TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

S_D, no need to act a fool and look stupid.

So says the kettle to the pot

Guest JumpinJackFlash

So, I was just watching USA, and saw a commercial for none other than NO WAY OUT!

Which in case you're wondering, is LIVE, Sunday, February 19!

:D

"Blast Areas" makes me think of the military term used for places you don't want to be.

I am disappointed. I thought you would have went with the more blue ""Blast Areas" sounds like the parts of a chick which gets the jizz when the dude jerks off on them which -with Hunter vs. Cena, and McMahon vs. Michaels- Wrestlemania would be very similar to."

In other news. I am feeling a strong disliking to Rey Mysterio. It started around his program with Eddie last year.

Rey is not a world class promo. I'd venture to say he's as bad as Orton. People will probrably cite his work in the Eddie/Dominic angle, but I didn't think Rey was any good in that. Eddie and Dominic were.

I know I was one of the ones that screamed loudest for a Rey title reign, but all of his booking after the Rumble and even before hand with all the "I'm doing this for Eddie" junk has really salted me on that. If he does indeed win, it will be a crappy Edge-like reign, so why bother?

I know I was one of the ones that screamed loudest for a Rey title reign, but all of his booking after the Rumble and even before hand with all the "I'm doing this for Eddie" junk has really salted me on that. If he does indeed win, it will be a crappy Edge-like reign, so why bother?

Edge's title reign was entertaining..

But they almost HAVE to put the belt on Rey Mysterio now because they let him lose to Orton at No Way Out, he can't dissapoint Eddie Guerrero again....If Mysterio loses this main event he'll never be a real Main Eventer unless he gets screwed at WrestleMania but they probably won't do that.

as entertaining as Edge was (hell I never liked Edge until he became the "Rated R Superstar"), his reign was a joke the way it was handled...he beat an already battered and bloody champ to win it (don't get me wrong, this move was perfectly booked for his character to do), beat a 57 year old guy in a TLC match and then lost it right back to Cena. He's a great heel, someone who I think has FINALLY found his niche in the WWE, but his reign as champ has to go down as one of the shitiest of all times.

what's going to suck for Rey is that you just know Orton will be the guy he eventually drops the belt to...two losses to Orton in one year: first for the title shot, second for the title...what is he, Orton's bitch now?

He is because the WWE doesn't have faith in lil Rey Rey. They still see Orton as a future big star and expect him to be a great Heel Champion. Edge is the best Heel in the WWE right now, HE deserved to stay champion, he deserves to be the one to get the belt off Rey.

Oh wait weren't there rumours about Kane winning the World Title at Judgment Day?

Hey guys just wanted to get some feed back on the different pics that are up there. I see that wwe stuff all the time and wanted to give you guys something special. And for those that think I dont read the comment board. I do! How else would i know about all the different opinions goin on. Im leaving for our last live event run before wm 22. I just finished a canadian media tour for wm. I talk a lot to media, to critics and to people who have self proclaimed knowledge of the business that is wwe. Its so funny to me sometimes to hear an "educated" reporter or fan tell me what is happenning in our business. There seems to be a lot of talk in wrestler university about me "turning heel". This IS whats going to happen. The "smart" people will keep plottting, planning, and conjuring up scenarios that they feel are right, dont get me wrong every opinion matters but there is a huge difference between opinion and fact, I will keep being me. So while the so called 'experts' can tell me what Im doing for the next 6 months. I only worry about today. I am not a 'babyface' or a 'heel'. I am me. That is why people tell me to f*ck off, and that is why people are willing to stand up for me. I love my job, and my life, i am blessed to be myself and I try to let the fans experience many things that go on with me that most superstars dont. I am not ashamed of who I am, where I came from, or what I have become. These are the last words ill write before the most important day of my short career. I guess what im trying to say is, enjoy this. Enjoy it as much as I do. Some times people dont have all the answers and sometimes there is no right and wrong and you just have to live the moment and enjoy it, for whatever it brings. I know ive already said this but thank you matt, who has his own myspace under matt cena, you are a true inspiration to me to 'never quit'. Thanks to dan, john fabulous, steve, and boog, and to mom dukes to. I love you guys. Dave nock, you have been like a second father to me and i would go to war with you any day of the week, thanks for your help in gettin ready for mania. To all those supporting me I WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN! you have my word. win loose or draw i will be my best for april 2nd! hope you guys enjoy, and check out the picture of the awa ring that i used to have. I also had the Barron Von Raschke doll whos hand came in the claw position! The Claw! Sweet! Till after the dance!

