TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

I don't even want to see him with the IC/US strap. The guy should just be in tag matches, or hardcore type matches. I think he'd be a great heel in ECW.

Ship the reunited Hardy Boyz over to ECW. The fans will like Jeff Hardy because he will kill himself for their enjoyment and they'll like Matt Hardy because of his ability to actually wrestle.

On WOL, Da Meltz said that Mick Foley is turning heel very soon, maybe as early as tomorrow.

Considering Foley hasn't worked as a heel (other then his very brief heel run in ROH, that didn't go over as well as he hoped) since 1998, and there he was a sympathic heel. Foley loves the cheap pop and his formula, he must have something up his sleeve.

I just can't see him pulling off a heel turn going against Edge. Edge is WWE's biggest and best full blown heel.

On WOL, Da Meltz said that Mick Foley is turning heel very soon, maybe as early as tomorrow.

I just can't see him pulling off a heel turn going against Edge. Edge is WWE's biggest and best full blown heel.

It probably isn't going to be Edge that Foley is going heel against. I think they could be setting up a deal where Edge is beating Foley down, someone runs in to make the save, and then Foley turns on that person and sides with Edge, possibly doing some sort of 'passing the torch' deal where Foley declares Edge the new 'King of Hardcore Wrestling'.

I was thinking of that when someone posted that rumor about Foley talking to Vince in some big important meeting before Raw last week. It could work.

It wasn't a rumor. Foley confirmed it in his blog.

Foley turns on RVD, leads to Sabu's debut.

Sabu/Foley would be different at ONS II. Put Funk in there with Sandman.

You also get Edge to take the IC title off RVD and do a Douglas'-esque TV title reign: great heel mic work and a female "slut" manager, from a guy that's held the top belt already and raises the value of the midcard strap.

You also get Edge to take the IC title off RVD and do a Douglas'-esque TV title reign: great heel mic work and a female "slut" manager, from a guy that's held the top belt already and raises the value of the midcard strap.

Could you please only recall events that happened in the last two weeks and only project events that could happen in the next two weeks? WWE doesn't do months.

How do you work the RVD title shot at ONS II into that situation without a Cena heel turn but still keeping him relatively clear of the ECW brand?

Easily. You have RVD mouth off about Edge the next week. Foley and his boy Edge show up.

Foley challenges RVD to a match at One Night Stand. RVD says thanks, but no deal. I've already got plans for that night. But there is this guy who's 10x crazier than you that I used to team with. He'll face you. Before that announcement, RVD starts putting over Cena, respect, making Trips tap, great champion, blah blah...wants a title shot.

Foley and Edge attack RVD during said promo. Cena makes save. Stare-down after. Vince books Foley/Edge Vs. Cena/RVD. Fresh main.

Still got 2-3 weeks to build an already sold-out and must order PPV. The main event that is.

EDIT: Meltzer reports RVD will most likely make his ONS title shot known tonight on Raw.

________

Did you really just ask me how to not have Cena play a heel at the ECW PPV?

And by the way, Cena is a heel already. Not a traditional one. But a heel already nonetheless due to the "cool thing" (which is getting OLD, btw) being to boo his every move. He rips on fans that boo him, labeling them "haters", and more than 50% of the crowd despises him. While smarks may say "No no, he doesn't ACT like a heel!", in truth he does. He is being booked to be outsmarted and out-popped, and is responding to more than half the crowd in a negative fashion by denouncing them as non-loyalists.

The above may be fantasy booking, but it'd be fresh, and a helluva lot more meaningful long-term then throwing fucking JBL or Rey, two non-credible champions, into a match with RVD. WWE Van Dam isn't a credible champion either, don't get me wrong. But if Van Dam is allowed to carry the company as he did ECW, as the most over wrestler and #1 babyface, everything will be fine. I've been waiting to hear Van Dam's true mic skills more some time now. Because they DO exist and they are not only good, but believable. He's amazing when in "truthful stoner who's a cocky prick" mode, something that Cena, when at his best as a heel doing "raps" was nowhere near able to touch.

If they don't do Cena Vs. RVD, consider ONS2 already a dud.

"And (Taz) I know, you've been watching me in the ring, and you're impressed & jealous...just like everybody else. But look at what the critics are saying, Taz. They're calling me the Best Wrestler in the Whole Fucking World. Did anybody ever say that to YOU, Taz? Anybody ever come up after one of your four-minute championship defenses and say 'TAZ! That was the best match I've ever seen!' How about 'Best Match of the Year?' Probably not. Anybody say, 'Best Match of the Night' ? No, Taz. Don't you think there's a reason that Rob Van Dam hears that shit every single night? Add this to the equation: I really want to beat your ass. I'm really looking forward to it, Taz. Survive, if I let you, Taz. Against Rob Van Dam. The Whole Fucking Show."

