he's going to turn you sideways and I loved The Boot. Luther Reigns would be cool as well, he had impressive mic skills.

I just needed to say how much I hate the Vince McMahon persona on RAW and how much HBK has fallen. I have zero interest in the feud and most things in it has been poorly done (like the ridiculous drug segment) or boring (all promos delivered by both men). I just dont feel it on any level.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

1st ever autograph appearance by WWE Legend Outback Jack at :

March 25, 2006 11AM-7PM

Bealcon ‘06

Promoter: Timothy A. Beal

Holiday Inn Baltimore

W. Belmont/Security

1800 Belmont Ave.

Baltimore, MD

Timothy A. Beal, Promoter

[email protected]

304-264-2372

PRESS RELEASE: GREG “THE HAMMER” VALENTINE IN PUBLIC CHALLENGE TO HULK HOGAN

3/17/06

For immediate release

On Tuesday March 14, Promoter Tony Pellicone and Double Play Promotions ran a wildly successful DVD Release party for Captain Lou Albano’s Super Mario Brothers Super Sho w and his Jakks Pacific action figure at the Sugar Bar in New York City.

At the party, Greg Valentine had some strong words to say about Hulk Hogan and followed it up the next morning with the following quote that he requested to be released publicly.

“There has been a rumor— and I believe the rumor is true— that the WWE did want a legends’ match between Hulk Hogan and myself at Wrestlemania. I heard Hogan wanted someone younger and larger, or a bigger name. But as far as a bigger name, there is no bigger name than Greg “The Hammer” Valentine as far as legends go. I want to go on record that I’m challenging him to a wrestling match whether it’s within the confines of the WWE or his reality series, “Hogan Knows Best.” I’m the better wrestler; he’s a showman. I’m issuing this challenge. And I believe he’s a coward.”

I just happened to read the Velocity and Heat spoilers from this past week and noticed that he wrestled dark matches at each show. I looked and didnt see anything posted about it here.

Does anyone know if he's back or if it was a one (or two) shot thing?

Sorry if I missed it and its been spoken about elsewhere.

Hogan vs Valentine belongs on Fox's Celebrity Boxing you know one of those garbage programs that gets on the air when all of the good shows are on hiatus. The undercard can be Rob Van Damn vs Jean Claude Van Damn, Joe Rogan vs Wesley Snipes and the special attration can be Gary Coleman vs Emmanual Lewis.

I for one would love to have Test back for the unintentional comedy factor related to his "acting". I don't know if I've ever laughed so much at someone's pathetic attempt to be serious and menacing as when Test grabbed Trish and told her "I don't take no for an answer" only to be confronted by Nash (leading to a match that brought us one step closer to the apocalypse).

Guest InuYasha

I still think Test's best moment was when he really tried to sell Scott Steiner's Superman Dive of Death at that PPV a few years back. :asshole2:

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I have a perverse desire to see a Test vs. Randy Orton or John Cena post Wrestlemania title feud. I also hope Test does my favorite trademark spot of his. The one where they get to a point where in any other match something interesting would happen, but Test SWERVES us and does nothing interesting.

That was awesome when Test absolutely squashed Kevin Nash within like 3 minutes.

The irony of that was that the Kevin Nash rip-off beat Kevin Nash.