TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

The 75% or so of you that alter between liking and hating Mark Henry every month will probably rejoice at this:

From gerweck...

Dave Meltzer reports that Mark Henry's WWE contract has been extended. Henry

signed a 10 year contract with the WWE back in 1996 after he competed in

the Olympics for $1 million dollars a year. Henry's new deal is not guarenteed

and lasts through 2007. His money has been cut down from $1 million a year

dollars to $300,000 a year.

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1146947690.shtml

Lets hope they just do what they want with him and then fire his ass. He never brought anything good to WWE... ever!

It was probably a...take a paycut or leave situation.

Yea they probably make more money over extended contracts compared to 90 day release clause... although for at least Henry if not Show I don't know if said clause was even like it is with most new talent now a days. I'm sure Show has benefited long term if Henry hasn't.

From PWInsider:

For those of you who have written asking about his status, I can confirm that Jimmy "Akio" Yang has signed a new deal with WWE. He was probably best known during his last stint with the company as a bodyguard for Yoshihiro Tajiri and for a series of matches with Paul London in the final days of Velocity before it became an Internet show. Yang is expected to finish out his independent dates before going back to work for WWE, possibly for the relaunching ECW brand.

That's some great news on WWE resigning Akio. They were fools to let him go in the first place. I'll say it again, the match with Charlie Haas on Heat this week is fantastic. I just hope he goes back to Smackdown so he and Paul London can tear it up some more.

I thought the London/Akio matches were really overrated. I like both guys styles a TON, too. I know they're capable of so much more when not constrained to work how The E wants them to. Aside from one spot where London totally went headfirst into the mat off the ropes, I believe, nothing stands out as memorable. Better than seeing Animal and Tatanka work, but not deserving of so much hype, IMO, anyway.

But I'll be the first to watch them hook it up again and hopefully top themselves.

What's up with London, BTW? He won a four-way "#1 Contender's Match" for the Cruiser Title just as Helms got hurt. Never got a title shot.

Now he's obviously the #1 co-contender for the tag titles. And he just pinned Helms on Smackdown in a six-man.

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS, BOOKERS.

Pretty much anyone here who was suddenly offered a WWE contract would jump on it in a second, so no, no reason to feel bad.

Guest J0bber

From Gerweck.net:

According the Wrestling Observe Newsletter, Jeff Hardy has been approached informally about a possible summer WWE return, assuming Hardy is clear of any drug issues. Hardy is no longer under contract to TNA.

Yikes, let's hope he fails the drug test.

The 75% or so of you that alter between liking and hating Mark Henry every month will probably rejoice at this:

From gerweck...

Dave Meltzer reports that Mark Henry's WWE contract has been extended. Henry

signed a 10 year contract with the WWE back in 1996 after he competed in

the Olympics for $1 million dollars a year. Henry's new deal is not guarenteed

and lasts through 2007. His money has been cut down from $1 million a year

dollars to $300,000 a year.

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1146947690.shtml

Lets hope they just do what they want with him and then fire his ass. He never brought anything good to WWE... ever!

What gets me is that the guy got 10 million dollars from them and when he add up all the time he's been on the main roster (wrestling, angles on TV, etc) it would barely add up to 3 or 4 years.

From Gerweck.net:

According the Wrestling Observe Newsletter, Jeff Hardy has been approached informally about a possible summer WWE return, assuming Hardy is clear of any drug issues. Hardy is no longer under contract to TNA.

Yikes, let's hope he fails the drug test.

On the contrary, I hope to see him come back. WWE seriously dropped the ball in not giving him just a simple one month world title run. It was definitely the wrong decision to let him lose the ladder match with the Undertaker in the Summer of 2002. There wasn't a person sitting down in the crowd when he brained 'Taker with the chair, and was within a couple inches of grabbing the belt. Smarks may hate the guy with undying passion, but he is over as fuck with the crowds. If he is truly clean, I would love to see him get a second chance.

Since Jeff is at his best in hardcore style matches, put him in the new ECW and use him to elevate the new talent there. He was actually getting somewhat watchable in the ring again shortly before he was suspended from TNA, so I hope he gets his act together and takes advantage of this second chance that WWE is offering him.

My friend informed me that the reason Orton was suspended was because he ran around backstage with a sample of his father's blood and threatened management saying he better go over at WM.

Can anyone confirm this?

My friend informed me that the reason Orton was suspended was because he ran around backstage with a sample of his father's blood and threatened management saying he better go over at WM.

Can anyone confirm this?

Man that sounds too far fetched to have happened. Although the King would say "Anything can happen in the WWE!"

I just watched last weeks RAW with my dad again. He thought the stuff with Kane and May 19th was bullshit (I loved HBK in this match). He marked out for Charlie Haas 'cause he didn't know he already debuted couple of weeks ago so it was a surprise for him. The Spirit Squad match was frigging awesome to watch the second time for some reason. The crowd was really hot (as always when Cena wrestles) and I LOVED Kenny being really arrogant and cocky, standing up to HHH and pushing him away.

Link;

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1147015802.shtml

According the Wrestling Observe Newsletter, Jeff Hardy has been approached informally about a possible summer WWE return, assuming Hardy is clear of any drug issues. Hardy is no longer under contract to TNA

If they want him, they can have him. He's becoming increasingly lazier in the ring with each match he has been in, he looks like he was in a paint factory explosion and he can't do an interview cause he makes less sense than the Warrior.

Who one here has been liking Mark Henry. I've seen a few pepole say that not he is not at fault for every injury that happens in his matches, but I've never seen anyone come out and say they like the guy.

I wouldn't really have a problem with Jeff hardy in WWE/ECW as long as he wasn't given a huge singles push like we've seen in the past.

I hate Jeff but as long as he sticks to the Tag Division or Cruiser Division; nothing more than US/IC tops I probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

I wouldn't mind Jeff Hardy coming back, assuming he has his working boots on. Maybe team him with Matt again or something.

If they have a drug stipulation for him, maybe they should put an appearance clause in his contract, as well. He looked like a total freak in TNA, with the whole "paint can explosion" look.