TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Cena/HHH is the WrestleMania Main Event I guess and not Rey/Angle/Orton. Rey won the fucking Rumble so HE main events, this is bullshit. I'm sure Cena/HHH will have a huge crowd response but IMO they aren't doing what they said they will do, the Rumble winner main events. Also, I thought HHH was winning the belt on Sunday but now Cena is probs retaining 'cause I don't think they will have the Heel end WrestleMania now.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
He is because the WWE doesn't have faith in lil Rey Rey. They still see Orton as a future big star and expect him to be a great Heel Champion.

He's such a great heel that he murdered the Undertaker twice within the span of a month and then ran Eddie's name through the mud and nobody cares.

Cena/HHH is the WrestleMania Main Event I guess and not Rey/Angle/Orton. Rey won the fucking Rumble so HE main events, this is bullshit. I'm sure Cena/HHH will have a huge crowd response but IMO they aren't doing what they said they will do, the Rumble winner main events. Also, I thought HHH was winning the belt on Sunday but now Cena is probs retaining 'cause I don't think they will have the Heel end WrestleMania now.

Except for the fact that if HHH beats Cena he will get the biggest face pop of the night.

Here is the Wrestlemania 22 press conference report from PWInsider:

I had the chance to watch the WWE Wrestlemania 22 press conference on WWE.com this afternoon. The press conference ran for just about one hour, and basically consisted of each wrestler involved coming out and cutting a promo for the assembled fans and media. Some notes from the conference:

- Michael Cole came out first, and put over the magnitude of the event. He actually said the show starts at 8ET/5PT, then corrected himself and said it was 7ET/6PT. He also noted that the live festivities for the fans in the arena would begin at 5:30pm. Cole commented that there were 30 or 40 fans camped out since 6am this morning for the press conference. Given that I could see empty seats, I have a feeling they didn't need to do that.

- Cole then talked about Wrestlemania II being in Chicago, and asked if anyone remembered the battle royale that Andre The Giant won, and involved William Perry. That got little reaction from the fans. Well, it was 20 years ago. As Cole talked about the battle royal, Jonathan Coachman interrupted and entered the room. Coach talked about other famous WWE moments in Chicago, including Bret Hart defeating Steve Austin, Shane McMahon jumping off the Titantron onto the Big Show, and the start of the Hogan-Rock feud. There was actually a "Coach" chant.

- JBL was the first guest. JBL referred to Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero hugging at Wrestlemania 20, which prompted an "Eddie" chant. JBL said the fans were chanting that because they remember the great JBL-Guerrero feud, and because they don't care about Chris Benoit. JBL said he defeated Eddie Guerrero for the WWE Title, and now he would defeat Chris Benoit for the U.S. Title. He said defeating the two greatest technical wrestlers in the world for championships in a two year span was like defeating Harley Race and Lou Thesz in a two-year span. JBL said Benoit is a future Hall Of Famer, and they should put their match on last, because no one would be able to follow him.

- Carlito came out next, apple in hand, and said everyone knows the World Tag Team Title match is the "real main event" of the show. Carlito said everyone wondered if he could beat Kane & Big Show while at the same time "babysit" Chris Masters. Carlito said he and Masters would be on the same page on Sunday, and that everyone should congratulate him now on his title win.

- Michael Cole began to talk about Booker T, when Sharmell came out to the podium. She said that Teddy Long, Michael Cole and everyone else were in cahoots against Booker T, and then brought out her husband. Booker joked that he had a prepared statement, but decided against reading it. Booker said he had no problem facing the Boogeyman, but Teddy Long tricked him by putting Sharmell in the match. Booker said Sharmell was not a wrestler, and that he would do whatever has to in order to protect his wife. Booker then said he would sue Teddy Long, the WWE, and even the fans if anything happens to Sharmell on Sunday. Booker then teased his "Can you dig that" line, but instead of saying "Sucka" he said "Thank you very much" and left the podium.

- Mark Henry was next, and there was a "Rest In Peace" chant as he came out. Henry said that "thirteen great superstars" had failed to beat the Undertaker, but he would be the one to end Undertaker's streak. Henry said the difference between him and everyone else is he isn't afraid of the Undertaker. Henry argued with some of the fans that were yelling at him, then said the Undertaker would be the one that rests in peace.

- Candice Michelle was out next, saying she was the hottest Diva to ever grace the cover of Playboy. She said her Playboy is hotter than both of Torrie Wilson's combined. There was a lot of hoots and hollering from the fans during her segment, and Candice closed by promising that at Wrestlemania she would "be on top".

