TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Anyone got that .gif where Johnny does the "nuh-uh" finger wag and stands in the way of the rear view of her entrance? That's such a great heel gesture.

from pwtorch;

"The Great Khali is considered to be so bad in the ring that he's been labeled as a danger to his opponents and a risk to himself as well. His upcoming match with The Undertaker at Judgment Day just may be his only high-profile WWE match before he gets cut loose because he's said to be that inept.

Khali's recent involvement at WWE shows has been limited to run-ins for the most part because management isn't too keen on him having actual matches"

* And they hired him because???

He's big.

Im saddened by the fact that come this fall, I wont be able to watch SD anymore since my UPN affiliate decided to be a FOX affiliate instead of a CW affiliate.

I wish I hadn't ditched the huge ass satellite dish for the Smackdown feed..

Guest Chris Xtreme
from pwtorch;

"The Great Khali is considered to be so bad in the ring that he's been labeled as a danger to his opponents and a risk to himself as well. His upcoming match with The Undertaker at Judgment Day just may be his only high-profile WWE match before he gets cut loose because he's said to be that inept.

Khali's recent involvement at WWE shows has been limited to run-ins for the most part because management isn't too keen on him having actual matches"

Maybe because he pretended to pay football with Adam Sandler? Of course with Macmahon who knows, an asnine reason like that might be true.

Good news for people with Comcast and yearning for 24/7. From the Observer...

"WWE has confirmed today's Hollywood Reporter story that a deal has been made with Comcast Cable to carry the 24/7 service.

A company press release stated the subscription service would be available this summer to the nearly 10 million digital homes under the Comcast umbrella, which includes some penetration into 22 of the 25 largest markets in the country."

from pwtorch;

Good thing they jobbed Rey to him!

from pwtorch;

Good thing they jobbed Rey to him!

Oh sweet a Smackdown spoiler. :angry:

I LOVE the idea of WWE 24/7. I really hope we get it in the UK soon, even though that seems unlikely.

doesn't Angle have any other shirts? I swear I've seen him on WWE TV at least 3 times with that same shirt...remember the face off last year between him, Batista, HBK and HHH when they were all dressed up and he had the nastiest sweat spots ever on that shirt?

from pwtorch;

You know, they should save him for GAB so the Undertaker can extend his kill steak to three. That would be badass.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

I would also say leave it to Michael Cole to be the only guy on that side of the arena to look away when Melina does her entrance.

He's looking at her on the monitor. He has to call what WE see on TV not get his jollies off like Lawler

-----------------

A DVD MB post about inside the WWE:

As someone who absolutely knows people very closely who have worked in WWE creative -- you guys may remember that it was me that broke the Heyman fired from the writing team story, here on this very board before I sent it to Meltzer, just to be a dick -- let me try to explain some things that I just can't imagine how some people don't get.

1. Every important decision made in the WWE is made by Vince or Stephanie McMahon. End of story. You could simplify to just Vince since he empowers Stephanie and backs her up. The creative staff, especially in the last year where there's been plenty of mostly unreported purges and intimidation, exists mostly to toady and jockey to their particular prejudices for job security.

2. HHH isn't the issue. He's a dickhead with pull over a McMahon and an honorary McMahon who does what he wants and gets what he wants, but he's not the problem.

3. JBL is a dickhead who gets what he wants, but he's not the problem.

4. Johnny Ace loves talking about his time in Japan with non-marks, largely because Stephanie warns anyone who works at WWE creatively not to talk about it (or anyone else's past ) because she thinks it'd make them look like marks. He loved his time in Japan, and you know why?

Not because of the matches.

Not because of the wrestling quality.

Not because of the fans.

But because Giant Baba was a very nice boss who paid him very well and liked him personally and Mrs. Baba made sure he got ridiculous treatment.

He doesn't give a single fuck about the wrestling. He likes being incredibly wealthy and coddled and getting preferential treatment from the bosses. He has no gag reflex, no shame, and has an absurdly easy job where he fucks idiots and beat down carnies in the ass.

5. THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT: The people who matter (and this isn't HHH, who wishes he could run a fucking NWA Harley Race marathon "I'm the super champ, watch me put on a classic" vanity promotion most of the time) DON'T WANT A GOOD WRESTLING SHOW. They are embarrassed by wrestling, embarrassed to be in the business, hate the fans, think they're stupid, and wish they were Hollywood moguls instead. The idea of running a ROH/AJPW/NWA style promotions MAKES THEM SICK TO THEIR STOMACHS. Cruiserweight wrestling appalls them. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Good wrestling will be bubble through occasionally through necessity or greed or when a particular writer frames a good idea in just stupid enough way for Vince to obsess over it, but you will never get prolonged quality.

And oh yeah: Jim Ross hates the fans and thinks they're dumber than even the McMahons. And Pat Patterson leaving was the nail in the coffin far more than most realize.

QUOTE(Excellence of Air Pollution @ May 11 2006, 10:08 PM)

Hahahaha. The battered wife/IWC analogy is a good one, but trust me, the WWE doesn't get a cent from me and hasn't for some time. I just see a huge semantic difference in saying Vince hates "real wrestling" and hates his fanbase and wishes he was in Hollywood and saying he flat out designs his shows to suck.

You're totally missing the point. Maybe I didn't make it clear. He wants the wrestling to suck by smark standards. He doesn't want it to take precedence at any point over the soap opera. Outside of Wrestlemania -- where bigtime matches are point of brand identity -- Vince doesn't want the wrestling to be good. It's not a priority and he disdains people who suggest it is.

Let me give you example. You know Vince's favorite in-ring talent is of the last three years in regards to who he praises the most personally as a *wrestler*? This shit will blow your mind and you'll probably think I'm making it up: Jimmy Yang. He has multitiple times talked about how much he loves watching his matches.

Yet he repeatedly fires him, doesn't put him in TV, and attempts not to put him in situations to shine. BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT THE WRESTLING TO MATTER.

ETA: Jim Ross. . . you're wrong. Take my word for it. He's said things about the fans that made me wince hearing it. Imagine the worst, most toxic word in the English language, put the word "ignorant" in front of it, and that's what he mutters backstage about you.

doesn't Angle have any other shirts? I swear I've seen him on WWE TV at least 3 times with that same shirt...remember the face off last year between him, Batista, HBK and HHH when they were all dressed up and he had the nastiest sweat spots ever on that shirt?

I believe he was wearing a sweater vest on that show.

okay, how about the episode where one of those Divas was in the shower and he was stripped down to his speedos?

I know I've seen him in that shirt a few times because I remember being disgusted with the sweat spots.

ah well, bigger things to contemplate.

Guest jm29195

Credit pwinsider.com

William Regal performed in Deep South this week, after travel issues with Great Khali caused him to miss the taping.

Sounds like a fun new comedy double act in the making....