That's a promo you build a fanbase around. Not the corny shit Cena spews.

And the PPV buys will be there if they do book this.

"The question isn't 'Is Rob Van Dam gonna beat Bam Bam Bigelow and win the TV Title.' No, no. The REAL question is: How is Rob Van going to carry around 2 title belts and his partner, at the same time?"

Easily. You have RVD mouth off about Edge the next week. Foley and his boy Edge show up.

Foley challenges RVD to a match at One Night Stand. RVD says thanks, but no deal. I've already got plans for that night. But there is this guy who's 10x crazier than you that I used to team with. He'll face you. Before that announcement, RVD starts putting over Cena, respect, making Trips tap, great champion, blah blah...wants a title shot.

Foley and Edge attack RVD during said promo. Cena makes save. Stare-down after. Vince books Foley/Edge Vs. Cena/RVD. Fresh main.

Still got 2-3 weeks to build an already sold-out and must order PPV. The main event that is.

Sounds pretty solid. It'd be nice if WWE surprised us and came out with booking like this for once. I guess it comes down to whether protecting Cena or getting this ECW brand off to a good start is more important. I disagree with you that Cena is playing a heel though, I think its more like a really watered down version of an anti-authority late 90s Stone Cold type character. The respect angle with RVD could work in that sense, especially if they let him cut promos like yours. The problem with that direction is that there's the possibility that the fans will turn on RVD no matter how over he is if they don't respect Cena. Judging from the last part of Joey Styles' promo last week they could even be aiming for that kind of effect. It'd be a stupid way to go about it though, but hey, Road Warrior also beat Paul Burchill with a powerslam on Smackdown last week so pretty much anything is possible booking-wise.

Guest nokia

Meltzer on the observer radio show just said that Foley will go heel soon, perhaps as soon as Raw this week

I like not having him around for a while just to let Eddie Guerrero really die basically. His whole character has been about Eddie, always pointing to the sky and his arm.

--The latest fake news item credited to me is WWE signing Mark Henry to a new contract. I don't know that they haven't, but having checked around, nobody there seems to know anything about it and I haven't reported it.

From Da Meltz.

Meltzer on the observer radio show just said that Foley will go heel soon, perhaps as soon as Raw this week

I really don't see any way Foley can get negative heat minsus praising Cena at this point. Intersting to see how they try and pull that off.

I really don't see any way Foley can get negative heat minsus praising Cena at this point. Intersting to see how they try and pull that off.

I suspect he'll go "ECW heel", not real heel.

I like not having him around for a while just to let Eddie Guerrero really die basically. His whole character has been about Eddie, always pointing to the sky and his arm.

1 problem, Rey Mysterio.

Also, what's with all the re-signings all of a sudden? It's not like they ever did anything with Akio in the first place, they dropped Haas because they had 'no plans for him'...they fired Hardy for a reason, which I guess has been forgotten if they're trying to re-sign him.

It probably isn't going to be Edge that Foley is going heel against. I think they could be setting up a deal where Edge is beating Foley down, someone runs in to make the save, and then Foley turns on that person and sides with Edge, possibly doing some sort of 'passing the torch' deal where Foley declares Edge the new 'King of Hardcore Wrestling'.

Whoa. Creepy. Got any advice on lottery numbers?

In a statement released from the office of the Chairman of the Board of WWE, Mr. McMahon has said that "Triple H will get his championship match next week on RAW."

In a statement released from the office of the Chairman of the Board of WWE, Mr. McMahon has said that "Triple H will get his championship match next week on RAW."

Probably Triple H against all five members of the Spirit Squad for the WWE Tag Team Championship.

Probably Triple H against all five members of the Spirit Squad for the WWE Tag Team Championship.

With a mystery tagteam partner.

McMahon is so pissed at Triple H he'll make him team with his old enemy, Shawn Michaels.

....sigh.

1 problem, Rey Mysterio.

Also, what's with all the re-signings all of a sudden? It's not like they ever did anything with Akio in the first place, they dropped Haas because they had 'no plans for him'...they fired Hardy for a reason, which I guess has been forgotten if they're trying to re-sign him.

You have to give it to Haas though. He has been tearing it up in the ring since he came back.