- Jonathan Coachman referred to Vince McMahon as the "most stacked 60 year old chairman in the business world" before introducing Shawn Michaels. Michaels was greeted with "You Screwed Bret" chants. Michaels said that "fifteen, twenty, thirty years ago, however long it has been" he was involved in screwing Bret Hart. Michaels said the other man that had "something to do with it", Vincent Kennedy McMahon, would be his opponent at Wrestlemania. Michaels said that unlike everyone else, he was "scared to death" of his Wrestlemania opponent, because Vince McMahon owns the company and has a history of screwing people and ruining their lives. Michaels said the only thing that makes him different from everyone else Vince has ruined is that he is "The Showstopper, Mr. Wrestlemania" and that this Sunday his boss was going to be taking a "BUTT whipping" at his hands. Michaels also started what became a running gag of emphasizing that the show is sold out, so you can see it "Only on PPV".

- Before introducing the next guest, Michael Cole said that the three-way match for the WWE title was "in my opinion the main event of Wrestlemania" and then brought out Rey Mysterio. Rey acknowledged a "Viva La Raza" that was yelled out, and spoke a bit of Spanish. Rey talked about how being in a Wrestlemania main event was a dream come true for him. He was very humble as he talked about growing up and wanting to be a part of Wrestlemania. Rey then referred to Randy Orton calling him a "charity case" and that he didn't belong in the main event. Rey said he would prove he belonged there, "Only on PPV". Mysterio said that with all due respect to Kurt Angle, it would be every man for himself at Wrestlemania, and that he would prove wrong everyone who didn't believe in him and walk out the World Champion.

- Randy Orton was out next. Orton completely dropped the storyline they have been pushing on Smackdown, and said he respected Rey Mysterio, noting they both grew up in wrestling families. Orton said that Rey is not a charity case, and does belong in the main event at Wrestlemania. Orton then said that it won't stop him from "kicking his ass" on Sunday. There was an "RKO" chant from some of the fans. Orton said he had respect for Kurt Angle as well, but he would be walking out of Wrestlemania as the champion.

- Kurt Angle came out, and when the fans chanted "You Suck" along with his music, Angle noted the chants were for Orton. Angle noted that at last year's Wrestlemania he fought one of the greatest of all time in Shawn Michaels, and that they stole the show. Angle said that he has two of the best athletes in WWE history to do it with again this year. Angle said Rey Mysterio belonged in the main event, and noted he belonged in it more than Orton. Angle said he could "beat Rey Mysterio or make Randy Orton's ass tap out", but either way he would still be champion at Wrestlemania.

- Triple H was the next guest, and after taking a comically long amount of time clearing his throat, he talked about the butterflies that wrestlers get when they are involved in Wrestlemania. Triple H said that it was "refreshing" for him this year, because he was going to have the "easiest match of his life" on Sunday, which prompted laughter and boos from the fans. There was a "Cena Sucks" chant as well. Triple H said John Cena is like Rocky, in that he's "really tough, but not very good, but somehow gets the job done". However, Triple H noted that John Cena has never beaten him, and that at Wrestlemania, Cena's name will be added to the long list of stars he has beaten. Triple H, like Michaels and Mysterio, also emphasized the show was available "Only on PPV" over and over.

- John Cena was the final guest. As he came out, there were a lot of boos, although there were some who were trying to start a "Cena" chant. Cena joked that he wished people would "make up their minds" and thanked everyone for the "warm Chicago welcome". A girl yelled out "We love you Cena", which ended up prompting a lot more boos. Cena said that a champion is not "judged by how they are admired, but how they stand up to adversity". Cena said that Triple H "walks the walk and talks the talk, and he has kicked the ass to back it up". Cena said that he was the "definitive underdog" going into the PPV. Cena said his first WWE match was in Chicago, and that people have strong opinions about him, but he loves his job and works hard at it. Cena then said that he will face the "greatest WWE superstar to ever walk the aisle" on Sunday, but that Triple H was mistaken if he thinks he will get through Cena easily.

- Jonathan Coachman then closed the press conference, with Triple H joking with him about it being available "Only on PPV".

The Miz presents his Top 10 'Mania Moments

By Mike "The Miz" Mizanin

March 30, 2006

Who else is excited for WrestleMania coming this Sunday? It's going to be "Big Time," baby! I figured with all the hype, we might as well have “The True Story of When The Miz Made His Countdown to His Favorite ’Mania Moments.”

10. Jeff Hardy hitting a Swanton off a 20-foot ladder onto Bubba Ray Dudley, WrestleMania X-Seven: I remember when he was climbing the ladder thinking, “There's no way he's going to jump from that high!” When he did it, I thought, “Oh yeah, he's dead!”

9. Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior — Champion vs. Champion Match, WrestleMania VI: As a kid, I was a huge fan of Ultimate Warrior and Hogan, so I didn't know for whom to cheer. I remember going back and forth on whom I wanted to win.

8. Mr. McMahon vs. Hulk Hogan, WrestleMania XIX: When Hogan was laid out and Vince slowly showed his face up from the apron and his face was all bloody and he had that smile. It was one of the best facials and camera shots I've ever seen.

7. Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania XIX: I loved the build-up for this match — how Chris looked up to HBK and dressed like him in his early years of wrestling — doing some of the same moves HBK did. Then having HBK win, but that wasn't end. Jericho started crying, and it looked as if he was having a moment like a dream had come true. Then, he went to hug Shawn but gave him a crotch shot, instead. That totally caught me off-guard. I thought they were going to have a heart-to-heart moment, but bam! Right in the "ya know."

6. Brock Lesnar doing a Shooting Star Press and landing straight on his head, WrestleMania XIX: I thought Lesnar was dead or broke his neck. When he got up and gave Angle an F-5, I was still talking about how he landed on his head.

5. Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels WWE Iron Man Match, WrestleMania XII: As a kid, I thought it was so cool when Shawn came down on a zip cord. Plus, I credit those guys going for more than an hour. It was just amazing to watch.

4. Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit retaining and winning the world championships, WrestleMania XX: I loved the way Eddie's match ended with his shoe sliding off; however, the moment I remember the most was when Eddie came out with his WWE Championship to congratulate Benoit and his newly won World Heavyweight Championship. It was such a real, sincere moment; these two friends who built their careers together had finally made it to the top. They were just so proud of each other.

3. The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, WrestleMania XV: I remember sitting in my house with about 15 of my high school friends watching this rivalry. I was always the only Rock fan; everyone else liked Austin, and we'd argue about who was better. Those were some of my most memorable times. Every pay-per-view, all my friends would come over and we'd watch. Some of the arguments were priceless.

2. Hulk Hogan body slamming Andre the Giant, Wrestlemania III: The audience was going absolutely nuts. It was insane. This moment is what wrestling is all about — “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan doing the impossible. It makes you believe that anything can happen.

1. The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan, Wrestlemania X8: It was Icon vs. Icon, and it was electric when they entered the ring and stared each other down. Some fans were chanting “Rocky!” Others were chanting “Hogan!” You knew it was a historic moment. I had goose bumps. I honestly couldn't tell you what happened in the match. All I remember was the anticipation for the match. I couldn't believe it was actually happening. And when it did happen, it didn’t disappoint. Just them standing in the middle of the ring was great enough for me.

You have just gotten your “Reality Check” into The Miz's Top 10 ’Mania Moments. I'm hoping by next WrestleMania, The Miz will have a ’Mania moment. Hopefully, I will be able to make your Top 10 list. Do you have a list? If not, think about your moments and enjoy WrestleMania. Until next week: Be Good. Be Bad. Be MIZ! Hooo-rah!

—Miz

If he's not on this WM card, how does he expect to have a "Mania Moment" by next years?

A girl yelled out "We love you Cena", which ended up prompting a lot more boos.

I remember reading somewhere that WWE thinks the reason Cena is getting booed is because he's too good looking. After reading that part, it doesn't sound that far-fetched anymore.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
A girl yelled out "We love you Cena", which ended up prompting a lot more boos.

I remember reading somewhere that WWE thinks the reason Cena is getting booed is because he's too good looking. After reading that part, it doesn't sound that far-fetched anymore.

Shawn Michaels.

HBK *did* use to get booed by males though. Not anymore because, well, he's old.

When was it he was booed by them? If we're talking about the "Lost My Smile"/"Boyhood Dream"/Kliquetravaganza tripe, it's not a good comparison. HBK was incredibly lame, just like Cena is. Kids and some women bought/buy into that, but cynical males won't.

But when you're a "legend" people will cheer. Ric was a handsome hated heel throughout most of his younger days, and now he barely gets booed even sucking up to HHH.

Plus, don't forget about The Rock.

Although for the most part WWE doesn't heavily push "handsome" guys, but guys who look like badasses. Of course, some trailer trash would make lots of lurid remarks about Austin back in the day...

It'll be really funny if WWE decides that, after all the work they did recruiting guys with "the look," that they can't do a damn thing with them. It's WWE that decided that they don't need guys who already know how to wrestle; they would rather find an OMG HAWT! 20 year old with "athletic ability" ("I don't know what a wristlock is...but I can jump high!) and try to teach him to wrestle.

Yet most of their biggest success stories were mostly ugly/homely bastards at best.

Survivor Series 1996.

Literally...all females behind HBK.

All males behind Sid.

You do the math as far as who watch wrestling more...males or females, and that will give you an answer to the crowd reaction that night at MSG.

Guest NYankees

Wrestlemania 22 WEBCAST IS 50 FUCKING DOLLARS??? You have to be kidding me. I was thinking about ordering it until I saw that price. I am not able to tape the show and the sound quality/picture quality is no where as good as that of off of cable tv. I miss the days when the webcasts were half price as they should be. WWE makes a full profit from doing a webcasts unlike having to share the money with the cable companies. Fuck you greedy Vince. Plus most of the bonus matches suck. Who the fuck wants to watch the jobber battle royal from wrestlemania 2000 or steve austin vrs savio vega.

Even though I'd like to see the WWE Championship finally gets its place back of going on last at Wrestlemania and now that the title is back om RAW, I still think the World Heavyweight Title will be the main event for the 3rd year in a row simply because it'll be the one changing hands.

Obviously, whenever Hogan makes statements like the above, you have to take them with a grain of salt, but he did say it. So, according to Hogan, he won't appear at Wrestlemania, but will be at Raw on Monday, and Vince McMahon hasn't given up on Hogan and Austin working together.

Thank God.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
HBK *did* use to get booed by males though. Not anymore because, well, he's old.

Back when he was doing a male stripper character. That really shouldn't have been all that much of a shock to anyone

I know many people don't like JBL, but I honestly believe that JBL vs Benoit has a chance to be the sleeper match of the show.

That's the most anticipated match of the show for the majority of TSM posters as well as the only match pretty much guaranteed to be good, so I don't see how it will be a "sleeper" match.

That's the most anticipated match of the show for the majority of TSM posters as well as the only match pretty much guaranteed to be good, so I don't see how it will be a "sleeper" match.

Benoit/JBL, has been pretty under the radar, even for smarks. The anticipated match of the group (for the wrong reasons) is Cena/HHH merely for the strong backlash against Cena that is to come.

Benoit/JBL, has been pretty under the radar, even for smarks. The anticipated match of the group (for the wrong reasons) is Cena/HHH merely for the strong backlash against Cena that is to come.

I saw nobody mention the match either, so that is why I called it a sleeper match. Just like Hawk mentioned everyone is so focused on MITB, Cena-HHH, and Orton, Mysterio and Angle that I saw absolutely no talk of this match.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

JBL and Benoit is really the only match i see being particularly good.

JBL and Benoit is really the only match i see being particularly good.

Problem is? It's likely the opener. In 21 Mania's, only 5 matches went over 12 minutes. They like the openers to be short and sweet. 8 minutes of Benoit/JBL, would still be the MOTN most likely.

On the subject of HBK in 1996, I watched the match against Sid on youtube a few weeks ago. To say the crowd was against HBK is quite the understatement. He could do almost nothing right in the match, and as others have said, it was heat like Cena gets. Sid got a sickeningly loud pop when he made his entrance, and even when he plowed the camera into Jose Lothario's chest. It's still one of my favorite Sid matches. I'll give it to HBK, he was in full "pinball mode" that night.

I'm not looking that forward to JBL vs Benoit. JBL is fun on the mic, but I don't see what's so great about the guy in the ring. Still though, Benoit will make him look good, and you can count on that. On HHH and Cena. How do you guys think the crowd will react? Will we see Cena hate on the levels of New Years Revolution, and a "face" HHH, or do you think the crowd will boo the holy hell out of both guys (Goldberg vs Brock)?

As far as the actual show goes, the only matches im really looking forward to are MitB, World Title, and WWE Title (just for the crowd reaction).

March 30, 2006

Who else is excited for WrestleMania coming this Sunday? It's going to be "Big Time," baby! I figured with all the hype, we might as well have “The True Story of When The Miz Made His Countdown to His Favorite ’Mania Moments.”

10. Jeff Hardy hitting a Swanton off a 20-foot ladder onto Bubba Ray Dudley, WrestleMania X-Seven: I remember when he was climbing the ladder thinking, “There's no way he's going to jump from that high!” When he did it, I thought, “Oh yeah, he's dead!”

What? Bubba? I thought it was Spike and Rhyno :boxing:

March 30, 2006

What? Bubba? I thought it was Spike and Rhyno :boxing:

Ha ha. Reality check THAT, Miz.