TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Meltzer's Update:

-The impression I'm getting is the Sci-Fi Channel influence on ECW won't be that bad, but there will be a vampire group in the promotion

This actually might be cool. I'm sorta hoping Gangrel is brought in for this.

But will he be Gangrel or Vampire Warrior?

Also, I could have seen WWE doing that if they were still on Spike TV, with the upcoming Blade series.

Probably won't be too different from what the Brood was. It could be a successful way to introduce two new talents, the last four guys that they paired with Gangrel turned out pretty well.

I just saw that Kurt Angle had a match against Christopher Daniels WAY back in '00 in UPW. Has anyone seen this match?

Do you have the video? Link?

I just saw that Kurt Angle had a match against Christopher Daniels WAY back in '00 in UPW. Has anyone seen this match?

Do you have the video? Link?

Read the result on ObsessedWithWrestling.com, it must've been shortly after his title win at No Mercy '00.

It was pretty solid as Daniels completely carried Angle. I believe Angle knocked himself out or something early in the match and Daniels, the vet took over.

Angle was also suffering the after effects of a concussion and couldn't take any neck bumps really, they had to put together a "safe match" which is probably also why it looks like Daniels is carrying Angle

Meltzer's Update:

-The impression I'm getting is the Sci-Fi Channel influence on ECW won't be that bad, but there will be a vampire group in the promotion

This actually might be cool. I'm sorta hoping Gangrel is brought in for this.

I'm all for the return of Gangrel.

WWE stock closed yesterday at $18.54, its highest closing in many years. Vince is back as a real life billionaire as opposed to just a storyline billionaire

Kurt Angle issued an open challenge to anyone from a four sided, six sided or eight sided ring. There was an unofficial UFC response already laughing at it. The big speculation everyone has contacted me with is Daniel Puder, but he's fighting Friday night in San Jose, so I'd be very surprised for a number of reasons if it's him.

The Dayton Daily News has a story with John Cena in yesterday's paper. Among the highlights are he loves cars, particularly 60s and 70s muscle cars, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash. He's never taken steroids and claims the company has the same policy as the NFL and NBA. Well, other than the NFL tests a lot more frequently. He gave a diplomatic answer on Barry Bonds. He claims he doesn't hang out with other wrestlers because after work "they don't want to get beat up anymore." Love those credibility killers. He said Hulk Hogan "embodied everything I wanted to be." Congratulations, John, you're at least following well in his footsteps. He doesn't seem to care about being booed. He said he gets challenged to fights in public often. How is that possible? Do you know I've socialized with many of the biggest stars in pro wrestling everywhere in the world and I've never seen a fan challenge a wrestler to a fight. I know it happens, but often has got to be overstating it in this day and age, particularly for him, because he's a legit TV star. Oh yeah, it's the Hulkster influence. He said he always tries to diffuse the situation because there's no upside for him. He said he's autographed every single part of women's anatomy. He said when it comes to talking smack, he runs a close second to HHH. What a great answer.

Credit: WrestlingObserver

Kurt Angle issued an open challenge to anyone from a four sided, six sided or eight sided ring. There was an unofficial UFC response already laughing at it. The big speculation everyone has contacted me with is Daniel Puder, but he's fighting Friday night in San Jose, so I'd be very surprised for a number of reasons if it's him.

Why? The ECW PPV is on Sunday, so its not like Puder couldn't take a flight on Saturday to get to NY. Thats a weak excuse on why Puder couldn't make the PPV. I'm guessing that it's going to end up someone being from TNA. It'll be a big surprise if they got someone who was just on TNA or someone who was becoming a star in TNA.

Why? The ECW PPV is on Sunday, so its not like Puder couldn't take a flight on Saturday to get to NY. Thats a weak excuse on why Puder couldn't make the PPV. I'm guessing that it's going to end up someone being from TNA. It'll be a big surprise if they got someone who was just on TNA or someone who was becoming a star in TNA.

Have some common sense. Puder is unlikely to do a worked shoot against Angle 2 days after fighting a legit shoot fight. It has nothing to do with the flight patterns.

Fighters often need a few days to recover from a match.

I think the six-sided ring remark was more of a jab at TNA than it was a hint at who the opponent could be. I wouldn't be shocked to see someone take a jab at TNA and say that no one from a six-sided ring had the balls to face Kurt Angle.

Hawk, where did you find out about Homicide possibly facing Angle? I can't find it anywhere, though, to be fair, haven't looked very hard!

Hawk, where did you find out about Homicide possibly facing Angle? I can't find it anywhere, though, to be fair, haven't looked very hard!

Meltzer reported that Terry Funk is strongly pushing for Homicide to be signed with ECW and Heyman is huge on Homicide. Homicide isn't under contract with TNA and he's very unhappy with them.

Last night Homicide cut a rant during the ROH show that he was leaving ROH and going to ECW because ROH kept screwing him (that part was kayfabe). ROH is most likely just playing off the rumors to build around the Homicide Vs ROH angle.

Which has caused speculation that Homicide is actually leaving for ECW. That doesn't mean he'd be the open challenge but the odds of him signing with WWECW is pretty high now.

6/17 is in NYC for ROH, which would be the best place for Homicide to say farewell to ROH. It's possible he could work 6.11 with ECW and finish his obligations to ROH on the 17th. WWE will allow workers to do indy obligations if they want.

Have some common sense. Puder is unlikely to do a worked shoot against Angle 2 days after fighting a legit shoot fight. It has nothing to do with the flight patterns.

Fighters often need a few days to recover from a match.

See that makes sense, but the way the WO made it sound, to me at least, was that since Puder was going to be in San Jose on Friday, he won't be in NY on Sunday.

Not sure if this is official or not, but the local ads here that are running for the Raw in Pittsburgh this week have Edge vs Cena in the mainevent in a Streetfight....

That is the post-show dark match, doesn't really have any effect on the actual show. The same match has been promoted for the local RAW that is the night after One Night Stand.

I think that's the main event dark match for the entire month of June, were getting it in Rochester June 19.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

King Booker is the greatest Diva ever, sucka.

According to the wrestlecrap board, this is from the 6/2 Torch newsletter.

"It has been reported in several of the industry sources that WWE management decided to drop Paul Burchill's pirate gimmick due to the disappointing reaction from live crowds in recent weeks.

However the long term plan is to involve him in a storyline where he plays one of a group of plastic surgeons, who will be terrorizing several of the WWE divas. Other names mentioned to be part of this stable are Jamie Noble, D-Lo Brown and Bull Buchanan (both of whom have recently been teaming in the All Japan Pro Wrestling promotion)."

I guess Vince got into Nip/Tuck. Surprising they would rip off anything that current.

Doubt it's true, but I'd love to see it. Crappy storyline stolen from another crappy storyline (at least in the pay off.)

Wrestlecrap thread

According to the wrestlecrap board, this is from the 6/2 Torch newsletter.

"It has been reported in several of the industry sources that WWE management decided to drop Paul Burchill's pirate gimmick due to the disappointing reaction from live crowds in recent weeks.

However the long term plan is to involve him in a storyline where he plays one of a group of plastic surgeons, who will be terrorizing several of the WWE divas. Other names mentioned to be part of this stable are Jamie Noble, D-Lo Brown and Bull Buchanan (both of whom have recently been teaming in the All Japan Pro Wrestling promotion)."

I guess Vince got into Nip/Tuck. Surprising they would rip off anything that current.

Doubt it's true, but I'd love to see it. Crappy storyline stolen from another crappy storyline (at least in the pay off.)

Wrestlecrap thread

Sounds like something Keller made up, but I still wouldn't put it past WWE to do something like that. How do you explain Jamie Noble going from trailer trash to The Dog pt. 2 to a plastic surgeon? Being a WWE booker sounds really easy.

Im not a big fan of making Burchill into a comedy guy however what reation from live crowds do you expect when you job out a wrestler in tv for several weeks straight? Do WWE think he would get over as "the pirate who always loses in less than a couple of minutes"? Fucking stupid...

Suprisingly my brother found a real-tone of Mark Henry's new Three 6 Mafia theme on one of his music progarms for Verizon phones. I'm totally snagging it once my phone gets fixed (can't see the screen as it is).

Guest Fook

Burchill's entire gimmick should be him immitating current trends. After his current Pirates of the Carribean deal, he'll go with Nip/Tuck. Next month he should look at the Mona Lisa for the truth about Christianity then follow it up by doing a 24-esque real time gimmick.

It'll sell.

Somehow I believe that soon I'll be praying for them to bring back the pirate gimmick...

This is a report from the Canada Walk of Fame deal that will air tonight on CTV. WWE was filming and apparently is trying to get a major publicity deal where Trish Stratus kissed Pam Anderson on the lips. Carl DeMarco was wanting to push this heavily, but to me, it comes across as yesterday's news in the sense it's just a copy of Britney/Madonna. Stratus talked about the wreslting past of several of the inductees, Anderson, Robert Goulet and Alex Trebec. Trebec didn't look happy at all when his past Wrestlemania deal with Jake Roberts was talked about. WWE cameras showed Stratus talking with Anderson, Paul Shaffer, Eugene Levy and Dan Akroyd. No sling. She also made her singig debut doing a song written by George Reinblatt about the inductees on hte walk, wearing a super skimpy outfit.

Apparently someone in WWE watched WM 11 recently and still thought Pam Anderson was still A) hot and B) relevant.

WWE sent a press release confirming the purchase of both Kevin Von Eric's World Class video library and Stu Hart's Calgary Stampede video library. They also announced an international "Classics" TV show.

I never knew Lashley was from Panama I always thought he was Black American. For the Smackdown house show in Panama they are promoting him as from there and they said his name is Franklin Roberto.

Because he's not from there. Franklin Roberto is his real name but he's from the US.

Why are you so sure? in the commercial promoting the house show he speaks perfect Spanish and says Panama is the land his parents came from. Oh and even though they speak spanish most people there are black.

He was born in the U.S.A but his family comes from there.