TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

http://www.wweshop.com/category.asp?categoryId=cat-legends

New "Legends" gear from WWE Shopzone

The first shirt with the advertisement would be cool if the words "Hell in the cell" weren't printed on it.

I cant read who is in the Hell In a Cell Match..and theres some hilarity in the WWE Title being up for grabs between Piper and Dusty Rhodes.

Freddie Blassie vs. Bruiser Brody...HELL IN A CELL!

http://www.wweshop.com/category.asp?categoryId=cat-legends

New "Legends" gear from WWE Shopzone

The first shirt with the advertisement would be cool if the words "Hell in the cell" weren't printed on it.

I cant read who is in the Hell In a Cell Match..and theres some hilarity in the WWE Title being up for grabs between Piper and Dusty Rhodes.

Freddie Blassie vs. Bruiser Brody...HELL IN A CELL!

...that, if they were both at their best points of their career, might actually be a match I'd like to see.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

WWE finally signed Seth Skyfire today, who has been in OVW for a couple of years. Skyfire is the current OVW Television champion.

Who will it be?

By Louie Dee

June 8, 2006

Rob Van Dam will challenge John Cena for the WWE Championship at ECW One Night Stand. And while everyone is eagerly anticipating that match, perhaps no one has more interest in it than Edge. Two weeks ago on RAW, The Rated-R Superstar defeated Big Show to become No. 1 Contender for the WWE Championship, and he will take on the champion at Vengeance.

When asked who he would prefer to face, Edge told WWE.com that it really doesn’t make a difference. “I’m not going to be picky. Whoever wins, I’m going to beat them,” said the Rated-R Superstar. Despite the non-preference, Edge sees motivation either way. “I’ve been up and down a lot of roads and been in a lot of battles with John Cena, but I’ve never really had that experience with Rob Van Dam so that’s an entertaining thought to me,” he said. “It’s a new challenge and as a professional it’s something that excites me. At the same time, from a personal standpoint, I don’t like John Cena at all. I don’t like anything he stands for, from his choice in music to his choice in clothing, and we’re polar opposites. We couldn’t get any further in two personalities. He’s hip-hop, I’m rock n’ roll. I would like once again to beat him for the Championship.”

With everything that’s happened leading up to One Night Stand, many have surmised that Edge has taken a pro-WWE, anti-ECW stance in recent weeks; the Rated-R Superstar, however, sees things a little differently. “I’m not necessarily pro WWE, I’m pro Edge,” he said. “I don’t enjoy ECW fans or people who claim to be smart about something that they have no clue about but think they do. I don’t enjoy people saying “this match rules” during Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka last year when that match had no psychology and no story whatsoever. It was a joke to me, and those people became a joke to me because they thought they knew what they were talking about; they thought they were being smart by showing how stupid they were.”

If Rob Van Dam wins at One Night Stand, he has said that he will rename it the ECW World Championship…so how would Edge feel if he were fighting for the ECW Championship at Vengeance? “It wouldn’t stay the ECW Championship for long; it would go back to being the WWE Championship, the championship that dates back to Buddy Rogers and Bruno Sammartino and Hulk Hogan and all the rest,” the Rated-R Superstar said confidently. “That’s what I grew up watching. I didn’t grow up watching ECW; it wasn’t around when I grew up, so I would take the championship back to what it is now.”

And while Edge admits that he does share a common bond with ECW, he’s still a WWE Superstar through and through. “I may be the Rated-R Superstar and I may thumb my nose at authority and everything else, that’s the one thing I have in common with ECW,” he said, “but I do believe in history and I do believe in what I grew up on, and that was the WWE.”

Credit: WWE.com

Wow, Edge is really hurting that Awesome and Tanaka put on a better hardcore match with no prep time on a low-budget show then anything he's ever done.

When Edge almost gets impled by a table leg on a top-rope powerbomb then he can talk.

Wow, Edge is really hurting that Awesome and Tanaka put on a better hardcore match with no prep time on a low-budget show then anything he's ever done.

When Edge almost gets impled by a table leg on a top-rope powerbomb then he can talk.

I'm not sure if you are refering to last year's match, but I wouldn't say they had no prep time. Wasn't Awesome/Tanaka booked well in advance? If you are referencing their matches from '99, I agree.

This is the same guy who made a name for himself in ladder matches and tables, ladders, and chairs matches? Those matches weren't exactly psychological masterpieces.

Speaking of comments that don't warrant a thread. I just re-listened to Forceable Entry which was released like in '04. If you listen to the full beginning of the song that was initially for the Hardy Boyz but would become Matt Hardy's theme song, it pretty much predicted what happened to Matt Hardy in '05.

I think the Awesome/Tanaka match was added the week of the pay per view. Maybe they knew before that, and they just held off announcing the match, but still.

Also, JustJoe, I don't think Edge is saying all hardcore matches are bad or whatever, just that particular Awesome/Tanaka match. Edge's match with Foley at Mania is probably what he expects out of a hardcore match, and you can't criticise him for that considering that match DID have the qualities Edge talked about.

I liked Awesome/Tanaka, I should add, and don't really agree with Edge, but whatever.

I'm not sure what he expects. It isn't like WWE would ever spend the time to buildup a match between Masato Tanaka and Mike Awesome, so of course there isn't going to be much of a story around the match. Since the match was on an ECW show, ECW fans understand the history between Masato Tanaka and Mike Awesome and understand that their matches are always wars of attrition. Neither man will have a ten-minute series of moves centered around a headlock, neither man will spring off the ropes and hit 450 splashes, they just knock the shit out of each other for fifteen to twenty minutes until one of them is knocked out. It was the most entertaining match on the card and more entertaining than anything WWE could hope to produce anytime soon, so Edge really doesn't have much room to talk.

All businesses are about making money and to make money you need to draw in new fans. If I'm someone flipping through the television channels and I see two oiled-up bodybuilders on the mat with one another, I'm not going to say "I have to see what this is about." If I'm flipping through the teleivision channels and I see two guys demolishing one another with steel chairs and throwing each other through tables, I am much more likely to stick around and see what it is about.

it still would have been way better if it was HHH instead of Cena at ONS

HHH definitely at this point would get more heel heat. I’m starting to think that Cena won’t get booed as much as we all think. Already he’s not getting booed as much as he used to. I think that maybe the crowd minus the women and children don’t really care about him anymore. If they did this about 3 months ago (striking while the iron is hot), this would come off better. The promo during the contract signing where they were talking about Cena getting booed would be better received. Now, it’s just stale when someone brings it up because they do it all the time. The fans now aren’t as rabid for Cena to get beat, but then again how many wwe marks will be at ONS2?

On a side note, why isn’t Nova being pulled in for the new ECW?

On a side note, why isn’t Nova being pulled in for the new ECW?

Nova is the front runner for the Tazz SD! Color position.

And Edge was kayfaybing that qoute, he would have to be. Since like it was stated the man built his career on TLC matches.

The best part of that Edge quote is Edge saying that Awesome vs Tanaka had no story to it.

PWI:

- For whatever reason, WWE is giving John Cena a lot of credit internally for being the main reason for the strong rating for the WWE vs. ECW special.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

That has to be a joke. There is no way sane people can think like that.