TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

If I ever woke up with Triple H in my bed, I think I'd jump out a window or something.

I love Austin, Rock, Mankind...but it's time to move on. None of them are ever going to work a regular schedule again. Bringing them back for a match every once in a while just takes away from all the guys who've been busting their asses to make it in WWE. Everytime one of them comes back and takes up TV time, it makes guys like Cena, Edge, and Misterio look second rate.

With WWE focusing on restarting ECW, is there any news of them continuing the annual roster draft and trade? That is always one of the things I look forward to in the Spring/Summer from WWE.

Here is the latest Foley is Blog:

Foley is Blog: Greatest Hardcore Match ever

By Mick Foley

May 4, 2006

Okay - It’s midnight and I just realized that my web log is due in almost 10 hours. So I’ve got to get to writing. But I won’t write all that much. Believe me, compared to this entry, my brief Vince McMahon BUTT kissing offering will look like a Harvard doctoral thesis. Between working on my book, now titled “The Hardcore Diaries” (as opposed to the original “Mick Foley’s Hardcore Diaries”) and figuring how to go about leaving a lasting impression on wrestling fans next Monday night in Anaheim, I’ve been too busy to even think about “Foley is Blog.” But I have been getting a lot of positive feedback from fans, including my waiter at “Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Que,” where I celebrated my anniversary about two weeks late. It seems that both my wife and I forgot about our anniversary, as we do every year.

I thought my return to RAW Monday night went really well, and that it served as an impressive kick off to what I hope will be one of my most memorable stints on RAW in recent memory. It seems like ideas for things I can do on RAW are springing into my head every day and I can’t wait to take them from my brain onto television sets around the world.

Oh, and as far as my WrestleMania match with Edge being not only “the greatest Hardcore Match of my career, but quite possibly the greatest hardcore match in wrestling history.” Was it really? Well, regular readers of my column know how I really feel, but if history proves anything, and if George W. Bush had proved a single thing, it is that great falsehoods will be perceived as truth as long as they are publicly declared to be so on a couple of occasions. And my claim isn’t exactly a great falsehood- it’s just a slight exaggeration. But that’s the last time I’ll admit it, at least until my book comes out. Until then, Edge and I engaged in the greatest hardcore contest in wrestling history. As my good friend Collin Raye says, “That’s the story and I’m sticking to it.”

In case you’re wondering-Melina did actually read my column, and…She liked it! Yes! So it’s not out of the question that she will be gracing the pages of “Foley is Blog” soon.

As pathetic as this seems, it has actually crossed my mind that the other Divas might actually have their feelings hurt because of all the attention Melina gets on “Foley is Blog.” As if beautiful women’s sense of self depends solely on my public declarations of fondness for them.

Tool

But just to be on the safe side, I’ve got something nice to say about Trish Stratus next week, and I’ve still got a great Candice Michelle story that I’m saving exclusively for “The Hardcore Diaries.”

Finally, I’d like to send out get well wishes to The Blue Meanie, Stevie Richards and Matt Cappotelli. Hope all of you are feeling a little better.

Steph is looking for an assistant.

Job Title: Executive Assistant - Creative Writing

Description:

Terrific opportunity for a top notch Executive Assistant to be the right-hand person and gatekeeper for the SVP, Creative Writing of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.

Key Responsibilities:

* Support the SVP, Creative Writing in a professional and tactful manner, maintaining day-to-day and long-term efficiency and effectiveness

* Manage SVPs calendar and demanding travel schedule, which requires daily discussions and heavy scheduling of appointments and meetings

* Manage and facilitate the flow of internal and external information through SVP's office

* Coordinate and supervise travel plans for Creative Writing team members, which requires availability on weekends/evenings in case of emergencies and/or last minute changes

* Coordinate and draft correspondence

* Work on diverse projects as needed

* Screen, log, and respond to incoming phone calls

* File and organize Executive Meeting folders

* Process bills, invoices, and expense reports

* Keep current with WWE TV programs, characters, storylines and products

Requirements:

* Minimum of five years experience in an Administrative Assistant role, with at least two years at an Executive level

* Discrete and able to handle confidential business matters

* Flexible and adaptable; able to handle frequently changing priorities, circumstances, and schedules

* Able to work well with people of all levels and backgrounds, both internally and externally and also able to work independently using excellent business judgment and common sense

* Excellent communications (verbal and written), interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills

* Self-directed, proactive, diplomatic, poised, self-confident, and energetic

* Can-do attitude and demeanor, and willing to "roll up sleeves" as needed

* Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while still maintaining excellent attention to detail

* Strong project management skills

* Available and "on call" 24/7, and available to travel anytime as needed

* WWE product knowledge preferred

* Proficient PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet savvy

* College degree preferred

If YOU have a can-do attitude and won't give information to dirt sheet writers, you can apply here. Don't worry if you don't know anything about wrestling, it's just preferred that you do, it's not like your boss knows anything about wrestling either (I clearly have a can-don't attitude).

Anyways, you can apply here!

http://www.wwe-careers.com/wwe/jobboard/Se...D=459&Keywords=

With WWE focusing on restarting ECW, is there any news of them continuing the annual roster draft and trade? That is always one of the things I look forward to in the Spring/Summer from WWE.

I was thinkin the same thing......

It's been reported on PWInsider's Elite section that X-Pac has signed with WWE. I got this news off of the wrestlecrap message board so I am not sure if it is true.

It's been reported on PWInsider's Elite section that X-Pac has signed with WWE. I got this news off of the wrestlecrap message board so I am not sure if it is true.

That's not true at all.

Here is an exact quote from the audio report where DS talks about X-Pac coming back to join DX:

I have heard that if X-Pac is free he is telling people that he'd like to come back and do it. I don't know that to be a fact, but it's what I've heard through the rumor-mill, so take it as such.

He then goes on to talk about how he doesn't think they should bring him in and that sort of thing.

Wasn't he involed in the MTV wrestling thing? If so he'd be in the same position of Justin Credible coming to ECW. I dunno if Waltman was involved though.

On this week's episode of Internet Heat, Charlie Haas takes on Akio/Jimmy Yang.

Yang gets his old music and entrance video and they mentioned him being in the WWE before.

Sign of things to come?

btw, Grishm is horrendous on commentary.

Guest JRE

Michael Cole is in charge of WWE.com now and he is reallyloading it up with Smackdown coverage

On this week's episode of Internet Heat, Charlie Haas takes on Akio/Jimmy Yang.

Yang gets his old music and entrance video and they mentioned him being in the WWE before.

Sign of things to come?

btw, Grishm is horrendous on commentary.

I hope to God, WWE signs him back. I never understood the point of letting him go in the first place. One of the bonuses of watching Velocity was to see if he would have a match with Paul London because they ALWAYS delivered in the ring together.

Grisham makes a slight mention of how Akio is a former WWE star, and makes references him needing to impress Vince McMahon or roag agents to get a new contract. I assume he's just there as outside enhancement talent though. Pretty good match, though.

Speaking of good matches, I watched Marty vs Shawn from the July 1, 1996 Raw today and enjoyed it. Worth the download!

That's not true at all.

Here is an exact quote from the audio report where DS talks about X-Pac coming back to join DX:

I have heard that if X-Pac is free he is telling people that he'd like to come back and do it. I don't know that to be a fact, but it's what I've heard through the rumor-mill, so take it as such.

He then goes on to talk about how he doesn't think they should bring him in and that sort of thing.

Xpac's CRAZY.. Did you see him on The Surreal Life???

From gerweck.net;

- It is expected that WWE will contact Tajiri and Masato Tanaka to work U.S. dates.

I want another Mike Awesome/Masato Tanaka match at ONS...those two can beat the shit out of each other for 15 minutes, but I know they wont get Awesome back..

- Midwest mini wrestler Shortstack is being brought in to be a leprechaun sidekick of Fit Finlay on Smackdown.

Horrible idea, doesn't fit the Finlay character at all to have a little buddy. I guess if they make him an evil leprechaun it might be kinda cool, but still. Finlay just beat the shit out of some midgets a few months back, now we're supposed to believe he's friends with one.

Finlay with a midget sidekick would make me giggle with glee.

From gerweck.net;

- It is expected that WWE will contact Tajiri and Masato Tanaka to work U.S. dates.

I want another Mike Awesome/Masato Tanaka match at ONS...those two can beat the shit out of each other for 15 minutes, but I know they wont get Awesome back..

I agree with this. I think it was one of the biggest tragedies of 2005 that neither Mike Awesome or Masato Tanaka landed a fulltime deal with WWE after they tore the fucking house down at ONS last year. I guess its because Heyman has to hold his little 6+ year grudge against Mike Awesome for taking a better-paying job with WCW, that we will probably never see him wrestle fulltime for a major North American company again.

Congrats to the two of them. I guess TNA will have to wrap-up that silly feud between her and Jarrett soon.

Has anyone watched Heat yet? Charlie Haas and Akio put on a damn good match. Akio is just as agile as ever, and Haas brings the stiffness with some rough kicks, a wicked big boot (the force of which makes Akio flip backwards onto the top of his head), and a snap reverse ddt to end things. WWE needs to resign Akio ASAP.

The 75% or so of you that alter between liking and hating Mark Henry every month will probably rejoice at this:

From gerweck...

Dave Meltzer reports that Mark Henry's WWE contract has been extended. Henry

signed a 10 year contract with the WWE back in 1996 after he competed in

the Olympics for $1 million dollars a year. Henry's new deal is not guarenteed

and lasts through 2007. His money has been cut down from $1 million a year

dollars to $300,000 a year.

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1146947690.shtml