HUSTLE. LOYATLY. RESPECT.

lol at cena cutting myspace promos

Completely agree there. If the Eddie loved would have waned a little bit after RR, I'd still be stoked for a Rey title reign. As it is, I'd rather have Angle retain.

As for Edge, it's horrible what they did to him . . . but, as long as the spear is one of his primary finishers, I couldn't care less about the guy. Yes, his finisher is enough to ruin my appreciation for him.

To be honest, Cena should have cut the first half of the myspace promo (when you are ripping off Chris Hero, you got problems) on Raw. I know he briefly touched on the "I am Me. You can love me or hate me, it's your choice" aspect of his character but they should have hammered that he isn't concerned with the fans because it's all about being the champ.

So that way, when he gets shit on at Mania, they can point at that promo as the "cause".

From PWInsider:

Hulk Hogan appeared on the Bubba The Love Sponge radio show today and stated that he will not be at Wrestlemania this Sunday. Hogan said that after appearing at the Hall Of Fame ceremony on Saturday night in Chicago (where Hogan will induct Mean Gene Okerlund), he will then travel to Long Beach, California, where he will be involved in a race on Sunday with his son Nick.

Hogan then said that WWE is going to be flying him back to Chicago for Raw on Monday night, and that Vince McMahon is proposing an angle for the show involving himself and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Obviously, whenever Hogan makes statements like the above, you have to take them with a grain of salt, but he did say it. So, according to Hogan, he won't appear at Wrestlemania, but will be at Raw on Monday, and Vince McMahon hasn't given up on Hogan and Austin working together.

Guest J0bber

I met Tomko and Trevor Murdoch in downtown Chicago today. Trevor was great. He was in character and was spitting in his Powerrade cup. Tomko was in a suit and was extremely polite. Both seem like great guys. Got their autograph on a Wrestlemania card.

I met Tomko and Trevor Murdoch in downtown Chicago today. Trevor was great. He was in character and was spitting in his Powerrade cup. Tomko was in a suit and was extremely polite. Both seem like great guys. Got their autograph on a Wrestlemania card.

There's something amusing about a slovenly, redneck drinking power-ade next to a tall guy in a suit.

From the latest FoleyIsBlog:

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/mickfoley/foleyisblog

With a little luck, I’ll have plenty to write about in next week’s entry. I guess it all depends on which Mick Foley shows up at WrestleMania. If it’s the guy who showed up at WrestleMania XX — the guy who went out with the goal of not embarrassing himself — it might make for pretty bleak reading. If it’s the guy who showed up a month later at Backlash 2004 — the guy who showed up to tear down the house — then I should have a heck of an entry.

For better or worse, there’s no Backlash in my future this year — no second chance for redemption. It’s pretty much do-or-die for me. Okay, “do-or-die” might be overdoing it a little, but WrestleMania may well decide whether I’m fit to be a main-event wrestler anymore, or whether I’ll just work my last few matches over the next couple of years as an added attraction, the sixth guy in a six-man tag or a surprise Royal Rumple participant.

Either way, it’s my last appearance in WWE for a while, (although I will continue to supply “Foley is Blog” on a weekly basis), and I’d much rather go out with a sense of accomplishment instead of disappointment.

I’m under no illusion that this is going to be an easy match. Indeed, if I do my job correctly, I will barely be able to get out of bed the next day. The Backlash match with Randy Orton took a hell of a toll on me, and I imagine this one will, too. At my age, with my history of not treating my body all that kindly, there’s a price to be paid for everything I do. I just hope the reward is worth it.

For years, I considered myself a guy who brought out the best in his opponents. Edge may very well be a guy on the brink of being a major WWE player for years to come. He also might very well slip down the ladder a few notches to that wrestling purgatory known as “middle of the card.” An awful lot depends on this match. But, this time the tables might well be turned. It’s Edge who will need to bring out the best in me. Assuming of course, that I’ve still got it.

melina1.jpg

From PWInsider:

Hogan then said that WWE is going to be flying him back to Chicago for Raw on Monday night, and that Vince McMahon is proposing an angle for the show involving himself and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

God I hope this isn't true. I'd rather not see these two on TV again.

this JBL promo at the WM PRess conference is tremendous. In reference to the fact he took a title from Eddie and is about to take one from Benoit:

"This is the equivelent of taking a title from Lou Thesz and Harley Race within two years". He then goes on to say he should be on last because no one can follow him... it was really good and did the job of getting me pumped for that US title bout.

From PWInsider:

Hulk Hogan appeared on the Bubba The Love Sponge radio show today and stated that he will not be at Wrestlemania this Sunday. Hogan said that after appearing at the Hall Of Fame ceremony on Saturday night in Chicago (where Hogan will induct Mean Gene Okerlund), he will then travel to Long Beach, California, where he will be involved in a race on Sunday with his son Nick.

Obviously, whenever Hogan makes statements like the above, you have to take them with a grain of salt, but he did say it. So, according to Hogan, he won't appear at Wrestlemania, but will be at Raw on Monday, and Vince McMahon hasn't given up on Hogan and Austin working together.

And the day before he said..

During an appearance on the Scott and Todd radio show out of New York City yesterday, host Todd Pettengill asked Hulk Hogan if he would be wrestling at WrestleMania 22. Hogan said that he is bringing his gear to the show and said that anything can happen. He also said that he wanted to wrestle Steve Austin on the show but that things did not work out.

Credit: PWInsider.com

In an interview with the Connecticut Hersam Acorn Newspapers, Triple H spoke about allegedly holding talent back.

"I hear all these stories about things I supposedly did or who I'm holding back and it doesn't bother me. You just deal with it. There are people out there who are going to think you're great and there are people out there who are going to think you're crap. There have been some unfair claims, but I realize I'm a scapegoat for some people."

Credit: 411Mania

RVD discusses all on Between the Ropes! WM, Flair, Drugs, One Night Stand, etc,.

Between The Ropes

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Central Florida's Sports Radio 740 The Team

Simulcast online at the brand new BetweenTheRopes.com

On Wednesday night, March 29, WWE superstar "Mr. Monday Night" Rob Van Dam joined hosts Brian Fritz, Dickerman, and Vito DeNucci live on Between The Ropes on Central Florida's Sports Radio 740 The Team to chat about WrestleMania 22, Money In The Bank, his health since returning to the ring, and much more.

Don't forget that Between The Ropes and ECW Press will release the brand new book, Between The Ropes: Wrestling's Greatest Triumphs and Failures, this May. For more information and details on how to pre-order, visit the brand new BetweenTheRopes.com.

Rob joined the guys live from Chicago fresh off a crazy WrestleMania autograph signing at Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits. The turnout was so huge that despite staying past the allowed time, he had to leave with several hundred fans in line.

Asked how his surgically repaired knee is doing, Van Dam said it's holding up. He's experienced some discomfort in the thirty-five or so matches he's had since returning at the Royal Rumble, but it's nothing worth mentioning. He realizes he's no longer completely indestructible in the ring. During his year off, he did a lot of appearances and autograph signings for the first couple of months and did some international promotional work in Australia and England for the company. He spent some time with friends in Las Vegas in the latter months while rehabbing and getting ready to return.

