TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest Fook
Am I the only one who found it incredibly ironic that the Wrestlemania ME vs. ME match was a curtain jerker?

Everyone knows Shawn vs Vince is the real main event, just like Hogan vs. Vince was a few years ago.

Come on, Vince knows what is good for business. And what's good for business is making sure his match at Wrestlemania is promoted better than any of the other matches. I just can't wait for HBK to beat Vince, Shane, all 5 of the Spirit Squad, and hopefully Marty Jannetty.

Am I the only one who found it incredibly ironic that the Wrestlemania ME vs. ME match was a curtain jerker?

Only think ironic about it is that back in the day, this was typical on SNME - to do one of the more hyped up matches first to try to catch viewers immediately and ideally hook them. So if anything is was a homage to the old formula that SNME was.

Guest hasbeen
Why is the Boogeyman stalking Booker T?

I don't have a clue, but I'm enjoying it. I've liked the Burchill pirate character too, I'm surprised by that but it makes me laugh. I'm hoping they don't go overboard on the number of wrestlers with such gimmicks just because the fans seem to like a couple of them. I guess Finley's appearance, style and music could be considered a gimmick too, even though it's not over the top like Boogeyman. I'm enjoying Finley more than anything in the WWE right now, it seems a lot of others are too. It's amazing, just polishing Finley up a little can take him from an agent to this, when there are so many wrestlers on the roster the fans just don't care about, or boo for the wrong reasons.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I don't have a clue, but I'm enjoying it.

Its not that its bad, its just that you would hope a Wrestlemania storyline would have some purpose. Even if its because Sharmell spent too much time in the makeup chair. Its fun and all to see Boogey, but at some point they should try and explain his motivations, especially if they're the top.

And I disagree about The Pirate. Boogey works in a way because he's a raving lunatic, and you can use that to explain anything really. But the Pirate just makes the show look like a giant costume party

I don't have a clue, but I'm enjoying it.

Its not that its bad, its just that you would hope a Wrestlemania storyline would have some purpose. Even if its because Sharmell spent too much time in the makeup chair. Its fun and all to see Boogey, but at some point they should try and explain his motivations, especially if they're the top.

And I disagree about The Pirate. Boogey works in a way because he's a raving lunatic, and you can use that to explain anything really. But the Pirate just makes the show look like a giant costume party

They made a half-assed attempt to explain that it was because Burchill found out that his great-great grandfather was an actual pirate. At least there is that much background to it. I guess the fact he retains his british accent is supposed to be the funny part.

The character seems to be stolen, not from POTC but rather the lame Ben Stiller movie Dodgeball, which involved a wanna-be pirate similar to Burchill.

"natural" big men

Andrew%20Martin_1.jpg

Holy shit he has changed a lot, but I like it :P

Is that internet sarcasm? ...because he looks exactly the same as the last time I saw him on tv.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

"natural" big men

Andrew%20Martin_1.jpg

Is that internet sarcasm? ...because he looks exactly the same as the last time I saw him on tv.

Except the part where he ate The Ultimate Warrior.

Are the people who saw Burchill before coming to WWE, when he was Goldberg-like in that British promotion, now thinking "WTF" when they see him now?

It would be like seeing Brock Lesnar in Japan with a caveman gimmick, or something.

"natural" big men

Andrew%20Martin_1.jpg

Looks more like Sting to me with the intensity jacked up to x10.

"natural" big men

Andrew%20Martin_1.jpg

That's not intensity he's jacked up on.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Why are Foley and Edge feuding?

Why are Vince and Shawn feuding?

Why is Benoit the good guy in this feud with Bradshaw? He willingly broke the other guy's hand.

Of course, we still don't know why Booker and Boogey are feuding.

Why are Carlito and Masters getting a tag shot? Why are they friends again?

Why is Benoit the good guy in this feud with Bradshaw? He willingly broke the other guy's hand.

JBL tried to damage Benoit's hand 1st (the week before, I believe), including doing the same "hand in the steps" spot.

"natural" big men

Andrew%20Martin_1.jpg

That's not intensity he's jacked up on.

Stacker2, Xyerience? Flexseed Oil?

In Edge's eyes, Foley cost Edge the WWE Championship. Since Edge can't get another rematch, beating Foley at WM is the next best thing.

Because Shawn wouldn't play ball w/ Vince's Bret bashing party on Raw a few months ago.

Already covered.

The Boogeyman adheres to no rhyme or reason.

Because Vince has deemed them #1 contenders. Masters has the mentality of a meathead.

---------------------------------

Sorry, this is the best I could do.

And OT, will people quit quoting the picture of Test. Enough is enough!

Why was JR back with no logical explanation as to why?

