TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

i know this is sort of going off topic, but Ive noticed something about undertaker. Ive noticed that whenever taker is involved in a new storyline/angle on SD, he gets beat up E.G by henry & crappy singh, stays out of action for ages then comes back about 3 weeks before a pay-per-view.

I wish Jericho went into more details about DX (HHH) holding him down. Matter of fact, Jericho needs to do a shoot video.

Here's your "Kurt Angle is going to die!!!!" post of the day.

Kurt Angle looked to be hurting bad last night after the show. They did an injury angle at the show in London, but he was clearly hurting bad at the hotel afterwards. It will be interesting to see if he can work today's show, although I'd sure bet on it.

Credit: WrestlingObserver

I'd be interested in reading page 34 as well, by the way.

Here's scans of the entire article.

"I think I'm on that second tier after The Rock, Austin and Hogan and Bret and Shawn. I think I'm on the next level down from that. I think I'm every bit as good as a Ric Flair or a Triple H in their primes." - - - Chris Jericho

Agree or disagree?

I'd be interested in reading page 34 as well, by the way.

Here's scans of the entire article.

"I think I'm on that second tier after The Rock, Austin and Hogan and Bret and Shawn. I think I'm on the next level down from that. I think I'm every bit as good as a Ric Flair or a Triple H in their primes." - - - Chris Jericho

Agree or disagree?

I agree that he is on the second tier after Rock/Austin/Hogan/Hart. What I don't get was this, was he saying Flair isn't the top tier but rather the second tier? Because that isn't true.

Jericho, in his prime was better at everything Triple H did except politics. He could work as a face or a heel, cut better promos, drag better matches out of people and didn't rely on better workers to make him look good or require shortcuts to come off better.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Jericho may in fact be the greatest person ever.

Guest Deputy Marshall
I agree that he is on the second tier after Rock/Austin/Hogan/Hart. What I don't get was this, was he saying Flair isn't the top tier but rather the second tier? Because that isn't true.

The argument could be made that Flair would be on the second tier because despite being an absolute legend in the business, he never got the amount of mainstream attention and coverage as those four mentioned (Hart moreso in Canada than the US). Also, for the two major boom periods (the late eighties and late nineties), he was either working for the promotion that only the die-hards were watching or was being portrayed as an old man who refused to quit.

In other words, nobody has the longetivity (in terms of workrate and drawing power) that Flair does, but at the same time he was never really a featured part (or a big spark) of a boom period for pro wrestling.

Jericho's a better worker than Shawn Michaels, that's for sure, I don't know why Jericho was putting him over so much.

Because when he was getting into the business, Shawn was who Jericho wanted to be. Everyone puts over their role model more than everyone else.

Jericho's a better worker than Shawn Michaels, that's for sure, I don't know why Jericho was putting him over so much.

Because he isn't at all? Jericho's best match was probably against Shawn at WM. The match wouldn't even crack a top 50 list of Shawn's.

Backlash predictions

By Jim Ross

April 30, 2006

This information is strictly for entertainment purposes, and by no means should it be used as a vehicle to facilitate gambling. Wagering on sports-entertainment is “pet-coon goofy” to say the very least, wouldn’t you agree?

To me, Backlash is arguably a pay-per-view with a double main event, but the WWE Championship Match gets top billing. I like the varied abilities of the three competitors, and I think that the combination of their individual styles will deliver a solid main event. Cena may be booed out of Rupp Arena, but I don’t think he will lose at Backlash; Triple H, Cena and Edge will produce a slobberknocker that only one man can win, and I see The Champ retaining. It’s just my personal opinion, but I would like to see two referees assigned to this Triple Threat Match.

Taking on both McMahons is a tall order for anyone, let alone Shawn Michaels. I would like to say that I think Michaels will overcome these seemingly insurmountable odds, and HBK might, but I don’t think so. Mr. McMahon doesn’t lose multiple times at anything, including contests over who can pass the most lethal gas. I have a feeling that we may be uncomfortable watching this one before it is over, and it won’t be “over” until the Chairman says so. The way I see it, this is a 2-on-1 contest that will take a miracle for HBK to survive and win. No one will ever brag about the McMahons’ wrestling skills, but never underestimate their ruthlessly tough mindset and willingness to do whatever it takes to win in any arena.

The athletic potential of the Van Dam vs. Benjamin match is lofty. RVD has the edge in experience, and he has more unique offense than the supremely gifted Intercontinental Champion. I envision lots of high-risk offense in this match that easily leads to crash-and-burn scenarios. With all the chances these two may take, this match may not be as aesthetically pure as some would like it; it may even be bowling-ball ugly to purists, but it will be unpredictable and athletic as hell. This one is a coin toss, but because of his experience, I’m going with RVD in a close one. The medical staff should be standing by for this one.

If Big Show comes to Backlash pissed off, then the world’s largest athlete can beat Kane, who seems to get weirder by the day. If not, Kane gets the duke.

Carlito versus his former tag team partner Chris Masters is an interesting matchup. I’m not quite sure who the majority of the fans will cheer or boo in this match, but I’m not sure it matters either. Carlito is a better wrestler with more natural instincts and experience, while Masters has a significant size and strength advantage; however, Masters is somewhat one-dimensional, depending almost solely on the Master Lock. I’m guessing Carlito avoids the Master Lock and wins the match. For the record, I don’t think “Meathead” Masters is the marketing slogan the chiseled Californian was looking for.

Ric Flair has battled with some really big men during his career, but “The Nature Boy” was younger when most of those mismatches took place. I love Ric Flair and I hope he can derail Umaga, but unless “Naitch” can get to the 400 pounder’s legs early and ground the big Samoan with the Figure-Four Leglock, this might be a long night for Flair. Ric has to be willing to wrestle the massive Umaga, because I am not sure anyone on RAW at the moment can handle Umaga in a straight brawl. The “Dirtiest Player in the Game” has surprised me many times over the past 30 years, but Umaga may simply be too big a load of concrete for Ric to handle Sunday night.

I don’t look for Trish vs. Mickie to be a cute little catfight where the majority of the teenage boys are watching hoping that “something pops out.” Well, I take that back, those young men probably do want to see “something pop out” and it might. Anything can happen on a live pay-per-view. I think we’re in for an even better physical outing from these two Divas than we saw at WrestleMania 22. Obviously, “Mickie ain’t right,” but she can wrestle and so can Trish. Both ladies are familiar with each other, so the competitor that adds the most effective new twist to their game might have the advantage. Is Trish hungry enough to want to regain the Women’s Championship, or has this issue simply gotten too personal for the Toronto beauty? I think Mickie is prepared to do whatever it takes to leave with the gold and that the champion will retain. I shudder to think what Mickie might do if she loses.

By the way, rumor has it that off camera, Mickie is sweet on Joey Styles, but that is unconfirmed and only between us.

It will be interesting to see how responsive the live audience is Sunday in Lexington for Backlash. As we have all seen, the live audience can really make or break a live TV presentation, and the crowds lately in Chicago, Milwaukee, Omaha, St. Louis and London have been stellar. I hope the crowd is as jacked as they would be for a Kentucky Wildcat hoops game against their archrival Louisville. For wrestling history buffs, to the best of my knowledge, the largest crowd to ever watch wrestling in the 23,000 seat Rupp Arena was over 20 years ago when Jerry “The King” Lawler battled “Macho Man” Randy Savage.

J.R.

Credit: WWE.com

"Mickie is sweet on Joey Styles."

Um, :huh: