TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Don't miss next Monday's RAW at 9/8 CT on USA when John Cena defends the WWE Championship in a huge WrestleMania rematch against The Game.

from WWE.com

If they do plan on having him challenge for the Tag straps, Shawn wouldn't work cuz he actually wins...like...a lot. I think the purpose is to make sure HHH doesn't win which would be the right time to bring back

Brooklyn%20Brawler.jpg

Hilariousness will ensue.

Guest Coffey

Man the product is stale. EVERY match is a "rematch." No one cares about Cena Vs. HHH or HBK Vs. Vince or Kane Vs. TBS or RVD Vs. Shelton or anything else that's been happening for the last six months. JR & King are even the commentators again! The "big things" on the horizon appear to be Kane getting back his mask, D-X reforming and ECW coming back. All shit we've seen.

I gotta say, in a weird way I missed JR's fake shilling of fights, specifically during Kane/Show last night.

"HE'S YOUR FRIEND, KANE! BIG SHOW'S YOUR FRIEND! HE'S TRYIN' TO HELP YA!!"

Man the product is stale. EVERY match is a "rematch." No one cares about Cena Vs. HHH or HBK Vs. Vince or Kane Vs. TBS or RVD Vs. Shelton or anything else that's been happening for the last six months. JR & King are even the commentators again! The "big things" on the horizon appear to be Kane getting back his mask, D-X reforming and ECW coming back. All shit we've seen.

I agree...it seems like they're getting into a cycle of just rehashing stuff over and over again. Feuds are getting drawn out way too long...it's ok to do an extended 6 month feud when you have two hot main eventers, but no one wants to see another variation of HBK vs Vince McMahon again. Cena vs Triple H is the same thing...Cena is not popular enough to carry this feud, and Triple H, while getting more over, isn't seen as someone deserving of another title shot. It just seems really counter-productive for them to be pushing the same stuff right now. At least mix up some feuds or put the WWE Championship on someone else, for crying out loud.

Just saw an ad for a theather production that's coming to our town. One of the people starring in it Thea Vidale. You know... Momma Benjamin. I guess they've fully dropped that angle once and for all. She ain't coming back it looks like.

Just saw an ad for a theather production that's coming to our town. One of the people starring in it Thea Vidale. You know... Momma Benjamin. I guess they've fully dropped that angle once and for all. She ain't coming back it looks like.

And yet, she's still in Shelton's entrance vid.

So up until they both lost their titles in the same week, over the 9 month course of them as world champions at the same time, who was the better draw? Cena or Batista?

I like not having him around for a while just to let Eddie Guerrero really die basically. His whole character has been about Eddie, always pointing to the sky and his arm.

1 problem, Rey Mysterio.

Also, what's with all the re-signings all of a sudden? It's not like they ever did anything with Akio in the first place, they dropped Haas because they had 'no plans for him'...they fired Hardy for a reason, which I guess has been forgotten if they're trying to re-sign him.

You have to give it to Haas though. He has been tearing it up in the ring since he came back.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Haas I'm just completely unenthusiastic about the prospect of WWE cleaning out the indies to fill out the roster and get this "ECW" bullshit over, then doing nothing of note with anybody I enjoy watching.

So what's the deal with Regal? I saw a match he had 2 weeks ago now, I think, where he used a more elegant-looking STF. Now I know the Regal Stretch is a modified STF, but why destroy Cena's credibility even more by making his STF look like crap when they have a direct comparison in Regal's?

Why not show Cena how to properly do an STF?

Stupid questions, but still . . .

So up until they both lost their titles in the same week, over the 9 month course of them as world champions at the same time, who was the better draw? Cena or Batista?

Can't speak on draw but Batista was without a doubt the better champion.

Batista was far and away a better champion. The fans NEVER turned on the guy like they did for Cena. I think it was mainly because even though Batista won his matches, he would show some sort of weakness, but not to the point of looking like Rey Mysterio has lately. He would still get the decisive win, and when the bell rang, you KNEW the right man won.

In nearly every match Cena is in, he will make a miracle Superman comeback, and I think even the marks finally saw through this and started to turn on the guy. It starts to feel like a cop-out when Cena is out there making guys like Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle look like bitches night-in and night-out and never showing much signs of weakness. He could be put in the Walls of Jericho or the Ankle Lock for a full 2 or 3 minutes and still make it to the ropes, but when he slaps on the STFU (despite never working any of the pressure areas during the match) hes going to get a tap-out in less than 10 seconds. Plus, the "Right Here" video which exposed Cena as a spoiled rich white kid and not this tough thug from the streets that he tries to pass himself off as, didn't do much for him either.