What, because Vince says so? That's lazy storylines right there. Even so, why would JR come back? Most people I know who have been fired would not return to the old job if their boss tried to order them to, especially if the boss's son made a threat to physically harm them if they didn't do what they wanted. It made zero sense for this. Did JR do a good job? Sure, but he wasn't going to suck. It's shit like this that makes WWE one of the most, if not THE most illogical shows on TV today.

Guest JRE

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Well that successfully confused me more.

There is not ONE match I want to see on this show. What a shitfest.

The next week, after defeating “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan on RAW, Edge issued a WrestleMania challenge to Foley, saying he would go to Foley’s home to get an answer if he didn’t show up the next week.

That sentence should not be used in reference to any wrestling show in 2006.

On the Dec. 26, 2005 edition of RAW, HBK told Mr. McMahon to get over the Montreal Incident; Shawn’s comments irked the WWE chairman, who told HBK that if he didn’t watch his step, he’d get screwed worse than Bret Hart ever did.

This feud is based on Shawn telling Vince to get over something that happend nearly ten years ago? What kind of basis is that?

Well that successfully confused me more.

There is not ONE match I want to see on this show. What a shitfest.

It's bad when your HOF ceremony looks more appealing than your biggest show of the year.

Not one match appeals to me. Not one. I think that is a first. Even some of the worst WM of all time had matches that appealed to the audience. Since I have refused to watch RAW and Smackdown! the last few months, is the crowd behind any of these matches at all?

Guest nokia

WWE Women's champion Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James and Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle in a "Playboy Pillow Fight" have been added to the card for Wrestlemania 22.

from pwinsider.com

So, instead of using MnM against Kendrick/London or Mexi-Cools, in what would be a solid hot opener that wouldn't suck they decide they need to find time for TWO women's matches? Mickie/Trish, is fine. I have no problem with that, the storyline while unoriginal has at least made sense.

Torrie/Candice isn't even Raw-worthy.

WWE Women's champion Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James and Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle in a "Playboy Pillow Fight" have been added to the card for Wrestlemania 22.

Ha! I called it on the RAW thread, although I said a bra & panties match.

I sound like a broken record by now, but PLEASE WWE: MNM vs London/Kendrick and/or Mexicools for Mania. SD! deserves another match on the show, and MNM deserve to be included. Book it, dammit!!

I sound like a broken record by now, but PLEASE WWE: MNM vs London/Kendrick and/or Mexicools for Mania. SD! deserves another match on the show, and MNM deserve to be included. Book it, dammit!!

I figured, they would at least want to showcase Melina. Giving MnM, a 10 minute opener against a spunky tag team like London/Kendrick or Mexi-Cools where MnM cheats to win is a good way to get the crowd into the show and at this rate, would be the only match entertaining that doesn't involve massive amounts of shortcuts and stunts.

I figured, they would at least want to showcase Melina. Giving MnM, a 10 minute opener against a spunky tag team like London/Kendrick or Mexi-Cools where MnM cheats to win is a good way to get the crowd into the show and at this rate, would be the only match entertaining that doesn't involve massive amounts of shortcuts and stunts.

I couldn't agree more.

Wow, I just thought about it and right now, they have booked 11 matches so far and that's not counting the possible MnM match as well.

Cena/HHH, SD 3 Way, MITB, Vince/Shawn, Edge/Foley, Casket, World Tag Title, JBL/Benoit, Trish/Mickie, Pillow fight, Boogey/Booker...

They really could cut a match short if they put Booker T in the MITB match, where Booker can play it up for comedy that he got out of wrestling Boogeyman. Booker and Sharmell could easily stand around ringside avoiding the match, Booker does commentary and does the "bodies laying everywhere" spot and slowly climbs the ladder but only for the lights to go out and red smoke fills the ring and worms fall from the ceiling onto Booker T, who falls off the ladder and the lights go on and there's the boogeyman in the ring with his clock.

Booker runs away as Boogeyman crawls after him. You eliminate the time that Boogey/Booker would waste, adds a bit of comedy to the MITB match and you serve the same purpose. Lashley can run-in and continue his thing with Finlay as well during the match. I would actually have Lashley start stalking Finlay, the smackdown before Mania. So you have Finlay, while kicking ass keeping his guard up for Lashley to strike.

You can use WM to advertise a very "sexy" pillow fight between Torrie and Candice the next night on Raw instead. Just show a couple short skits with the two picking out their wardrobe for the next night. Have Torrie flirting with a couple jobbers, while Candice tries to do the same but instead of the usual guys, she gets Eugene as her "judge". This gives you the pointless comedy skit that only WWE finds funny, puts Eugene on the show and hypes something for the next night that doesn't need to take away from Mania.