Van Dam said the first week back in the ring, his body and his brain and his stamina probably weren't on the same page. Since then, it hasn't been a problem. He noted that he's been on every Raw house show and every TV since returning at the Rumble, except, as he pointed out, Saturday Night's Main Event. "Apparently they only had three matches and it was geared toward promoting the matches that they care about at WrestleMania."

Asked if he feels any pressure going into the Money In The Bank match on Sunday, he said he's looking forward to it since it will be more of a hardcore environment, ECW style match. He feels more pressure going out there in the confines of a traditional wrestling match. He doesn't mind sacrificing his body in these types of matches to show off how tough he is. He's looking to incorporate some ladder spots that WWE fans may not have seen from his ECW days. One unique game plan he has in mind, "I thought that maybe if the ladder was tall enough, if I got a chance, I might be able to use it to get my head through that glass ceiling." He added that there's no better place to try to break through than WrestleMania.

Asked about working with Ric Flair in a ladder match, Van Dam said he gained a lot of respect for Flair after watching his performance in the ladder match against Edge on Raw. He became even more of a fan of Flair that night. He talked about cracking heads with Flair in the three-way on Raw two weeks ago. Flair had a black eye and a bloody nose and didn't miss a beat. Rob considered Flair as tough as a 20 year old. Rob needed ten stitches to close the gash under his eye from that spot.

RVD's promo from ECW One Night Stand was brought up and whether it's going to lead to additional promo time on TV as everyone expected. "That's a good question. I don't know. So far I haven't been too impressed with the freedom on the mic that was so hyped up and talked about on my time off. About when I come back, they're going to capitalize on that because I expressed myself and they want to capture that spirit....I don't know exactly for sure. I got on the mic on Monday before Flair hit me in the head with the ladder and that felt really good because Shelton was on the mic and Ric was on the mic. I thought if I don't get on the mic, for sure this is pretty much saying, 'whatever.'"

Rob was asked for his thoughts on the new WWE Wellness Program. "Basically, I believe that some of young guys who haven't been around years ago when all of our peers were dropping dead commonly, because of that, I think they can use some guidance so they don't abuse substances. I think there should be some way to do that. On the other hand, as far as everybody across the board and having control of everybody like that, I'm not sure that's going to help out everything and not make some things worse. I don't know. I definitely like the idea of getting everybody checked out. They're talking about doing the heart scans and all that. I think that's a great idea. I've already gotten all that done myself. I've gotten everything done myself on my time off to make sure everyone's cool here. I don't feel like I need it as much and being part of the program, we'll see how it goes. I guess if there are guys with problems, this will and should anyway detect that and hopefully keep some people alive."

Rob finished off talking about the new season of his favorite television show, Scrubs on NBC, and mentioned he will be in attendance at UFC 59 on April 15 at The Pond in Anaheim to see Tito Ortiz fight Forest Griffin. He also plugged his comic book store, which can be found online at 5starscomics.com.

To listen to the Rob Van Dam interview, including his comments on the possibility of winning the Money In The Bank match and challenging for the title at the ECW PPV as well as his thoughts heading into this year's WrestleMania, and the entire March 29 edition of Between The Ropes in streaming audio, visit the show online at http://www.BetweenTheRopes.com. In addition, you can now subscribe to receive the Between The Ropes podcast via iTunes. Details are available on the brand new BetweenTheRopes.com. Join us for Between The Ropes for two hours every Wednesday night at 10:00pm ET on Central Florida's Sports Radio 740 The Team and worldwide on BetweenTheRopes.com.

Credit: 411Mania

Mark Henry was pretty good in the conference. Candice was boring. Booker T was great as usual, I love his Heel character. Now HBK is talking and the crowd is chanting You Screwed Bret.