The following is from PWInsider and has to do about two stars making their in ring returns, but this also doubles as OVW spoilers:

At tonight's Ohio Valley Wrestling TV taping, Ken Kennedy attacked CM Punk to set up an OVW title match for next week's taping, so he's been cleared to return to the ring.

During the taping, it was also announced that Kurt Angle would be coming into to wrestle on OVW's 6/2 event at the Six Flags park, so it stands to reason that he'll be back in the ring for the Smackdown brand around that time period, if not sooner.

BAM!

melinasplit26gh.jpg

I gotta say, in a weird way I missed JR's fake shilling of fights, specifically during Kane/Show last night.

"HE'S YOUR FRIEND, KANE! BIG SHOW'S YOUR FRIEND! HE'S TRYIN' TO HELP YA!!"

JR's over shilling can get annoying at times, but when he's really trying out there, he can add so much to a match.

melinasplit1xn.jpg

Got dayum!

Or the... "I think I see a nipple, so I automatically go for GI Joe Kung Fu grip" stance.

From PWInsider:

World Wrestling Entertainment's 24/7 Video on Demand service has inked a deal with Comcast to begin airing this summer, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The largest clearance for the service to date in the United States, this will make 24/7 available to 10 million Comcast digital cable customers in tons of major markets. I would expect an official press release will be sent out shortly.

Thanks to Joshua Todd for his help.

And the latest Foley is Blog:

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/mickfoley/blog051106

Maybe I should change the name of the web log to “Foley is Bad,” following my actions on Monday Night RAW. After all, that’s what people keep telling me. “You’re a bad guy now Mick.” Well, not really. Certainly, bludgeoning Tommy Dreamer isn’t enough to make me “bad,” not following seven years of good will with our WWE fans.

Or maybe shaking hands with Edge makes me “bad.” Or treating Lita like a lady? Who knows? All I know is I don’t feel like a bad guy, or consider myself to be one. I had good reason to do what I did and will look forward to explaining my side of the story on Monday night in Lubbock.

I really hated to hear about the fight between Booker T and Batista. I like both guys, and wish whatever bad blood had been brewing could have been worked out some other way. Or at the very least, if another way couldn’t be found, maybe the bloodshed and mayhem could have taken place in a WWE ring.

I really enjoyed the debut of Kane’s movie. Sure it was gory, but I thought it was a beautifully shot piece of movie making, with a great performance by Kane.

Best of all, I got to hang out with Melina. I know I mentioned a few weeks ago on my web log that it might be a long time, maybe even next WrestleMania, before I saw her again. So, I was off by eleven months. We even took a few shots together on the red carpet. If it wasn’t for the fact that I’m married, she had Joey and Johnny with her, and we didn’t arrive or leave together, it would have been almost like a date. Hey, almost is good enough for me.

Oh yeah, I promised to say something nice about Trish. Actually, that should be easy as Trish is a good friend, and a great wrestler, who I’m sure will bounce back from her injury better than ever.

But the nice thing I wanted to say about Trish concerns the young girl I sponsor in the Philippines. A few days ago, I received my first letter from her since I saw her in Manila two months ago. The slow delivery time of the letters is about the only drawback of my whole relationship with Christian Children’s Fund.

Anyway, in her letter, Herma Grace let me know how much she had enjoyed all of the new things she had experienced. The airplane ride, the hotel, the movie, the carnival and the WWE show.

And the last lines in her letter reads: “Dad please give my regards to Trish. I like her for being so friendly to us.” It made me think of Trish and the family. How she had held the girls’ hands (Herma’s two younger sisters) and went for a walk with them one night at dinner. How she had been so glad to take photos with them after our show, and how she’d encouraged other WWE Superstars to do the same.

I have a little paperweight at home that reads “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” I think that’s true. And I think that to a few special kids in the Philippines, Trish’s small acts of kindness will never be forgotten.

Guest nokia

from pwtorch;

"The Great Khali is considered to be so bad in the ring that he's been labeled as a danger to his opponents and a risk to himself as well. His upcoming match with The Undertaker at Judgment Day just may be his only high-profile WWE match before he gets cut loose because he's said to be that inept.

Khali's recent involvement at WWE shows has been limited to run-ins for the most part because management isn't too keen on him having actual matches"

* And they hired him because???